The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 174 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#86619 - 10/17/06 02:06 PM Re: What Do Diabetics Drink? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, I am so excited to hear aobut your brother's diabetes. This is unbelievable. I recall when his numbers were off the charts. Answered prayer?

#86620 - 10/17/06 07:05 PM Re: What Do Diabetics Drink?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dotsie, it's still too soon to declare his diabetes permanently gone, but we're delighted with even this reprieve right now - and YES, I believe it's answered prayer, along with his shrinking lymph nodes.

We did just find out that his diagnosis is confirmed as stage 4B lymphoma, which is what I had suspected based on my research (because it affected his liver and pancreas). But my brother thought he was only 3B, so was quite disheartened when he found out it was actually 4B. He was down for a few days, but seems to be regaining morale and a little more energy than he's had in weeks.

He's taking his 5th chemo on Thursday. I definitely see answered prayers all around me these days. It's what keeps me going.

(Maya Angelou)

#86621 - 10/18/06 05:54 PM Re: What Do Diabetics Drink? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh jeez. I am sorry to hear that diagnosis. There are people who survive stage 4b. Do you visit any of the cancer forums? It might be a good idea to find people who have survived that stage and print their posts for him.

More than likely, if it has affected his pancreas, he will have to stay on the medicine for diabetes, but at least it's working! Is his last chemo number six?

#86622 - 10/18/06 10:42 PM Re: What Do Diabetics Drink?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks Dotsie,
I have joined an online cancer forum and do print off items of interest for him. I've also told him that many of the people there are 4B's in full remission.

As for his chemo, tomorrow is number five, and as far as we know he has at least eight more to go (two chemo treatments equal one cycle, and the doctor said he wants him to go through 4-8 more cycles, which would be 8-16 more treatments, which will take us well into 2007...so it's still a long road ahead of us)

One day at a time, and we don't think about anything in the future except full remission...

I wish it were that simple - it's when I try to do anything involving the future that the fear hits me hardest...I've been trying to do a little bit of early Christmas shopping but I just keep breaking into tears right there in the stores and have to turn around and go home. I can only think about and manage one day at at time...

Edited by Eagle Heart (10/18/06 10:43 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved