The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#84617 - 08/07/06 04:34 PM snopes certified scam ALERT
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
If you click on the link for snopes, it may come up not found. If this happens, back up to just the .com and it will bring up the Snopes home page. Then type in 'jury duty' in the search box. It will pop up.

This is important. Please get it out to everyone you know. Especially the elderly. We need to protect our elderly. Janine

> JURY DUTY SCAM:
>
> This has been verified on Snopes.com (link listed below) and by the FBI (their link is also included below).
>
> Please pass this on to everyone in your email address book. It is spreading fast so be prepared should you get this call. Most of us take those summons for jury duty seriously, but enough people skip out on their civic duty, that a new and ominous kind of scam has surfaced.
>
> Fall for it and your identity could be stolen, reports CBS. In this con, someone calls pretending to be a court official who threateningly says a warrant has been issued for your arrest because you didn't show up for jury duty. The caller claims to be a jury coordinator. If you protest that you never received a summons for jury duty, the scammer asks you for your Social Security number and date of birth so he or she can verify the information and cancel the arrest warrant. Sometimes they even ask for credit card numbers. Give out any of this information and bingo! Your identity just got stolen.
>
> The scam has been reported so far in 11 states, including Oklahoma , Illinois , and Colorado . This (scam) is particularly insidious because they use intimidation over the phone to try to bully people into giving in formation by pretending they're with the court system. The FBI and the federal court system have issued nationwide alerts on their web sites, warning consumers about the fraud.
>
> Check it out here:
> http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/juryduty.asp
> http://www.fbigov/pressrel/pressrel05/092805.htm
>
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Like real life stuff? Go here:
http://www.my-walk-with-God.com

#84618 - 08/07/06 04:37 PM Re: snopes certified scam ALERT [Re: JaMaPh]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I saw this last year. I wouldn't hurt to just bookmark Snopes so you can be kept abreast of ALL scams...even old ones!

JJ

#84619 - 08/07/06 04:43 PM Re: snopes certified scam ALERT [Re: jawjaw]
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
Good morning JJ! I just heard of this one. I guess the bad guys are at it again and starting up a new round of 'jury duty calling'.

How's the temps there? it has gone up 2 degrees in the last 20 minutes here, to a warm 95F.

J

#84620 - 08/07/06 05:11 PM Re: snopes certified scam ALERT [Re: JaMaPh]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
It never hurts to post about a scam you've heard about. There is always someone who hasn't heard of it!

It's a cool 98 degrees here. That's what we're use to down here. No big deal. We don't break a sweat till it gets around 101 and then we start stinking around 103-105.

JJ

#84621 - 08/07/06 10:59 PM Re: snopes certified scam ALERT [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thats for sure JJ. I like and use Snopes alot. Found many fake scams but found out that many were also very true like one today about a kidnapped 3 year old girl which I quickly sent to all in my address book. You never know who might see something and help recover a missing child..

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved