The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#89060 - 09/22/06 03:02 PM TV Grey's Anatomy
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Are there any others addicted to this show as I am? Who do you think Meredith should choose? I would choose the vet. He's very good looking, plus she would get free vet care for her animals.

I guess I'm pretty shallow.

Edited by Daisygirl (09/22/06 03:03 PM)

laurapoplin.com

#89061 - 09/22/06 06:38 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Daisygirl]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I love Grey's Anatomy and just finished watching last night's episode.

I can't believe Dr. McDreamy told her he was in love with her. I think Meredith is going to have a hard time making a choice. But, I don't think McDreamy should have been the one to tell her to make a choice, considering he made a choice before and left her alone.

As for Finn, I think he'd be good for Meredith, but maybe a little too calm for her. But, he'd be great at taking care of her, and that's what she needs, is someone to care for her.

Did you see the previews for next Thursday? They show Meredith making her choice by flipping a coin, then having both Finn and McDreamy walking into the bar at the same time.

I'm already anxious to see the next episode.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89062 - 09/22/06 09:04 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I'm another GA addict. I'm with you Vicki, I can't wait for the next episode. I'm not happy that they put it on opposite CSI. I used to like that show too...

#89063 - 09/23/06 01:34 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: TVC15]
Pam R. Offline

It's the best show on TV. I was listening to our NY radio station last Wednesday (WPLJ) and they said that the buzz was that Meredith is NOT GOING TO CHOOSE EITHER Derek or Finn!!! That makes pretty good sense on the part of the writers, I think. Finn is just listed as a guest star on the credits anyway. Every character on that show has a wonderful role. They are genius writers.

#89064 - 09/23/06 02:00 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
I absolutely love that show. It's my favorite and I agree about it being the best show on. They have great writing - That Shondra is great.

I watched last night's show with my son and he really liked it too.

What a hoot... that would be funny if she didn't pick either - but I am really hoping she picks Dr. McDreamy - they make a sweet couple.

#89065 - 09/23/06 02:15 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: 49erDonna]
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is a hoot! I miss Denny, tho! Yet, after last night's episode, I can't help but wonder if Alison is or wants to be pregnant? Just my imagination perhaps?

#89066 - 09/23/06 02:29 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
49erDonna Offline

You know... I bet you are right - that would put a little wrench in McDreamy's speech and Meredith's decision... I love that show!

#89067 - 09/23/06 02:15 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: 49erDonna]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

oooooooooo, making Addison pregnant would definitely put a damper on things with Meredith and McDreamy.

I like the idea of her not choosing either.

I think the show was run again last night. My DVR picked it up and recorded it. I'll watch it again. I liked how the flashed back to the Intern Hospital mixer. We got to see some of the first impressions. Like Burke being with another woman and thinking Christine was annoying. So, where did that other woman go?
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89068 - 09/23/06 03:49 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Daisygirl Offline

Well, Meredith is in love with Dr. McDreamy. He is a hunk, but not very reliable or honest, although he did do the honorable thing in the end by trying to make a go of his marriage. She could do better IMO.

laurapoplin.com

#89069 - 09/23/06 03:54 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Daisygirl]
49erDonna Offline

If Addison is pregnant, Derek will once again do the honorable thing as will Meredith and the Vet will have a chance.

Do you think the model/Dr. will get back with the one who was comforting her after Denny died. As much as I like Dennis, I always thought they made a cute couple.

#89071 - 09/23/06 07:14 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
49erDonna Offline

Yes, Bailey is good. George is a great character too- the nerd with a heart of gold. The characters all have great strengths (and weaknesses) that's part of the appeal of the show.

#89072 - 09/24/06 02:24 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: 49erDonna]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

All the characters balance each other out. The producers and writers really struck gold when they put this show together, not just with the show itself, but with the great actors they found that really pull the characters and story together.

I heard that it finished first in it's time slot last week. It even beat out the old first place holder CSI!
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89073 - 09/25/06 12:54 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay, this may be one I have to begin wathing. I was at my sister's yesterday and everyone was talking about this show. What night is it on? I'm curious...

#89074 - 09/25/06 02:02 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy
Daisygirl Offline

If anyone wants to get caught up, you can rent both seasons from the video store. I had to get caught up on the 1st season by renting the video and watched reruns for the 2nd season.

I think George will develop into a major hunk.

laurapoplin.com

#89075 - 09/25/06 03:45 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Daisygirl]
TVC15 Offline

It's on thursdays now Dotsie. It really is a wonderful show and very well written. I guess you'd have to like the hospital type show though. (which I do, anyone else remember Medical Center w/ Chad Everett? I think that was my first Doctor show that I got addicted to way back when.)
I got hooked on this one, (GA) from day one. I haven't seen any new series this year yet that I feel the same way about. Any reccomendations? I don't want to miss out on a good thing.

#89076 - 09/25/06 04:16 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: TVC15]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Dotsie, if you beging watching, try and get the DVDs of Season 1 and 2 to catch yourself up on the dynamics between the characters. For me, their history is quintessential to the over all story and its progress.

Thursday nights, on ABC at 9 pm. Set your recorder if you can't make it.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89077 - 09/26/06 12:16 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Pam R. Offline

Grey's is certainly the "water cooler" show of the season! Everyone loves it at my office, and yes Dotsie...those that have not watched are coming around too!

What do you all think of Izzie's performance when Denny died? When Alex picked her up from Denny's bed I was balling (even when I watched the repeat!) Even the writer was quoted that she herself watched that piece over and over since she was so impressed with Izzie's acting. I look so forward to that show every week.

Yep, I remember Chad Everett very well TVC15. I was a newlywed at the time and had a color picture taped to the inside of my kitchen cabinet door! Where is he these days???

#89078 - 09/26/06 03:14 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Oh yes, GA is my favorite show too, in addition to Cold Case. The guy who picked Izzy up from Denny's bed is in love with Izzy, but he has always been a jerk. I wonder if his character will soften, and Izzy will see that he's in love with her.

#89079 - 09/26/06 03:52 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Princess Lenora]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Alex loves Izzy. But, he's so stubborn and hard headed. He refuses to acknowledge his feelings because he thinks they'll show him as weak. He's had a hard life. His childhood wasn't easy. He's been hurt. probably physically as well as emotionally.

If anyone can reach his soul, it would be Izzy.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89081 - 09/27/06 01:27 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
Pam R. Offline

Anne327, I do agree with you partly! Almost killing Denny was very unprofessional, but I always have to remind myself that this is TV! Izzie is a great actress and for the most part, the writing is excellent (except for almost killing him in the hospital bed). I heard the same thing at the end of the last season that Izzie's character was written off the show. Guess they changed their mind.

#89083 - 09/29/06 01:00 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I don't know enough to post about all the characters, but I sorta watched this for the first time last night in a drug-induced state. I've never seen so many horny women in one show. Is that the way it usually is, or was I dreaming?

#89085 - 09/29/06 08:26 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Ok, I watched Thursday's episode today and my recorder missed the last minute of the show. All I saw before it ended was Derek standing up in Addison's motel room and looking up when the bathroom door opens and Mark walks out in a towel. Did anything happen after that?
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89086 - 09/30/06 02:33 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Pam R. Offline

The saying is "it ain't over till it's over"....well, the marriage is over!! Guess Addison made it easier for Derrick. I still wonder if Meridith won't choose either guy. I love every character. Alex is really growing on me. I loved his face when he walked out of the bathroom after his tryst with the lung cancer patient. Can't imagine what will happen this season with the whole cast.

#89087 - 09/30/06 04:08 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Meridith finally made one of the first good decisions in her life. She didn't make a decision and decided to date both of them. Finally, she shows some sense and not just jumping into a sex relationship before developing an emotional or personal relationship.

I agree. Alex's expression was priceless. I still like the way he stands up for what he thinks and tells the truth.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89088 - 09/30/06 04:15 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
49erDonna Offline

I agree with you Vicki - I think Meredith made the right decision. She is on the right track by dating - that is a good message to put out there to all young people watching the show.

I agree as well with your thoughts on ALex. He really makes a stand and stands for what he believes. I think I missed the expression - I was replying to an email from a friend and wasn't looking. Knowing Alex's character - it must have been a good one!

#89089 - 10/03/06 06:32 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: 49erDonna]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

I was at Best Buy today and couldn't resist picking up seasons one and two on DVD. The season two package was $50. It has all the extra stuff on it like:

4 extended episodes (uncut)
Stars answer fans questions
Interview with Dr. Bailey
Set tour
Anatomy of special effects
deleted scenes
and more

I can't wait to dive into it!!
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89090 - 10/04/06 02:39 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: 49erDonna]
Bathbuddys Offline

Loc: Midwest
OH I think she should choose The VET as he is a lot more handsome from his personality.
She should also choose him as McDreamy stayed with Addison and OH my goodness wasnt this last week a shocker when he went to tell her and His best friend was there. Addison was so afraid of losing her husband she DID IT AGAIN!...lol
Oh geesh, I hope they don't take the vet off the show, I like him.
I hope THe model and that guy get back together too, they are really changing his personality and it is nice to see.

Nancy

#89091 - 10/04/06 09:22 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Bathbuddys]
Pam R. Offline

Nancy, I am drawing a blank...what model? And the guy you are referring to: Is it Alex, who dated Izzie? If so, I fully agree about them changing his personality.

#89092 - 10/05/06 01:36 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
Bathbuddys Offline

Loc: Midwest
sorry Pam. I knew who I was talking about the model=Izzie and yes alex is the one who has become quite humble.

THe veteranarian is awsome and much better than McDreamy for Merideth!

Nancy

#89093 - 10/21/06 12:52 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Bathbuddys]
Pam R. Offline

So what do you all think of the latest episodes? I must admit I am having a hard time getting use to the Thursday night time slot! I guess I liked to unwind on Sunday nights better. But I still won't miss it!!

I bet that Izzie gives that 8 million dollars to charity. And, I still can't figure out why she was not arrested for cutting the tubing on Denny's machine forcing the heart transplant. As far as Meridith, she is going to wind up with no guy at all...but that will keep the story line moving. Everyone seems to be sleeping with everyone. I bet Dr. Burke's hand gets better and I hope George and Carrie get back together.

I am hooked, how about you?

#89094 - 10/21/06 02:35 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
49erDonna Offline

I am hooked as well and enjoyed last night's show. I was most taken with the Black female Doctor's (Dr. Bailey?) character last night. She portrayed such a wonderful human side of Doctors. She got in plenty of hot water for how she handled the Izzy incident and was taken down several notches by the snotty young doctor making her doubt her ability. Her bedside manner with the patients is the thing that makes her so human and creates good will with her patients... yet she was questioning herself. I liked what the head Doctor told her - it lifted her spirits.

I watch the show with my son (who used to have problems picking up on social queues) and we both thought it was interesting how they were able to show that when it comes to communication, timing can be everything. Had Meredith said what she said to McDreamy at any other time it would have gone over much better and may well have had a different outcome. Yet without knowing it she said it right after he had gotten the news that his ex had more than just a one night fling and it did not go well.

I think the writing is just great and look forward to thursdays!

#89095 - 10/21/06 05:18 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: 49erDonna]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

I watched this week's episode yesterday and was a little taken aback by the story line between Derek and Meridith. Especially when they showed the previews for next week and Derek gets caught with another woman. I had almost believed that things would finally go right for them. But, I guess that wouldn't be best for the show, right?

Izzie is going to give the $ to charity. Maybe even to the hospital where she works. I got that feeling.

I'm glad they showed Dr. Bailey's softer side. She really went through a lot when Denny died and she took responsibility for her interns mistakes. That other snotty doctor can just take a flying leap off a tall building for all I care. I wouldn't want him anywhere near me if I was in the hospital.

Do you think Callie is going to tell George she slept with McSteamy (Mark)? Do you think George will forgive her? When she closed the door on him when he showed up at her hotel, I felt so sorry for him. But, she demanded too much too soon in their relationship. She needed to give him some space, and to definitely let him care about his friends.

I can't wait for next week's episode. I love the show. And, yeah, I'm probably getting way too involved in it. :-)
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89097 - 10/21/06 06:02 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
Princess Lenora Offline

Vicki, that was a really good paragraph re: George. Right on!

#89098 - 10/21/06 06:08 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Princess Lenora]
49erDonna Offline

I don't like the Callie/George relationship. I really think George's character is one of the most compassionate and I really like him. I'm not a big fan of Callie and think they need to find someone new for George.

I can't imagine him being ok with Callie sleeping with that scuz Dr. McSteamy.

I think it'll go back and forth with Meredith and MCDreamy - but eventually they will get back together.

#89099 - 10/21/06 09:19 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: 49erDonna]
Pam R. Offline

Our local newspaper had an article today mentioning that George (forgot his real life name) has admitted that he is gay. I wonder if the writers would write that into his character. I just love him. He is so sweet, and have you noticed that he lost a lot of weight this season?

#89100 - 10/21/06 10:02 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
49erDonna Offline

I agree - he is so sweet. I personally hope they don't write it into his character. I love his compassion.. remember when he got the very pregnant Dr. Bailey to be in the mindset of having her baby instead of worrying about her husband who had just been in an accident. George was able to get her to see what had to be done in a very touching way. Then... the baby is on its way and George is serving as her coach in her husband's absense and at one point, Dr. Bailey looks at George and says "stop staring at my va-gy-gy"... just priceless.. poor George went from confident to mortified that he was "caught" looking at his boss' "va-gy-gy" too funny! and once again... great writing!

#89101 - 10/23/06 04:18 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Pam, I read the same story in my paper. TR Knight is his name. He's 33 years old. I have noticed the weight loss as well. He's definitely coming into his own.

Just for fun, here's some websites about Grey's Anatomy. A nice distraction during the day.

http://www.greysanatomyonline.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413573/

http://abc.go.com/primetime/greysanatomy/index
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89102 - 11/03/06 02:29 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, I loved it when Izzy said "mcb*tchy"!

#89104 - 11/03/06 03:26 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
Pam R. Offline

The girl in Derek's bedroom was his sister Nancy! They just threw that in coming attraction to make us watch the real thing...like we need to be pushed, not me...I'm there every single Thursday night!

#89105 - 11/04/06 03:04 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Dr Bailey is having a confidence breakdown. Do you think she's really going to lay into Cristina for writing on the surgical board? Especially, because I think she figured out that Cristina erased her name from Burke's surgery.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89107 - 11/04/06 11:37 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
Pam R. Offline

I say Dr. Bailey calls Christina on the carpet next Thursday and everyone will know that Dr. Berk (Burke, or whatever spelling!)doesn't have complete use of his hand. But...how would you have felt if you were the family of the heart patient that had the "Humpty Dumpty" procedure and fully expected the head surgeon to be doing the job, and then learned that he didn't? I bet that happens in real life too. And yes, I love Izzie, but, if it were real life I bet she would have been brought up on charges, maybe even manslaughter. I love the show so much and would never miss it, but I have to remind myself that it is only TV!

#89108 - 11/05/06 03:24 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
Anonymous
Unregistered

It will be very interesting! Christina is brutally honest, and I believe she will eventually bust and spill the beans. Unfortunately, she will be hurt b/c: 1. she will have betrayed Dr. Burke (her lover) and possible lose him, and 2. the consequences of the betrayal of the doctors involved and the administrative circumstances. Also, I think she will eventually lose respect for Dr. Burke, to alleviate this, she may want to remove herself from the entire situation, yet there would be no drama!

Gosh, Meredith simply needs to walk away from McDreamy, he's to confused! She needs to walk away, date nonchalantly, thus, making McDreamy beg on his knees!

#89109 - 11/05/06 04:17 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

I might be wrong, but I think as part of being a patient at a teaching hospital (which Seattle Grace is) patients have to sign a waiver that they know that they'll be "used" as part of the teaching program.

Maybe that's why they can't sue?

Just a thought.

As for Burke being outed on his hand, that's going to come out soon, probably. And, Derek will have to take some responsibility because he cleared him for work. I don't think it will be enough of a conflict between him and Cristina that she'll back out of the relationship. I think she's grown a lot since last year. I mean, you saw how she reacted with Burke's mom. She's learning how not to be so selfish. I hope she is, anyway.

Dr. Bailey will definitely take Cristina to task. She's got to get her reputation back as the Nazi. That makes two interns she lost total control of - Izzy and Christina. She has to get her act together or her career is in jeopardy as well. How can she teach her interns if she can't even keep them under control?
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89110 - 11/06/06 12:51 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I'm a newcomer to this show and I admit I'm addicted. Sometimes I watch both Th & Fri night shows (they're the same) in case I missed something. It used to be on opposite something else I watched and the programming changed. I plan to order the seasons I missed from the library.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#89111 - 11/09/06 07:01 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Saundra]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Saundra, I watch both episodes too. I record them and watch them during the day while hubby is at work. He doesn't like the show. Calls it a "soap opera".

Just FYI
7 hours to go until the next new episode.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89112 - 11/09/06 07:07 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
TVC15 Offline

Can't wait Vicki! We just got a DVR so I'll be recording also.

#89113 - 11/10/06 03:16 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: TVC15]
Pam R. Offline

Saw tonights episode and laughed and cried through the whole thing. Gosh, these writers are just GREAT!

#89114 - 11/10/06 06:53 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

I'm going to watch it today. I recorded it last night. I can't wait. It really was that good, eh? Now you got me really interested. I can finish up with what I'm doing later. I'm going to go watch.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89115 - 11/11/06 01:24 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Princess Lenora Offline

What a riot! The men bonding at the lake. the writers are so good. Because I expected a linear bonding experience when in fact it was a process of ups and downs, secrets and revelations. I loved the fighting match, with the guys slapping like girls.

#89116 - 11/11/06 03:06 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Princess Lenora]
Anonymous
Unregistered

My oh my, McSteamy is so McNot!

#89117 - 11/11/06 01:53 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
Daisygirl Offline

I'm so bummed because I was traveling Thursday night and didn't get to see it. I stayed home last night (yes, my social life revolved around the show) and it wasn't on any of my channels!

laurapoplin.com

#89118 - 11/11/06 10:55 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Daisygirl]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

It was a good one too. I'm so sorry you missed it. The slapping match was hilarious. I thought for sure Burke was going to botch the stitches. But, George is thinking something's up. He saw Burke's hand shake. Now, George's dad is going to have heart surgery? And he wants Burke to do it?
But, I don't think Cristina will be allowed in the surgery anymore, not with Dr. Bailey riding her. How will Burke talk Bailey into letting Cristina assist him in surgery? Or will this be it? Will it all come out that Burke can't perform?

I'm already excited to watch next week's episode. I agree, The writers are really good.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89119 - 11/11/06 11:11 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Pam R. Offline

I think there will have to be some "miracle" to Dr. Burke's hand. Obviously, he is a major star of the show and one of the top surgeons. There has to be a cure out there for him! However, I think that their morals will come into play and he will fess up even if it is just to protect Christina's credibility. Yep, I agree that Dr. McSteamy truly is a Dr. McNot...what a player!!
Daisygirl...sorry you missed it. Don't you know ANYONE who taped it??? Wish I did, I would mail it to you.

#89120 - 11/12/06 12:21 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
I have to say, this past episode was one of the best ones!

#89121 - 11/12/06 07:42 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: diamond50]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

They just keep getting better and better. The writers are geniuses. The medical stories they come up with are amazing. A woman pregant with two babies, in two uteruses by two different men? Whoa!
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89123 - 11/13/06 01:02 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
TVC15 Offline

I agree Anne. I haven't had this many "must see shows" in a long time. Even Desperate Housewives has gotten better again. I loved their first season but since then was finding it a little "too much" I enjoyed their last two episodes very much and was glad I hung in.
As far as Grey's Anatomy, I can't think of a single episode that I didn't like since it started. It is definitely my favorite.
I like Brothers and Sisters and Ugly Betty a lot too. Honestly didn't think I'd like Ugly Betty but was pleasantly surprised. Another one I was surprised to like is Men in Trees.
Sorry to get off topic!

#89125 - 11/18/06 02:38 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
Princess Lenora Offline

That was such a romantic scene with Meredith and McDreamy in the tub together. I liked the way the scene was shot, the angles, lighting, bubbles, etc. And the Chief is not going to visit Meredith's mother who has Alzheimer's. And Christine keeps covering for Burke, but what now? When George wants Burke to operate on his own father's heart! And Bailey singing into the phone to her baby during her 15 hour shift at work. Great show this week. What grabbed you all?

#89126 - 11/18/06 03:08 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Princess Lenora]
Pam R. Offline

Lynnie, That whole show grabs me every week too! Yep, everything you said and more. I can't stand McSteamy, but that must mean he is a good actor too, since that is what they want us to think! I soooo wish that Izzy could love Alex once again. They are so cute together. I had to tape the show for a gal at work this week. I was so afraid it wasn't going to work and she would be so dissappointed. I know it's also on Fridays, but she wasn't available tonight either. No one can miss it, it's the talk of my office!

#89128 - 01/13/07 01:43 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
Pam R. Offline

Okay girls...what did you think of last nights new show? I kind of think it was just okay. Interesting, and I picked up a few more new points, but I bet it gets lots better in the next few weeks.

#89129 - 01/13/07 12:57 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
TVC15 Offline

Sorry Pam, I don't agree. I was glued to the set, as usual.
The discussion George and his dad were having was right on target. (I know from my own experience) and the whole thing with Izzy not wanting to cash the check got to me too.
How about Alex and Addison? What do you all think of that?
I do agree that they are setting us up for a lot more to come in the next few weeks though.
Is everyone aware that Lifetime channel is running the old ones on Sunday nights at 11?
I got such a kick out of seeing that first episode again last week. They've all grown so much in two short years.

#89130 - 01/13/07 05:10 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: TVC15]
Pam R. Offline

Oh TVC, don't get me wrong. It was good and I don't even leave the room during commercials, but I know it will be better in the weeks to come! I agree, the scene with George and his Dad was very moving, as was Izzy with the check. She is a wonderful actress, as are all of them. I saw the Alex and Addison on the previews and wondered where they were going with that "almost kiss". We'll have to wait to see. A friend at work saw Addison (forgot her real name) on a talk show. She was telling us that she seemed very "full of herself" due to the show's popularity. I hope not. I hate when that happens to actors. I really like her role in the show. Did you notice that Dr. McDreamy won the People's Choice Awards for best male actor? Are you surprised? Is it just the show's popularity, his good looks, or do you think he really deserved it? We had this chat at work. Most gals felt it was his sexy good looks....I'm not sure. Nevertheless, it is my favorite show and Thursday night at 9 pm, I can be found in front of the TV. No phone, no visitors, just Grey's!

#89131 - 01/13/07 06:45 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
TVC15 Offline

I feel the same way Pam. My family knows to leave me alone on that night! I don't know why he won, but I think he is really good in his part, as are all of the actors so I'm glad for him.
Addison seems full of herself on the show too. LOL But then that's what we love to hate about her, right. I hope none of the actors get so full of themselves that they leave the show. Looking forward to future discussions with you and all the other boomer grey's fans!

#89132 - 01/13/07 08:42 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: TVC15]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

I was sooooooooo glad that another new episode finally aired. I watched the two previous, so I could catch up again. Christina and Burke seem to be heading for a blow up of some kind. This not talking first to not be the weaker one is crazy. They need to sit down and talk things out.

So, do you think Izzy is going to use her money to help that girl with scoliosis get her operation?

On the previews for next week, it looks like George's dad is dying.

And, hey, did anyone catch that kiss between George and Callie? It was good.

I hope this year's writing is just as great and the first two years.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89133 - 01/13/07 11:08 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

My daughter got me hooked on this show. I never watched it until a couple of months ago. At Christmas, she gave me the DVD set from the first season, so I'm looking forward to curling up with those soon.

#89134 - 01/14/07 12:30 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: dejavu]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Now that Izzy deposited the money, that opens up
alot of possibilities for the writers to go crazy with,
as to what else she'll be doing with the money.

#89135 - 01/14/07 02:10 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: diamond50]
denanz Offline

Loc: Tempe Arizona
aughh! I missed it

#89136 - 01/14/07 12:51 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: denanz]
Daisygirl Offline

I'm glad Izzy finally deposited the check. The bank scene was very funny.

I like Callie's character and the fact that she isn't skinny and still sexy. Did you see that dance she did when the chief caught her in her undies?

laurapoplin.com

#89137 - 01/14/07 03:14 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Daisygirl]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

That dance was very sexy. I like that she's voluptous and bigger and the men are very attracted to her.

dejavu, get the 2nd season on dvd too. It's packed with episodes. Three or four disks worth. Great stories. Great plot lines.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89138 - 01/15/07 12:26 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
TVC15 Offline

It's not only Callie, but George too! He isn't what you'd consider hot or anything but they let him have his moments as well. I envy the writers. They are soooo good!

#89139 - 01/15/07 05:33 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: TVC15]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

The writers are really good. But they have such a good cast to write for. The character choices are perfect.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89140 - 01/15/07 09:39 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Pam R. Offline

Don't you just wonder if they thought the show would be such a hit the first season it was on? Wow, it blew everyone away. It's a "watercooler" TV show every week!

#89141 - 01/15/07 09:47 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

You know. I don't know if they really knew what they had when they started. They paired it up with Desperate Housewives to help generate an audience. But, it didn't need it. It just took off on it's own. Now, it's holding Thursday night.

And already in syndication after two seasons on Lifetime. That must be some kind of record.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89142 - 01/19/07 01:48 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Daisygirl Offline

Awww poor George.

One thing I love about this series is that one minute you're laughing and the next you're crying. Just like real life. Although the situations are certainly not.

laurapoplin.com

#89143 - 01/19/07 03:16 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Daisygirl]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
GIRLS...SOMEEEEEEBODY send me an email next week to remind me when it's on. I must get involved with this show. You all make it sound so yummy! Please?

Edited by jawjaw (01/19/07 03:16 PM)

#89144 - 01/19/07 04:43 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: jawjaw]
TVC15 Offline

Due to the subject matter being so close to my heart, I cried for almost 10 minutes after the show was over. I was already crying but when Christina said I'm sorry you had to become a member of the dead father's club, I lost it totally!

JJ, I'll try to remember to send an email. They are playing the first season on lifetime at 11 on sundays. I know that's late but maybe you can tape them. I don't know if you'd like it so much if you don't see the beginning. You can also watch it online at ABC.com.

This show is so good, I even got into a conversation about it with my bank teller this morning...LOL

#89145 - 01/19/07 08:01 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: TVC15]
Daisygirl Offline

They also show the same episode on friday nights at 8.

Yeah, Christina is letting her guard down a little and becoming human.

laurapoplin.com

#89146 - 01/20/07 01:06 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Daisygirl]
Pam R. Offline

Oh my gosh...I knew all you gals would be crying just like I was! I love George. In fact, I love all of them. They all care so much about each other. They are like a family working together. Yes TVC15, when Christina spoke to George and said she was sorry that he was a member of the dead father's club, I only thought of my dad and how much I miss him too. J.J....whatcha doing on Thursday nights at 9 p.m.? Put a sticky note on your TV!! It's really worth watching.

#89147 - 01/20/07 01:00 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Because of this thread, I started watching the show last week. I want to watch it now from the beginning. Everyone seems so real. Like they are my own friends. They have figured out how to generate empathy for each character. A new Grey's Anatomy addict here.

#89148 - 01/20/07 01:24 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Anno]
TVC15 Offline

Welcome to the club Anno!
I've been hooked since day one and my family basically knows to leave me alone on thursday nights now.

One night during last season's shows, our power went out 5 minutes before the show was to begin. I was a raving lunatic. It's a good thing they show repeat episodes, that's all I can say! LOL

#89149 - 01/20/07 03:03 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: TVC15]
Daisygirl Offline

You can also watch it on line if you miss an episode. GreysAnatomy.com.

laurapoplin.com

#89150 - 01/20/07 03:33 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Daisygirl]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was at nightschool & missed the rerun, too! I'll catch it on the net - have any of ya'll watched the eposides on the net?

#89152 - 01/20/07 11:00 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
Pam R. Offline

Anne327, I heard the same thing on the news...that Isaiah could be fired. Apparently he apologized and said he will get help (somewhat like "Kramer" said about the N word), but I haven't heard anything more. Funny however, the scene with him and George over the impending death of George's father was heartwarming. Great acting from both actors at a time when in real life they are having issues with each other. I do hope that this does not give a negative vibe to the show. It is much, much too good to lose ratings over one person's verbal comments. Seems like all these celebrities seem to "open mouth and stick foot in" these days!

#89153 - 01/21/07 06:47 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Daisygirl]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
If you haven't watched it from the beginning, you need to find a way. Getting to know each character is half the show. My fav is Izzie.
I have a problem with Meredith's speaking. It gets tedious - same tone, same rythm, same patterns, just different words - but she's a valuable character.
Didn't like Kate Walsh or her character at first. She kept pursing her lips (specially when she was drinking around the separation), which appeared so unnatural on her seemingly mature look.
There for a season, I thought it was all going to be about SEX, but it leveled out, not as much as my DH and I'd like. But, there's either less of it or we've become immune.
Great show, indeed.

#89154 - 01/21/07 04:19 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: gims]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Meredith is so skinny! Have ya'll noticed that she teeters when she walks! I really enjoy the expressions of the "Nazi", she is a pivotal character.

#89155 - 01/27/07 03:32 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Will you marry me? The ending was so exciting! Two marriage proposals, won't say whom b/c I'm not certain if ya'll saw the 1/25 episode!

#89156 - 01/27/07 03:41 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
TVC15 Offline

I saw it and agree it was exciting. Can't wait to see the next one!!!!!

#89157 - 01/27/07 05:18 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: TVC15]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

I just now caught up with last week's episode. I still have this past Thursday's episode to watch. I got behind a bit. I was so sad when George's dad died.

Apparently, I. Washington is in counseling now to understand why he would use the slurs. I hope that he comes out of it in a positive way and they don't fire him from the show. He is a great character and holds up his end of the plot.

I knew Izzy was going to start using her money to help patients. That girl she helped with the spine problems, was so heartwarming. And how she stood up to Bailey and said she'll still get emotionally involved, but she can be a surgeon too. Did Bailey actually hold back tears during that shot? It looked and sounded like she did.

Okay, I'll find a way to watch Thursday's show ... maybe on Monday and then will be all caught up.

JJ. The first and second seasons are out on DVD if you can get them, that would be a good way to get caught up on the dynamics of the show and complexities of the character developments. It's definitely a show that you should watch from the beginning to see the character growth.

I'm so glad I made the choice to watch the pilot when it came out. I've been hooked ever since.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89159 - 01/29/07 10:04 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

I just watched last week's episode today. When I read "proposal" I had a feeling Burke would ask Christina, but I didn't have a clue George would ask Callie. Do you think she'll say "no" because she's afraid he might be reacting from his father's death?

I saw the previews too. What kind of treatment was Meredith's mom on that she suddenly got her memory back? Does that really happen in Alz. patients?

I'm interested in finding out what's going on in the operating room where everyone is falling over and passing out.

Izzy and Dr. Bailey teaming up to do this free clinic is great. They're so different, but so much alike as well.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89160 - 01/30/07 02:33 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Daisygirl Offline

IMO it doesn't seem like Meredith is thinking too much about marriage. They are just enjoying each other and in the honeymoon stage of their relationship.

laurapoplin.com

#89161 - 02/15/07 09:32 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Okay, tonight is part two in the ferry boat rescue drama. There is so much going on. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Meredith gets pushed into the water. Izzy is trying to help a guy crushed between cars with gasoline dripping.

Do you think Christina should have just sucked it up and let Burke tell his friends they were engaged? She had her chance to tell Meredith. Several times, but she didn't. I thought they were getting closer and she could share things like that. She told her she was pregnant, but she can't tell her she's engaged?

Is everyone going to be glued to their TV's tonight?
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89162 - 02/16/07 03:18 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Pam R. Offline

Oh yes Vicki, I sure was glued to the TV tonight. What a show, one of the best this season so far! I doubt they can kill off Meredith and I certainly hope they don't bring her back as a "ghost" like other shows have done in the past. Izzy is one of the best on that show. Imagine drilling into a mans head while he is under a car wreck? And Alex, he is great too. They are making him much more mellow each week...very becoming. What an ensemble cast of actors. They amaze me every week. Poor Christina, she definitely wishes she told Meredith about her engagement. They are so close and now she is just realizing how important she is to her. Christina has a problem with showing her emotions to everyone... including Preston. I can't wait for next week already. I know tomorrow's work conversation will be all about Grey's!

#89163 - 02/19/07 08:43 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

It's a THREE part episode. I hope that wasn't the season finale and we have to wait until next season to find out what happens. It wasn't advertised that way.

I doubt they'll kill Meredith. I mean, come on, the show is called GREY'S Anatomy. LOL

The previews for the next show seemed to indicate they were going to keep trying to save Meredith, and not give up like it sort of ended last week. She'll have all these stories to tell about what the afterlife was like and who she met and talked to.

Come on, Thursday!
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89164 - 02/24/07 11:19 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Pam R. Offline

Well Vicki, It looks like you and I are the only two really interested in Grey's!!! Wasn't last Thursday wonderful? I could not believe it took nearly the whole episode for Meridith to "come back" to us. I loved the scene with her mother in heaven. I also loved how emotional Derek got. But the best part in my book was when Mark told Addison that he really loved her when they were together and wanted another chance. (No sex with anyone for 60 days is the test!) I heard last week that someone is going to die on the show...did they mean Meredith's Mom?

#89165 - 02/25/07 01:51 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Pam R.]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was so sad for Denny! He's so handsome, even as a ghost! Yes, very interesting bet for Dr. McSteamy! I look forward to the next episode.

#89166 - 02/25/07 05:43 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

I read something in the paper yesterday that Kate Walsh, the woman who plays Addison Montgomery is going to do a spin off from Grey's Anatomy.

Here's the article

"Kate Walsh will have company in her potential Grey's Anatomy spinoff. The Hollywood Reporter says Taye Diggs will joing Dr. Addison Montgomery in an expanded two-hour episode slated for broadcast in May. The backdoor pilot episode will feature Montgomery on the verge of leaving Seattle Grace, a scenario that will be triggered if ABC goes with the spinoff for next season. There were no details on the character Diggs will play. Let's hope it lasts longer than Day Break."

That's it. That's all the article said.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#89167 - 02/25/07 07:39 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
TVC15 Offline

Cool! I hope it's going to be as well written as Grey's.
I loved the 3 part episodes.

#89168 - 02/25/07 08:39 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: TVC15]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I love living this thru all of you. I think it's a hoot. Mother and I watch the old Dallas reruns and are hooked on it as well. JR is just one of those people you love to hate.

I still haven't caught an episode of this Grey's Anatomy though. I have GOT to do that!

#89169 - 05/18/07 02:48 AM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: jawjaw]
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok, watched the season finale, and just not impressed! don't want to spill beans for anyone, yet I rather feel that the way the female interns act and the main male characters, that they give both their own and opposite sex a bad rap!

#89170 - 05/18/07 03:45 PM Re: TV Grey's Anatomy [Re: ]
TVC15 Offline

I was hugely disappointed in this episode too.
Nothing went the way I wanted it to go.
I'm still looking forward to next season though!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved