The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 192 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#87084 - 09/03/06 12:16 PM 115 pounds in 5 monthes
Kat_X Offline

Hello! My name is Marry.

I'm 25. I want to tell you my story. I hope it might help somebody. In the end of studying at school I weighted 200 pounds. It's very much for my height of 66 inches. But it created me no problem. And I think that stories like "I weighted 200 pounds and looked like a cow:" are complete stupidity.

I married and gave birth. After the delivery my weight was the same - 200 pounds. And then I began putting on the weight. Very fast. At first I tried to resist. I tried to grow thin but with no result. My weight came to 250 pounds and wasn't about to stop growing.

For years later my weight came to 340 pounds. It was terrible. It was time to do something. I tried many different diets but always fell to the ground. I couldn't retake even one inch or pound. I almost despaired but heard by accident about the Kremlin diet (Kremlin politicians's diet) .

It was a dream, not a diet. No hard limits. To learn more about it see www.aboutfreediet.com

I want to say only one thing. Five months passed - and I've grown thin to 225 pounds. It's unbelievable but it's truth. I'm going on, I like it and don't plan to stop. So, dear girls, if you think your 200 pounds is a problem, what about my 340 pounds? I do no sports. Just trying to go on foot and nothing more.

If I can to grow more thin, I'll write one more story.

#87085 - 09/24/06 07:48 PM Re: 115 pounds in 5 monthes [Re: Kat_X]
FitlySpoken Offline

Loc: US
almost like the Atkins diet plan ...

had great success with it ... but once you are off it you really need to watch or you will gain weight again.

why is it always easier to gain weight ... than to take it off?

c.l. mareydt
inspirational author
http://www.freewebs.com/clmareydt
www.freewebs.com/awordfitlyspoken

#87086 - 09/25/06 11:53 AM Re: 115 pounds in 5 monthes [Re: FitlySpoken]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
fitlyspoken, it's called midlife! Boy has my metabolism changed.

#87087 - 10/06/06 03:16 PM Re: 115 pounds in 5 monthes [Re: Kat_X]
KathleenGageSpeaker Offline

Loc: Pleasant Hill, OR
Not only does the metabolism change after fifty, seems the thinking can too. What I find helps in both areas is to surround myself with information, people, and various resources that keep me on track with what I want to be like in my life.

I once heard, "Our life will either be a stellar example of what is possible, or a warning of what not to do."

Daily I take time to vision my "ideal" life. I find this helps me to keep on track with choices I make. What I have found is the healthier I eat, the easier it is to make the best choices for a balanced life. By healthy, I am not talking a diet.

Those decisions include getting in a daily dose of excercise, time away from my office, time to share with family and friends, and time to share with just me.

Most of us who have ever battled with weight know that diets don't work, lifestyle changes do.

Just a few thoughts

Kathleen Gage

#87088 - 10/21/06 04:09 PM Re: 115 pounds in 5 monthes [Re: KathleenGageSpeaker]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I've always heard that you ARE the mirror of the five people who are closest to you. You do, act, and say the same things they do. Your opinions match, your lifestyles match, habits, etc...Not exactly, but pretty darn close. I've observed this to be true of me, anyway. Check it out. See what you think about YOUR own life and the people surrounding you.

Kathleen, great advice for anyone.

I think at midlife we should have some time to reflect, to look at what's working for us, and what isn't and make adjustments, if necessary. If you don't have this time, then there's your #1 adjustment, eh?

It's all about choices and habits.

I'm not saying I make all the right decisions now that I have time to really stop and think about it all...but I am saying that NOW I know what's it all about, and I'm clear about the "choices" I have made. What is also clear is that I have been chosing Oreo's over Jell-O.

eeek!

JJ

#87089 - 10/22/06 11:58 PM Re: 115 pounds in 5 monthes [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Aging has done one very negative thing to me (just one?) I use to be tough as nails but now I seem to wear my feeings like as hat. The slightest wind blows it off and my feelings get terribly hurt. I am fighting this and know it is not a positive thing and that I should learn to ignore being slighted or insulted, but the older I get the harder it becomes. I never ever use to cry; but now cry about everything, good and bad things. Saw a bird with as injured wing while in the drive thru line at a Jack In The Box yesterday, already had hurt feelings and was feeding myself comfort food, (bad girl.) It was making the most awful noise. I started to cry out of the blue, so when my junk food came, I parked the car and went and caught the bird, put it into my cat carrier in the trunk and took it to the small animal vet, it was screeching the whole time. Left it there and he said he would do his best to fix it up. On the way home I saw two homeless guys on the side of the road and gave them the food I bought. Sat at the computer and literally bitched a fit to my best pal on line and she promptly put me straight. So today I feel much better, not happy but better. Thinner too, no juke food passed my lips.
Oh and the blackbird will be fine and released when completely healed. I do believe age tends to bring out the emotion in us, it has in me anyway.

Edited by chatty lady (10/23/06 12:03 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#87090 - 10/23/06 12:02 AM Re: 115 pounds in 5 monthes [Re: chatty lady]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Chatty,

Just look at all the wonderful things that resulted from your hurt feelings...you saved a bird and fed two men...you felt better...and didn't gain any weight from the comfort food! What a day!!

#87091 - 10/23/06 12:08 AM Re: 115 pounds in 5 monthes [Re: Jane_Carroll]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Now thats thinking positive friend Jane....Thanks for that and you are absolutely right. Its just that I am such a sap for my friends and truly love them and want to do so many things for them, its hard when I realize they don't necessarily feel the same way about me....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#87092 - 11/12/06 01:16 PM Re: 115 pounds in 5 monthes [Re: chatty lady]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Aging definitely makes some changes. Like chatty lady, I can cry over the most unexpected things.........a dead racoon in the middle of the road set me off the other day (see chatty you're not the only one!) a sad song on the radio can get me going, some of the commercials on TV (especially around the holidays) that are meant to tug at your heartstrings, and sheesh you don't even want to be near me if an animal gets hurt in a movie I'm watching.

On the other hand.......I'm more comfortable with who I am now. I've learned to say "NO!" (boy did that take years) to things people ask me to do that I don't want to do. I've learned not to waste my time with negative people I don't want to spend my time with. I've learned to speak up (well that never really was a problem, maybe what I mean is I've learned to do it in a nicer way, and get better results) and I've learned to stop and think and choose my battles before opening my mouth.......some things are worth fighting for, other things, well, they really don't matter so much.
As for aging and the weight issue.......sigh....it has become an endless battle. I'm still trying to lose "the last 10 lbs" and I do well for a while, lose a few lbs, then I gain it back again. It sure is harder than it used to be.

#87093 - 11/12/06 03:32 PM Re: 115 pounds in 5 monthes [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:

Its just that I am such a sap for my friends and truly love them and want to do so many things for them, its hard when I realize they don't necessarily feel the same way about me....

Chatty, I missed this way back in October, but boy can I identifity with what you say. While I admit to being very busy and living this very haphazard life where I don't know from one day to the next where I'll be (I'm living part-time at my brother's and am feeling quite displaced at home lately), I do find time to send out emails and even went to great lengths to send some special momentos to my best friend for a special occasion she was celebrating. Very few of my emails get answered, and all I heard back from my girlfriend was that the box had arrived. It's disheartening. And I know I'm venting here. It just seems that I'm pouring myself out for family and friends, but nobody's pouring back into me...except hubby when he's around, which he hasn't been lately. It's getting mighty lonesome. Sorry for the wee pity party. Take a deep breath. There. Shopping makes me feel better (except when the bills come in!) Maybe I should go shopping for something besides my brother's groceries.

Edited by Eagle Heart (11/12/06 03:34 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved