The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#86440 - 02/23/08 01:33 PM Re: 'full-time homemaker' [Re: Mountain Ash]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Honestly, I feel that I blossomed best as a homemaker. I don't think I'll ever be 100% content in the full time work force. I blossomed because I enjoyed it. I loved having the time for decent housekeeping and cooking. I was home only for the first 2 years with my only child. Then when she went to college, I was home again for 10 years (kinda backwards, I know) to devote all my energies to the ministry. I love planning my cooking and having time to put on nice dinners for hubby, keeping the flower gardens up to par and having a creative home. Nowadays, when working full time I feel more tired and caring less about these things. Maybe someday again I can be home and I have to say that I look very forward to it!

#86441 - 02/23/08 01:48 PM Re: 'full-time homemaker' [Re: Mountain Ash]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
I LOVE this Women proud to be FT Homemakers. I didn't work outside the home from March 79 until last April 07. My youngest son was then 26. I did have 2 stints at outside work, but none lasted more than a few weeks. I couldn't stand being away from my babies. LOL We had an Ad Speciality business, I ran the office end from home. MY sons had their Nintendo set up in my office! I did help run our cattle operation too, take care of my bachelor dad, but was in total bliss with the entire concept. AS my kids grew up, Dad passed, Mom passed, husband stopped traveling and was home FT - I decided to get out and see what this 9-5 was about again. It's still PT, so I enjoy the best of all worlds now. Homemaker, Mom to grown sons and a bit of working girl. I'd not go back and change a thing about how I raised my sons, nope I don't have a 401K, but I do have a mllion and one memories that are worth more than anything to me.

#86442 - 02/23/08 03:12 PM Re: 'full-time homemaker' [Re: Q_ball]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Q Ball,

I'm with you.

I gave up a 10 year military career to stay home with my babies.

I always had a pt/home based business I was working at - but never had the stress of having to do a full time job and care for my family.

I now have an empty nest - have a business I am building - and a J.O.B. that is supporting me as I build. I took the J.O.B. last Oct (it was actually a gift from God) when my ex started playing shenanigans with my maintenance.

And although I have a VERY flexible schedule and an amazing J.O.B......I miss just being accountable to myself. I HATE working for others. LOL

Well, that's my two cents.

danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#86443 - 02/23/08 03:38 PM Re: 'full-time homemaker' [Re: Danita]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Wow, it looks like we boomers really did blaze new trails in so many different directions.....One almost has to feel sorry for the guys! lol lol lol

#86444 - 02/23/08 04:18 PM Re: 'full-time homemaker' [Re: Josie]
Mountain Ash Offline

Been thinking about this topic.Ona wish list I would put at the top...have a welcoming comfortable home for family and friends.This is achieved for me by routine and planning.Then when all is as I want ..I have time..plenty reading..writing and visits to places I like.I have decluttered.All the teaching aids I kept..the paperwork and once I get my flower seeds sown I am on a roll...
MA

#86445 - 02/23/08 04:24 PM Re: 'full-time homemaker' [Re: Danita]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
Danita,
I too miss being acountable to only myself. But, I've found getting up a half hour early to indulge myself with a nice bubble bath before work makes my 'Grind Day" go better. IT's easier to pamper others wishes if you've taken care of yourself first. LOL To, being 'scheduled' somewhat helps me to not get to high on my self appointed pedestal. I do admire you for giving up a 10 year military career for your family. I really didn't give up any "career", I simply dived head frist into the one I always dreamed of. Wife/mother/adult daughterhood fully devoted to being the best at all 3 at one time + being a background force in making a living for our family. I'm just now learning to be a grownup woman who CAN focus on herself as much as her family.
I actually put on night cream now instead of funny faces while reading bedtime stories.

#86446 - 02/23/08 07:39 PM Re: 'full-time homemaker' [Re: Q_ball]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Danita, you said it, sweetie....I also hate working for others. I was so hoping that I would never have to do it again. But I also now have a "maintenance" job while I build my business. Oh, the facts of life are so real!

#86447 - 02/23/08 10:44 PM Re: 'full-time homemaker' [Re: ladyjane]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Ladyjane,

the facts of life ARE soooooooooooooo real. Too real sometimes!

I have owned my own life for so many years that it is somewhat painful having to work for someone else.

You have to know that I did take on pt jobs (summer, night jobs) as needed for the fam - but they were always short term and for a reason.

BUTT, if you ladies knew how little work is required of me - you wouldn't feel so bad. It's just that, I HATE being accountable. LOL

before I took on a "real job"........every day was a week-end day.....so now, my favorite day of the week is Saturday. I hate that I dread the work week. Realistically, what I dread is feeling like I don't have enough hours in the day. With all that is going on in my life - I am battling "the blues" daily -- so that is part of the problem!!

Q ball - I LOVE that I can focus more on myself now also! It's so unreal after years of giving, giving, giving!

danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved