The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 186 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#87094 - 11/12/06 05:08 PM Re: 115 pounds in 5 monthes [Re: Eagle Heart]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Eagle Heart, I'm glad you shared your feelings.

I'm like you. I tend to give too much…too much love and caring. And I usually get disappointed at the reactions, because no one really wants all my giving, except my Hubby.

Funny, when Hubby and I were away for 5 weeks, my son called us more then, than when we were at home. He even surprised us at the airport, at 7:00A.M. with grandchild and flowers. He has never ever done anything like that before. So I have learned a lesson from this. I got to stop chasing others, even though I'd love to just embrace the entire world. I have learned less is more . Still doesn't make much sense to me, but that's the way it is.

I've often thought if I had the time and means, I could be one of those volunteers that work with Unicef and just do for others. I love to love, even more than being loved, if that makes any sense. You know who was like that? Audrey Hepburn. Just saw a document about her, and that is exactly what she said. She full filled that dream too, and spent her last years working with Unicef.

Staying with your brother and helping him like you do, is more than what anyone could ask for. What a good heart you have.
Eagle Heart, I'm sending you a hug, and I know just from the posts here, how so many of these ladies sincerely care about you.

#87095 - 11/12/06 07:42 PM Re: 115 pounds in 5 monthes [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You darn tootin' we do. We love our Eagle and thank the good Lord above the day she landed here at BWS. She is our voice of reason when we need it, she calms the waters for us. She is a friend to all. She is a sistah.

JJ

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved