The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 123 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#83334 - 07/21/06 03:09 PM probiotics?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Can someone tell me about probiotics?

#83335 - 07/21/06 04:25 PM Re: probiotics?
positiveliving Offline

Loc: Wiltshire, UK
I think that probiotics are the good bacteria that sits in the stomach and helps maintain the stomach wall and digestion. When you have antibiotics you are advised to take them as the antibiotics can strip these out so by taking probiotics you replace them. I think thats right anyway but I'm not a doctor!!!

'because life is not about the challenge' ?
www.positivelivingprogramme.com

#83336 - 07/21/06 06:07 PM Re: probiotics? [Re: positiveliving]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Exactly as Samantha has posted. It is yoghurt made from wholemilk and bio cultures (lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidobacterium longum). The brand I take also has Omega 3.

#83337 - 07/21/06 08:10 PM Re: probiotics? [Re: Lola]
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I added a probiotic to my diet to help boost my immune system since I'm on chemo. DanActive is yummy - like a "smoothie", and my doctor approved it so that's good enough for me! Dotsie, here's info on probiotics at the MayoClinic information website....among other spots on the web!

#83338 - 07/21/06 11:32 PM Re: probiotics? [Re: Pam Kimmell]
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
For many years I have taken a daily acidophillus tablet, they keep me very healthy.....I've never had thrush or a yeast infection. Rarely get colds or things that are going around. Natures miracle drug if you ask me!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved