The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 98 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#89417 - 09/24/06 06:35 PM Women putting up with male hormones.
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
A spin off of Dotsie's post...

Anyone experiencing 'crankiness' from their male-menopausal spouse?

DH, who used to be sweet and kind and just nice, is cranky; he can't sleep with me anymore (says the bed is not steady enough and keeps him awake); is moody and intolerant of what he used to be tolerant of; snappy; tired a lot.

And, who wants to bet that our 10th anniversary (this Tuesday) goes unnoticed???

#89418 - 09/25/06 11:46 AM Re: Women putting up with male hormones. [Re: Di]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Di, don't let it go unnoticed. Remind him. What's your number? I'll give him a call! Teehee.

DO a Google search for Jed Diamond. He is the male menopause for this country and has written many books. He did a teleconference for NABBW about the topic. NABBW members can listen to it on the mebers only page. The link is still there.

#89419 - 09/25/06 11:52 PM Re: Women putting up with male hormones.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Kill him with kindness, special Anniversary dinner and a card and if you do gifts, get something he would really like. If works everytime. Also let him know how grateful you are with his patience (scarasm)during this medical problem you are suffering through...That'll teach him.

Edited by chatty lady (09/25/06 11:53 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#89420 - 09/27/06 12:26 PM Re: Women putting up with male hormones. [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Di, how was your anniversary. Dare to share?

#89421 - 09/27/06 08:51 PM Re: Women putting up with male hormones.
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My hub went through a cranky stage. Never smiled and acted like he didn't want to be alive. It was scary. He was supposed to be retired and I don't think it agreed with him. He took another job and got back to his old self but it took a while. It was like living with a stranger for a year.

He also forgot our 10th anniversary. Was very embarrassed by it and in the end, I came out the winner because, in his guilt, he took me shopping. Trust me, he hasn't forgotten since then!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#89422 - 09/28/06 12:01 AM Re: Women putting up with male hormones. [Re: Dianne]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
He made breakfast for both of us...it was very nice actually. But he did NOT let me win cribbage!!

The sad thing is: I had a dress custom done (sun dyed) ,including some custom earrings, necklace and a hair barrette...just to dress up to go nowhere!

Ah well....I am still blessed to be married for 10 years to the same guy! Can't say that for many folks today!

#89423 - 09/29/06 12:24 PM Re: Women putting up with male hormones. [Re: Di]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I like the breakfast idea. Very nice.

What is sun dyed? I don't think I've ever heard of that?

#89424 - 09/29/06 04:45 PM Re: Women putting up with male hormones.
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
His making breakfast was probably his way of showing you he cares. Why is it so very hard for a man to be demonstrative??? I bet he noticed how nice you looked even if you felt itwas in vain. And yes, 10 good years now a days with the same man is a big deal....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved