The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#8506 - 04/10/06 01:05 AM Re: Acting Anyone??
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Good luck with the auditions, singing, and classes, forenacct. If you don't mind me asking what are the Sweet Adelines?

My daughter has the most BEAUTIFUL singing voice but she HATES to sing in front of a large audience, she's a great little actress though and is studying to become a drama teacher.

I'm truly inspired by how you are following your dream and it's great that you now have the time to pursue it.

#8507 - 04/30/06 08:59 AM Re: Acting Anyone??
forenacct Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
The Sweet Adelines are groups of women who sing in barbershop harmony. They perform for various charities, and sometimes, are invited to sing in front of other people who seek them out for their events.

#8508 - 04/30/06 08:29 PM Re: Acting Anyone??
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I write musicals, and I sing like a bird, but sound like a cluck. I the love Sweet Adelines and I love to act, but I do it only in emergencies.

A while back after not being on stage for ages, I met a movie director who absolutely inisted I be in a full length independent film. The Director was so cute and he wrote me in a part so I did it.

He treated me like a big star. I thought I was awful, but I guess I stole the show. The film won awards everywhere and wound up in an international film festival of 1500 films judged by the heads of the major studios in Hollywood. And guess who was one of three nominated for best actress.

Yep. It was me.

The producer rented a limo and they had a red carpet and a big ceremony just like the oscars. I was all set to go, but some horrible idiots flew into the twin towers and there were no flights. I didn't win best actress, but heck, I was competing with two twenty-five year olds.

And like they say, it was an honor just to be nominated. It was a blast.

smile

[ April 30, 2006, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#8509 - 05/01/06 03:16 AM Re: Acting Anyone??
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
I've been an extra but never had a speaking part. One needs an SGA -Screen Actors Guild- card for a speaking part and it pays a LOT better!

smileinize - how FABULOUS for you!!!

forenacct - go for it and best wishes for your success!

#8510 - 05/01/06 05:34 AM Re: Acting Anyone??
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Smile I always thought you were awesome and now I know my knowledge of your talents hasn't even scratched the surface. ATTENTION ladies my new website was designed for me by this talented lady as well as the old one for a different business, there is nothing she can't do...check out both websites below and you'll see what I mean.

[ April 30, 2006, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved