The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#84324 - 08/11/06 06:28 AM Re: 3 young men in critical condition [Re: Bluebird]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I am so sorry to read about that sad news, Jackie. Shall offer a prayer for Mike and his family. And how is Travis?

#84325 - 08/11/06 01:27 PM Re: 3 young men in critical condition [Re: Lola]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I believe Travis is stable. He's the oldest of the 3, 28, and he was the driver. They were just a few cowboys, heading to a rodeo...

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#84326 - 08/11/06 02:26 PM Re: 3 young men in critical condition [Re: Bluebird]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Oh, Jackie, this is so sad! I hope Travis makes it. How hard this is even for us, who don't know them! To lose young lives... needlessly (or so it seems). I know God is still in control, but it still saddens me when these things happen. May God grant the relatives peace and comfort.

And... please remember!!! Wear your seatbelts!!!!
NABBW & NAWW

#84327 - 08/11/06 03:49 PM Re: 3 young men in critical condition [Re: Songbird]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I'm so sorry to hear of all this tragedy in your town. I will continue praying for the families and for Travis.

#84328 - 08/11/06 06:55 PM Re: 3 young men in critical condition [Re: TVC15]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Bluebird, there are certain prayer requests that stir me and drive me to prayer becasue I can relate to the incident. This is one of them. I am so sorry to hear about the consequences of drunken driving.

My nephew was in a horrible car accident several years ago. Alcohol wasn't involved, but speed was, and it was by a policeman. He was responding to a call and hit my nephew and his girlfriend (now wife) head-on on a bridge in Florida.

I recall the upset in my family and the sick feelings as soem of us traveled to be with my sister (it was her son) and her family. He was in a coma for a very long time, and when he left the hospital he didn't have any short term memory for months.

We visited him three months after the accident and he was so happy to see us. Then we saw him again the next day and he greeted us as though he'd not since us the day before. Very scary.

I recall the emotional trauma for all involved so I can only imagine what these families are going through. I am holding them in prayer, and you as you minister to them in some way.

Just a little thought, cards can make all the difference in the world during times like this. For some odd reason, people forget to send cards. Might you like me/us to send any of them a thinking of you card?

#84329 - 08/11/06 08:53 PM Re: 3 young men in critical condition
Bluebird Offline

Just found out that Travis is not well...they keep putting him in an induced coma and when they bring him out, he's in too much pain. The doctors are saying he will probably not be able to function at all (they use the term "vegetable").

Dotsie, alcohol wasn't involved after all. There is a road here that goes from this town to the next. It's flat and open and you would think it's very safe. There are so many fatal accidents when the road is clear and it's still daylight. It's usually because people think they have time to pass when they don't (the passing lane is very short).
I sent both families whose sons have died, sympathy cards with holy cards included. When I went out to lunch, I saw the father of the 20 year old, Travis. I went up to him and even though I don't really know him, he opened his arms for me to hug him. He's such a quiet, gentle cowboy and is wife tragically died only about 4 years ago.
So much pain in the world...

#84330 - 08/13/06 12:20 AM Re: 3 young men in critical condition [Re: Bluebird]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
This is almost too much to bare. I'm so sorry, still praying.

#84331 - 08/13/06 04:16 AM Re: 3 young men in critical condition [Re: TVC15]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I am so sorry to hear this. I can only imagine how hard it is for the parents. I will pray for them and for Travis also.

#84332 - 08/13/06 12:11 PM Re: 3 young men in critical condition [Re: smilinize]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How about an update on Travis and his dead dad?

#84333 - 08/13/06 06:08 PM Re: 3 young men in critical condition
Bluebird Offline

Just noticed I made a boo boo a few posts up. The man I saw in town was the father of Chase, the 20 yr. old who died first. Travis is the 28 yr. old still in the hospital. I'm sure I will have more info on him after mass this evening.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved