The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#82543 - 07/18/06 06:23 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Sharon,
I am so upset after reading your post...I can only imagine how sick with worry you must be for Gary...but please don't despair...trust in his doctors and hold strong to your faith in The Lord...I can assure you that I will be praying for a Miracle right along with you for as long as you need me too...

It's wonderful of you to be attentive to Gary while he is
in the hospital and needs support...but promise me that you will be good to yourself first...it's so important to everyone who loves you that you take care of you ....

Love you Dear Friend.....

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#82544 - 07/18/06 06:59 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Oh yes, we can and will, pray for a miracle...the children of the King have the right to ask for special favors.
((HUGS))

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#82545 - 07/18/06 07:04 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
We're here honey, and prayers are continuing...Keep the faith. We'll help you. Much love, JJ

#82546 - 07/18/06 10:00 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
He and you are in my prayers. I've also entered his and your name into my Church's prayer circle....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#82547 - 07/19/06 01:30 AM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I have felt such peace in my heart last night and today. My brother is still undergoing extensive biopsies and the prognosis doesn't look good. But as frightening as it is, I'm keenly aware of your prayers buoying me/us up throughout the day. It's a peace that passes my own understanding, given the circumstances, so it can only be coming from God responding to your loving prayers.

Even my brother seems to be feeling the touch of "Something" that he's never experienced before. I know he's deeply touched that you are all praying for him even though you've never met him! Thank you from him. I know he's frightened too.

Nancy, thank you for your love and thoughtful care. I'm making sure to take good care of myself. I incorporate "me-things" in with all the errands I'm running for Gary. Prayer-time, a little shopping for myself while I'm getting his stuff, I even took a wee nap at his place (on his wonderfully comfortable new bed that he just bought two months ago) while I was there getting some necessities. So I'm managing to pace myself well, and hubby comes and picks me up at the hospital every evening. His support has been wonderful too.

Anyway, thank you so much for your continuing support - I can feel it, it's making a difference in my ability to handle this gracefully, and in my willingness to trust that God is in loving control of Gary's situation.

(Maya Angelou)

#82548 - 07/19/06 01:59 AM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Eagle, sweetie, so sorry for what you are going through. Please know that Gary is in my prayers. In the book of James in the New Testament. There is instruction to anoint with olive oil. All it takes is a little bit to rub on him and pray over him. It is not the oil that does the healing, it is the obedience of doing that. The word for olive in the Greek is actually a Hebrew word "EliYah", these are two names for God, Elohim and Yahweh.

I also pray that you are able to find comfort during this difficult time.

Love and Hugs,
Cathi

#82549 - 07/19/06 01:59 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Update: my brother just phoned me and told me that the doctors confirmed the diagnosis - he does have Hodgkin's. He's also being released from hospital today (yuck!) and then he'll have to go home (very weak and still very sick) to wait for the cancer institute to call him in there for treatment. I'm a little upset...they tell him one minute he has cancer and the next minute that they're sending him home! Ouch!!!

Could I ask for prayers again, not just for continued healing, but for compassion on the part of the medical system to get this poor guy the best care he can possibly get? What's the poor guy supposed to do, going home in this condition!!!

Anyway, I'm racing out there (by bus) to help him get ready to go home. Thanks again for your prayers and support - they're definitely helping!

(Maya Angelou)

#82550 - 07/19/06 04:59 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
positiveliving Offline

Loc: Wiltshire, UK

Hello Eagle Heart

I will send healing this evening when I prepare for my work.

'because life is not about the challenge' ?
www.positivelivingprogramme.com

#82551 - 07/19/06 05:58 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: positiveliving]
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
dear Eagle
praying for your brother and you
hugs
My Blog: www.ebenezerscribe.blogspot.com

#82552 - 07/19/06 06:38 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Evie]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Eagle, would your brother object to having a pastor or priest come visit him at home? Some towns also have nuns who go to people's homes to talk and pray with them for whatever reason. Also, maybe you could find him a cancer support group.
((HUGS)) for both of you.

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved