The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#82984 - 07/17/06 02:26 PM living alone
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm sure it's so hard to live alone after the death of your spouse. How are all of you coping with the single living arrangement? Have you considered finding a housemate?

#82985 - 07/17/06 10:24 PM Re: living alone
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
House mates can be wonderful, good company and a help with expenses BUT investigaste them thoroughly because when you take on a housemate you also inherit all their kin and their problems. I suggest a short leaes to begin with say 6 months, that way you have recourse if you happen to get the "Housemate from Hell."

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#82986 - 07/25/06 08:04 PM Re: living alone [Re: chatty lady]
copygal Offline

Loc: Texas
Good afternoon Ladies!
I was lucky that my daughter was still living at home when I lost my husband. I really did not want to be alone at that time. She told me she wasn't crazy about being alone then either, so we moved to a smaller place, but stayed together, for moral support and financial reasons.
She's engaged now and getting married in December of 2007 and I'm about ready to move out on my own. I feel stronger now emotionally, just need to start making enough money to be independent financially. It's going to be strange living alone. I've never been out on my own before. I went straight from my parents home into marriage. It's scary, but exciting too, in a way. I'm actually starting to look forward to being in my own place, just me, with no one to answer to about anything. Anyway, everyone has to handle this single living thing in their own way and in their own time, just like grieving.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

#82987 - 07/25/06 10:33 PM Re: living alone [Re: copygal]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

copygal, sounds like you've had the perfect situation...everything has been gradual, and now you are ready. I would be certain to make plans to get out with others for the first few weeks you are living alone. It may help break things up a little. I bet you're going to find youlove having the WHOLE place to yourself. You'll be able to come and go as you please. Will your daughter still be in the same town?

#82988 - 07/26/06 12:31 AM Re: living alone
copygal Offline

Loc: Texas
Dotsie-Oh yeah, she says she doesn't want to be too far away. And my son only lives 30 minutes away. I'm really fortunate to have my kids close. I'm very grateful. I know I'm going to love having the whole place to myself.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

#82989 - 07/26/06 10:39 PM Re: living alone [Re: copygal]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Its actually nice when they come back to visit knowing that they are leaving to go back to their own space and leave you to yours...

#82990 - 07/27/06 03:20 PM Re: living alone [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

copy, you are blessed to ahve your kids in town. Boomer's kids are spread all over the country. That's why so many of us travel so often. Gotta see those grandkids.

Chatty, I am already looking forward to Thanksgiving break.

#82991 - 07/27/06 11:45 PM Re: living alone
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dotsie, I always look forward to the holidays, always have and probably aslways will. I keep hoping my youngest son will show up finally after nearly 12 years. I think that the reason I don't want to move, at least he could find me if he wanted to.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved