The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#83907 - 07/28/06 06:07 PM shooting stars TONITE
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
Hey ladies, The South Delta Aquarids start shooting tonight.

So get out your binocs and sit out where there's little to no clouds. when the moon comes up, look away from it.

http://skytour.homestead.com/met2006.html

Best viewing window: Any morning between July 28-31 (Friday through Monday mornings). 1:00-4:00am local daylight time would probably be the best hours.

Recommended for: Anyone with a dark site and a desire to see some meteors.

The South Delta Aquarids are barely a major shower from 40 degrees N. They are part of a complex of radiants in Aquarius, Capricornus and Piscis Austrinus, all of which combine with sporadic and early Perseid activity to provide a nice display of meteors on moonless mornings in late July. The stream normally produces about 5-10 meteors/hour, with overall activity of about 30/hour under good conditions.

The South Delta Aquarids are medium-speed meteors, and tend to be faint on average. Meteors from this stream are easily confused with those of several minor showers with nearby radiants. The Piscis Austrinids have a radiant near the bright star Fomalhaut, and the weak North Delta Aquarids have a radiant in central Aquarius during this period. A weak, diffuse radiant called the "anthelion" or "eclipticids" is also nearby. Farther west is the Alpha Capricornid radiant, which produces slower, often impressive meteors. You may not be able to assign every shower meteor to its correct radiant, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the show!

The faintness of most of this activity and the large number of faint sporadics mean that a dark sky is almost essential to the appreciation of this late-July enhancement of meteor rates. Southern observers will see higher rates, as the radiants are higher in their sky. All observers will see their best rates in the early morning hours.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Like real life stuff? Go here:
http://www.my-walk-with-God.com

#83908 - 07/28/06 08:30 PM Re: shooting stars TONITE [Re: JaMaPh]
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
My goodness, I wish I was there to watch something like that.

I've never seen anything spectular happening in the sky.

#83909 - 07/29/06 01:06 AM Re: shooting stars TONITE [Re: flossie]
JaMaPh Offline

It's for everyone. Watch your sky about 11 p.m. on. If there's no clouds you should see SOMEthing!

J

#83910 - 07/29/06 01:07 AM Re: shooting stars TONITE [Re: JaMaPh]
JaMaPh Offline

so I was wrong. about 1 a.m. your time. We have clouds. We seem to always have clouds. It's the monsoon season.

JM

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved