The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#82992 - 07/17/06 02:53 PM Get Interviewed for Book on Boomer Caregiving!
Age Lessons Offline

Daughter Trap is an upcoming book that will champion the cause of Baby Boomer women juggling work, career, spouse, child and elder care commitments. The author needs to interview Boomer women in this situation to make the book come alive. The book will incorporate quotes from women coping with these conflicting imperatives, and propose ways business, government agencies, local communities and neighbors can ease the burden. All interviews will be confidential, and all quotes will be anonymous, due to the sensitive nature of the material. If you’re interested in participating, please contact Laurel Kennedy at 1-888-879-0123 or email lkennedy@agelessons.com

#82993 - 07/17/06 03:05 PM Re: Get Interviewed for Book on Boomer Caregiving! [Re: Age Lessons]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Laurel,
Can you give more info? Like the expected publish date of the book? The publisher? I'm assuming you are the author? And background for yourself? Do you have a web presence?

Also, is there compensation, not necessarily monetary, but any?

You can probably find a wealth of info here at BWS, but we would appreciate any other info you could provide.

JJ

#82994 - 07/17/06 04:26 PM Re: Get Interviewed for Book on Boomer Caregiving! [Re: Age Lessons]
Age Lessons Offline

I'm counting on my sister NABBW members to give voice to the plight of caregivers. What we did for child care in the 1970s, we need to do for elder care today! Every person interviewed will receive a copy of the published book. For professional and academic credentials, please see my resume at www.agelessons.com. If you'd like to chat about any specifics, feel free to call me at 773.252.0123.

Best,
Laurel

#82995 - 07/17/06 05:30 PM Re: Get Interviewed for Book on Boomer Caregiving! [Re: Age Lessons]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies,
So many of us have taken on the role of caregiver, and gladly so...this is a golden opportunity to also give to others out there who may need to hear our stories. You never know when the thoughts and tips you share may be, "just what the doctor ordered!" I hope you will all join me in supporting Laurel and her efforts to give "care to the caregivers."

JJ

#82996 - 07/17/06 10:18 PM Re: Get Interviewed for Book on Boomer Caregiving! [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sent her an email today JJ to see if caring for my sister for five years who died from MS and Demantia counts.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#82997 - 07/23/06 08:09 PM Re: Get Interviewed for Book on Boomer Caregiving! [Re: chatty lady]
Phyllis0618 Offline

Loc: Oakland County, Michigan
Both my parents died of cancer. My mother in her 40's and my dad just after his 80th birthday two years ago. Thank goodness they had caregivers to help out. My life was an emotional rollercoaster and wrapped up in my own challenges. What I can add is the need to prepare in advance. The living spouse needs support putting life back in order which is a challenge in itself. If anyone wants to hear my thoughts about this aspect, please let me know. I also wrote a book viewed on http://www.eldercareconcierge.net. Practicing what I preace to others is an interesting challenge. Good luck in the book and hope others can really help out. Sounds well worth the effort.

#82998 - 07/25/06 10:30 PM Re: Get Interviewed for Book on Boomer Caregiving! [Re: Phyllis0618]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm happy to be interviewed. I was in the situation while Mom suffered for seven months before dying of lung cancer.

#82999 - 07/27/06 10:46 PM Re: Get Interviewed for Book on Boomer Caregiving! [Re: Phyllis0618]
Age Lessons Offline

Dear Phyllis:

I'd be honored to share your story. Please contact me at 773.252.0123 or e-mail lkennedy@agelessons.com I look foward to hearing about your experiences.

#83000 - 08/18/06 01:18 AM Re: Get Interviewed for Book on Boomer Caregiving! [Re: Age Lessons]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

Hi. I'm new here and couldn't resist the threads in this forum, even though my caregiving years for my parents are over. My siblings and I cared for my mom for 10 years before she died, but I don't think I'd know too many suggestions for getting help from outside sources, even though we surely needed help. In my experience, most outside sources are too overwhelmed themselves to be able to help.

And friends, it's only going to get worse as the baby boomers age. There's more of us and we have fewer children to help.

#83001 - 08/18/06 01:55 PM Re: Get Interviewed for Book on Boomer Caregiving! [Re: dejavu]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
dejavu, and fewer doctors and nurses, and family spread all over the world! Again, boomers will change the way we do everything!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved