The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#8671 - 02/08/06 07:53 AM Receiving royalties
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I have a company who wants to lease a soap mold we had made exclusively for our business. The company is not a soap company.They want to use about 8-10 mold sheets.

Has anyone ever done this before? I've already contacted an atty and they want to charge about $1000 to write up an agreement, which would defeat the purpose of making money!

I'm looking for some sort of blanket agreement- type document that could be "tweaked" for my use.

Or, if you know of something/someone I could contact.

Thanks!

#8672 - 02/08/06 07:11 PM Re: Receiving royalties
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Di: Maybe you can contact the SBA for info regarding that issue.

#8673 - 02/08/06 07:46 PM Re: Receiving royalties
MaryE Offline

Nolo Press is an excellent resource for do-it-yourself legal information. They have many books on many different topics. www.nolopress.com

Another resource is SCORE: The Service Corps of Retired Executives. www.score.org. This group may be affiliated with the SBA in some way, but I'm not sure. Their website has a lot of info, and you may be able to get a free and/or low cost consultation if they have a chapter in your city/area.

Good luck

#8674 - 02/09/06 08:18 AM Re: Receiving royalties
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I would recommend contacting your local Small Business Administration.

They may have lawyers who answer simple questions for free.

#8675 - 02/09/06 08:33 AM Re: Receiving royalties
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Di
If you created the molds yourself, you might want to copyright them as works of art. If you register your copyright, they are protected by Federal law (costs around $30). They might also be pattented, but that is for new and different processes which your molds don't seem to be and it is more expensive.

Either way, you can 'license' someone to use your molds for a specific amount of time or number of reproductions.

You might try to find the "licensing agreement" that is used to license musicals and plays and revise it. Those are available through the Writers Guild and possibly online.

Best of luck. This sounds like a very important expansion of your business.

smile

#8676 - 02/08/06 09:50 PM Re: Receiving royalties
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dotsie: thanks for spelling it out-(SBA).

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved