The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#82533 - 07/15/06 01:37 AM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Oh my sisters, do you have any idea how wonderful and comforting it is to know that you're all there, praying and sending caring thoughts? I felt your support, and God's presence, all day, and I saw God at work right before my eyes.

After months of fruitless attempts to get help, my brother has finally found caring doctors to help him. It meant the world to me to see his new doctor come into his room this afternoon and spend 15-20 minutes with him, caring, warm, compassionate and listening. All I could do was sit there in grateful wonder and thank God for answering those prayers. We may still have a long way to go, but you have no idea how important THIS day and THIS answer to prayer has been for us.

His pancreas is swollen, and they will be doing a "simple" biopsy tomorrow and a more complicated one on Monday. How can I not ask for more prayers, having seen what God has done through your prayers already?! I'm so scared, but knowing you're all here praying is helping me stay strong and positive...and God is reminding me moment by moment that we have put Gary in His care, so to trust Him that He will take good (the best) care of him.

Thank you, thank you with all my heart for being here. It's a true blessing to have your love and support to lean against.

(Maya Angelou)

#82534 - 07/15/06 02:00 AM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
And we're still here, and will still hold y'all in our prayers.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#82535 - 07/15/06 02:24 AM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: yonuh]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle, I have been praying for you all and I thought I posted. I am glad someone finally took notice and decided to do something for your brother.
luv
chick

#82536 - 07/15/06 05:30 AM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: chickadee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
We're walking beside you both. Love JJ

#82537 - 07/15/06 01:31 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm praying for all of you, Eagle. Please keep us posted.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#82538 - 07/15/06 02:09 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: jawjaw]
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
You and your brother will be in my prayers. The pancreas could be related to his diabetes sinc eit is an organ that produces insulin. Thank God he had a doctor who cared enough to delve further, as you said.
Please let us know how he and you are doing.

Lynn

#82539 - 07/15/06 02:29 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Lynn]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Eagle, I'm still holding him up before the Lord.
((HUGS))

Edited by Bluebird (07/15/06 02:30 PM)

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#82540 - 07/15/06 03:46 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: Bluebird]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Eagle, I woke up this morning and you were on my mind...know that I am holding you and Gray in my thoughts and prayers constantly...stay strong my Friend.

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#82541 - 07/17/06 08:02 PM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: AvalonBlondi]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Eagle, How is your brother? Any update? How are you holding up? (((Hug)))

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#82542 - 07/18/06 12:18 AM Re: Please Pray for my Brother [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thank you for asking Nancy. He's not doing very well. And neither am I. He's very weak and it's very frightening to watch him getting weaker. They did a biopsy yesterday and are doing another scope-type test tomorrow. They're looking at a possible diagnosis of Hodgkin's disease.

Me? Very, very scared. He's only 42 years old. I can't bear the thought of losing him. I keep entrusting him to God, but that doesn't take that occasional breathtaking agony of gut-fear away. I just have to hold on until the official diagnosis comes in.

Thank you for holding me/us in your prayers. We still need them...now that he's getting the medical care he so desperately needed, can we pray for a miracle? That this will be something that's relatively easy to fix? Or at least that it's something fixable? God knows...help me to trust Him.

(Maya Angelou)

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved