The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 25 of 26 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 >
Topic Options
#177670 - 03/20/09 08:40 PM Re: I love my life because... [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Is the tooth fairy visiting L tonight?

I love my life because this is the first day of spring. New life is everywhere here too. A field I drive by to take my daughter to school was brown last week, and honestly - it's all green now! Just drove by a hedge of blooming forsythia. Gotta love it!

#177696 - 03/20/09 10:07 PM Re: I love my life because... [Re: Dotsie]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
he would like a robot from tooth faire and i know one such robot thats cheep lol so he might get cash for a cheepie robot...

daffodils everyweer in the park and crocises which are a bit late but their all their just butifull.

2 butifull warm days in afternoon, frezin fog in morn but everyone in parks enjoying heat and scenerie perhapps just being out. Thes days are such a relife after a winter.

#177702 - 03/20/09 10:42 PM Re: I love my life because... [Re: celtic_flame]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I mean..you gotta get a smile on your face when reading your posts! And I have one..on my face..and inside too! Thank you so much!!!

I love my life because there are some wonderful friends in it..like you girls here. I know that I am not around that much..and you´re still here..thank you!

And yes..the sun has been smiling on us here in my area of Sweden. It´s been wonderful! I got my butt out the door and did some walking again..after work.

Hope that you all have a good week-end! Hugs!!!

#178294 - 03/26/09 02:35 PM Re: I love my life because... [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

humlan, glad to hear you're out walking. I wish we lived closer. We could walk together.

I love my life because I'm doing a small, out of the ordinary retreat, and it's causing me to have a better awareness of daily grace.

I love my life because all the decisions are made for our kitchen renovation so it should be free sailing for the next couple weeks.

I love my life because I learned our youngest is coming home for a short visit.

#181908 - 05/10/09 05:57 PM Re: I love my life because... [Re: Pam Kimmell]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I learned a lesson on mother’s day. That is; don’t say what you don’t mean, just to put yourself in a better light.

This week we saw our sons very often, so both of them asked me what I’m planning on mother’s day. Thinking they might have enough of “family” I said I plan to spend it with my own mother, and that they shouldn’t worry about doing anything, it’s just a commercialized day anyway. While saying it,… I was thinking, ‘what are you saying’?

Well, this morning I picked up my Mom, and we cooked a lovely dinner and had it on the terrace. Neither of my sons called, and I was angry at myself for playing the martyr when I’m really not one. But then,…while eating desert,…my youngest son came from around the corner of our house with a huge orange tree in his arms. Half an hour later, my oldest son came with a bunch of spring flowers. The whole family was here, and I was so relieved that they didn’t take my words seriously. I thank God, … they could read between my lines. Today I love my life.

#182353 - 05/16/09 05:20 PM Re: I love my life because... [Re: Edelweiss3]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Oh Edelweiss..I sooo identify with you..the whole situation. How many times don´t I do exactly what you did..to make things easier for the family!!! My Gosh..I am SOOO GLAD that they read between the lines!!! And I AM going to try and stop doing the very same thing!!! I can try along with you anyway!!!

Dotsie..it´s a while back now..but what kind of retreat were doing? Were you not at home at the time?

I love my life because I am much closer to my daughter, here in Sweden. We can talk more easily and openly..and she actually expresses her desire to see me and come to her home and her wonderful family!!

I love my life because I am exhausted after a trying week at work..with staff shortage, etc...AND I CAN actually relax and take it easy! That´s a luxury..and I am enjoying it to the fullest!!!

I love my life because the weather is just gorgeous...and everything around me is so beautiful. I am so grateful!

And I am enjoying the peace and quit around me right now! It´s just lovely!!!

Hugs to everyone!!

#183696 - 06/04/09 05:42 PM Re: I love my life because... [Re: humlan]
Rachel2 Offline

I love life because Its so great to be back here with all of you guys, you make me smile and laugh out loud ( especially at work )and have others look at me wondering what I'm doing besides working.

I love life because God created me for His glorious purpose

I love life because even though I have been through alot of pain and hurt, I AM NOT bitter and still can go out of my way to help someone else.

I love life because Every day I get to wake up to my husband and know he loves me , wrenkles and all.

#183697 - 06/04/09 05:45 PM Re: I love my life because... [Re: humlan]
Rachel2 Offline

I love life today because I woke up smiling , even to the point of maybe cleaning a mote for Da Queen ( quickly looks for that crocadile tape to know what to do)

Edited by Rachel2 (06/04/09 05:46 PM)

#183738 - 06/05/09 10:04 AM Re: I love my life because... [Re: Rachel2]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Rachel, your posts make me smile. Thanks.

I love my life today because I had this online neighborhood to entertain me at 5:00AM when I couldn't sleep.

I love my life because even though I often forget, God's in charge and wants my best.

I'm grateful that my family is healthy and well. It's something I can't take for granted with two diabetics in the house.

I love my life because I get to sit in this big, comfy chair with the morning news on the TV, my lap top in my lap, feet propped up and a blanket to keep me warm. It's 6:00 AM and I have a nice long day ahead of me. Woohoo.

Embrace the day.

#183750 - 06/05/09 02:39 PM Re: I love my life because... [Re: Dotsie]
Rachel2 Offline

Thank you, My evil plot of making people laugh and smile is working WHAAAAAHAAAAHAAAA bring on the crocadiles

Page 25 of 26 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved