The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#82553 - 07/19/06 07:15 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Bluebird]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You got it Eagle...I can only imagine how difficult this is for all of you. I pray that you will find comfort in knowing that God will not leave your brother, or you, nor will He forsake you!

JJ

#82554 - 07/20/06 12:16 AM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Well, our prayers got him a one-day reprieve...we managed to convince the doctors to keep him in hospital one more day. He's now scheduled to go home tomorrow. I'll move in with him and stay there for a few days. He's still digesting the news. He'll start chemo next week, as far as I can tell. I'm amazed at how peaceful I am. I'm truly experiencing God's Presence with us. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers...I know there is so much need out there, thank you for including us on your prayer lists!

(Maya Angelou)

#82555 - 07/20/06 02:52 AM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Eagle, I will lift your brother up in prayer. God knows
more than the doctors and it's not over until it's over.
Please keep us posted on everything.
((((((Hugs))))))))

#82556 - 07/20/06 03:39 AM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: diamond50]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dear Eagle, I read this entire thread. I am so sorry your brother has been diagnosed with Hodgkin's and will go through chemo. What is the prognosis? Other than you, what are his supports? I hope the health care system rises to meet the need, and pray that God will guide the hands and minds as they bring your brother to full health. L

#82557 - 07/20/06 06:32 AM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Princess Lenora]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Eagle Heart: Thank goodness your brother was allowed another day to stay in hospital. It leaves room to organise many, many things for when he is finally home. Praying constantly for him and the rest of the family. Please do get some rest yourself as it will not help at all if you should get sick as well. Our prayer circle for you and for Cathi's Dad is wonderful in that there is always someone praying at any time of the day. This is where international dateline truly serves our prayer circle. So, for each moment of the day, there is always someone with you in spirit and prayer.

#82558 - 07/20/06 12:29 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Lola]
Eagle Heart Offline

Lola, your posts are always so comforting. You really touch my heart with your assurance that there is always someone with me in spirit and prayer. Thank you!

Lynnie, I'm so glad you're back. I won't have much time online over the next while, but look forward to hearing your "hibernation" story. As for your questions, I don't have answers yet. We won't know how extensive the Hodgkin's is until he gets into the cancer clinic, hopefully early next week. My fear is that it appears to be quite widespread. But we just can't "go there" yet. We've been speaking with many people over the past day about what supports are available - things like volunteer drivers to take him to his chemo treatments (his car needs repairs before he'll let me drive it, and hubby has ours), "meals on wheels" which will provide hot meals for him, day-care help (aides who will come into the home and help him with housework, laundry, etc. I'll be doing all of that for him over the first week or so, until we get some of these things into place for him. After that I'll move back home (I can't be away from hubby for too long) and just go over several times a week during the day to help him out.

It's going to be a long road, but we'll just take it one day at a time. God is with us, and this too shall pass.

(Maya Angelou)

#82559 - 07/20/06 03:53 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
As time allows, please keep us informed. Know we are around you, covering you in prayers. You and Gary are in our thoughts daily.

JJ

#82560 - 07/20/06 04:04 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: jawjaw]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Sharon Dear...I know Gary must be so happy to have you with him during this stage...I think the "not knowing" what's next phase is always thje worst...once you and the Doctors get a plan of treatment in place he'll feel more at peace and hopefully optimistic...attitude is everything in the treatment of cancer...my heart goes out to both of you...and of course you are always on my mind and in my prayers...wish I lived nearby so I could really help you out physically...not just spiritually....Miracles do happen...keep the Faith...
Love and (((Hugs)))

Edited by AvalonBlondi (07/20/06 04:07 PM)

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#82561 - 07/20/06 08:45 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Eagle,

I know how you are feeling, really I do. The waiting is always the most difficult part. Your brother is very fortunate to have you by his side. This is going to be a big factor into his healing, along with God's Hand.

Much love to you dear sister.

Love and Cheers,
Cathi

#82562 - 07/20/06 11:24 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Eagle Heart Offline

Thank you all once again for your continuing love. Gary's home, resting comfortably, and already gaining strength from the good home cooking. It was a hectic day, but again, peace and serenity surrounded me every moment of it. I'm so grateful to have you, my caring sisters to lean against.

Cathi, you and your Dad and husband are also in my heart. Be sure that I'm continuing to carry them in my prayers.

(Maya Angelou)

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved