The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#89381 - 09/26/06 01:05 PM Re: A former abused woman [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My new motto is: If we must take baggage into a new relationship, let it be Louis Vuitton!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#89382 - 09/26/06 04:48 PM Re: A former abused woman [Re: Dianne]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Ann, think of it this way: would you want your sister survivors of DV to feel shame for their experience? I don't think so. I think you would have compassion for her experience, and think of her as courageous for surviving. Please have the same compassion for yourself as we have for you! Love and Light, Lynn

#89383 - 09/26/06 05:33 PM Re: A former abused woman [Re: Princess Lenora]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Thanks for the input. I am not feeling ashamed of myself anymore, but more just still a bit of "I can't believe I did that!" kind of embarassment.

I do have lots of compassion for myself. I have come a loooooong way, baby and am very proud of who I have become and where I am going.

I try not to bring any baggage into the new (and great!) relationship. There are times that I still respond in old ways, but I catch myself and know that those type of responses don't work for me.

I am glad to see so many good women make so many positive changes in their lives. I only wish I knew then what I know now - but I can only know that I learned so much compassion from this experience. Now maybe I just need to show myself a bit more compassion.

Thanks again.
Ann

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#89385 - 09/27/06 01:09 PM Re: A former abused woman [Re: ]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Hey, I wouldn't mess with you!

They never do it in front of other people because they don't want witnesses. That way, they can their victim that they imagined it or it didn't happen. They say they lost control but in truth, they are very much in control...control over the victim.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#89386 - 09/27/06 03:20 PM Re: A former abused woman [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Yes, it is often the only thing abusers have control of in their lives. And the crazy part? Wow, it is amazing how they have the ability to make YOU feel like the one who is wrong, crazy, going insane, imagining something -

Two of my favorite sayings come to mind

You can't change someone else, only yourself and your responses.

Never try to reason with a crazy person.

Ann

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved