The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#88052 - 09/11/06 05:12 PM To marry - or not to marry
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I covered up a good post that whirlwind has going so don't forget to check that out too.

ne of the topics that I thought could use its own forum is:

To marry -or- not to marry.

I know every boomer woman does what they want these days and that's a good thing. But how about listing some reasons for marrying the guy you've been dating for five years (or whatever) and perhaps some reasons for staying in the relationship and not marrying.

#88053 - 09/11/06 08:07 PM Re: To marry - or not to marry
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
It seems to me this would be a very short topic as there are really only a few reasons for either.

GET MARRIED:
finances (needing help)
loneliness, needing someone
peer pressure,
need sex,
fear of sickness/dying alone.

DON'T MARRY:
finances(fear of scoundrels)
contentment with ones self,
peer pressure,
sex not important,
good support team for old age either family or arrangements for long term care....

Maybe someone else has more ideas but these seem to be the ones I've thought about and seen discussed in the Forum.

Edited by chatty lady (09/11/06 09:28 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#88054 - 09/11/06 09:42 PM Re: To marry - or not to marry [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Sometimes, because of a will, the woman won't get married again or her finances would be cut off.

I would never get married again if the hub died. I think I've pretty much exhausted that part of my life anyway.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#88055 - 09/11/06 11:00 PM Re: To marry - or not to marry [Re: Dianne]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
To add on to Chatty's and Dianne's: when, and when not to, perhaps may also depend on how the children would feel about it?

#88056 - 09/12/06 01:03 AM Re: To marry - or not to marry [Re: Lola]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
If I could marry someone who was a Christian, honest, unselfish, responsible, fun, and intelligent, I would marry him.

If I was in love with him.

I would want to make love to someone I love and since I don't believe in SOoM, I would want to marry him.

laurapoplin.com

#88057 - 09/14/06 12:48 PM Re: To marry - or not to marry [Re: Daisygirl]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Daisy, where's smilinize when you need her? She met and married the guy you are speaking of.

#88058 - 09/14/06 02:41 PM Re: To marry - or not to marry
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Smilinize and her great guy just got back from vacation and she had a cold but I bet she'll pop in soon to say hey!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#88059 - 09/15/06 12:22 AM Re: To marry - or not to marry [Re: chatty lady]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Dotsie's right. I did marry that guy. More than three years ago and it gets better every day. I think he knows me better than I know myself.
We met three weeks before we got married, and it is still as if we have known each other forever.
When we met we were both divorced, both in our early fifties, and had both come near remarrying a couple of times and both chickened out at the last moment. Neither of us planned to ever marry again.
But the moment we met it was obvious, there was no other choice. We eloped.
We have often thanked God for such an illogical, but wonderful blessing.

smile

P.S. Chatty's right too. We did just return from vacation and I came home with a bad cold. Thankfully it started on the way home and I'm getting better.

#88061 - 09/16/06 11:50 AM Re: To marry - or not to marry [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Anne, when I read under age, I ws thinking...what is she going to tell us here. Phew!

smile, when you're feeling better, tell us about your trip. So happy to hear you are still living the honeymoon!

#88063 - 09/24/06 05:05 PM Re: To marry - or not to marry [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Perfect Anne!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved