The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 109 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#82319 - 08/10/06 03:34 PM Re: Danita [Re: Songbird]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Dotsie,

You betcha! I am already trying to decide what flavor of cheesecake I am going to order this time, LOL.

You know, this ought to be an honor to the Golden Girls, they were the first to show that baby boomers had more fun and class than any other age. Made me anxious for the time to come, LOL.

Sorry, didn't mean to hi-jack the thread. But I will add, I wish you can come here too Danita.

Love and Cheers,
Cathi

#82320 - 08/13/06 04:27 PM Re: Danita [Re: Songbird]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi everyone,

I'm looking back and realizing I didn't comment about my "whirlwind" visit with bluebird.

We went to Casa Bonita - you haven't been to denver if you haven't gone there. It was so much fun to spend time with BB, her husband, and her wonderful kids! What a NICE family! We waited in line for at LEAST an hour to get into the restaurant - but it WAS worth the wait - being able to show them a "mexican paradise" with cliff divers and everything!

I can't tell you what being a part of this site has ment - and little by little meeting the boomers. I'm up to 7 (meetings with different boomers)...can anyone top that? LOL (dots and jj, you don't count...sorry!)

Anywho, I have gained MUCH widsom for you all, and continue to thank God for each one of you. Who would of thunk you could find wonderful friends on the computer! LOL

hugs,
danita

p.s I'm giving away two stand-by Alaska Airline tickets this month - go to my website to check it out!

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#82321 - 08/13/06 05:15 PM Re: Danita [Re: Danita]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I met my best friend in NY in an internet chat room, 10 years ago! But he only lived 15 miles away...
Denver is not that far and I'm sure I will have many more airport trips in my future, so I know Danita and I will get together again. I'm still planning on meeting Lynnie, too. And within the next couple of years, I will get up to WA so I'll be able to cruise around in Lynne's convertible.
Next east coast trip, I plan on seeing Dotsie and Avalon and if I can head south, I will be laughing it up with JJ.
We may be taking the family to CA for Christmas (in lieu of gifts, isn't that cool??? No shopping!) so I will stop on the way to meet Chatty.

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#82322 - 08/19/06 02:57 PM Re: Danita [Re: Bluebird]
Danita Offline

Hi everyone,

Please add my daughter to the list of people
to pray for - she has left home to go live in the mountains with her boyfriend. She is only 17. Apparently this is how she plans on dealing with what is going on in our lives...I am heartbroken.

Here is a poem that I gave her when she broke up with her first love...and now, I find, I can relate to it also:

After a while
you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand
and chaining a soul.

And you learn
that love doesn’t mean leaning
and company doesn’t mean security.

And you begin to learn
that kisses aren’t contracts
And presents aren’t promises.

And you begin
to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open,
with the grace of an adult, not the grief of a child.

And you learn
to build all your roads on today
because tomorrow’s ground is too uncertain for plans.

After a while
you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much.
So plant your own garden and decorate your own soul,
instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.

And you learn
that you really can endure...
that you really are strong,
and you really do have worth.

#82323 - 08/19/06 03:26 PM Re: Danita [Re: Danita]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
That poem is lovely Danita.
I will pray for your daughter's safety and happiness.
All the best wishes are being sent your way!

#82324 - 08/19/06 03:43 PM Re: Danita [Re: TVC15]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh Danita,
Prayers are being sent for all concerned. I can only imagine your heartbreak. I do understand all too well though. My own sons played out the trauma of a divorce in many ways. Hold to your faith. It will sustain you.

JJ

#82325 - 08/20/06 01:51 PM Re: Danita [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Danita, don't laugh at the questin, but does she have a cell phone with her? I know you'll have some peace of mind if you can at least speak with her. How is your son handling this? He's younger than your daughter, right?

I am praying for your broken heart to heal knowing that she will more than likely return home safely before too very long.

I will pray for her too!

#82326 - 08/20/06 03:41 PM Re: Danita
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Danita, your poem is touching. I have you in my prayers every day and I will include your daughter and son. You are precious to us here. Keep us up to date when you can.

Blue, you will get to meet Ms C, the hilight of Vegas. How cool.

luv,
chick

Edited by chickadee (08/20/06 03:44 PM)

#82327 - 08/20/06 03:58 PM Re: Danita [Re: chickadee]
Danita Offline

Thanks everyone for the prayers - I knew I could count on you!

I am at a place of total surrender for my life - in all areas - and I'm just sure this is where God wants me to be...it's that old saying "I don't know what my future holds, but I KNOW who holds my future". I truely am resting in that.

Dots, believe it or not - I had just gotten my own cell phone and one for her - so she DOES have a phone. And I was thinking the same thing - at least I can get ahold of her. I'm worried about her getting into drugs and/or alcohol - so please cover her in prayer against that. We've talked, she sounds good.

I guess (as selfish as this might sound) Becuz she is so strong and mature in some ways - I hadn't REALLY considered how this whole mess would effect her emotionally. Duh. I was just heartbroken when my father left my family when I was 12.

Last night on the way home from work I had a good cry, praying for my family. I can't tell you how much I grieve the loss of what I believed to be a gift from God. I am going forward with expectations of great blessings, but mourn what I'm moving on from.

I know God could still do a miracle...but my eyes are on HIM, and what he has for me...HE has to deal with HIM. LOL

It is all good.

So anywho, another day....

hugs to all you amazing sisters!
danita

#82328 - 08/20/06 04:08 PM Re: Danita [Re: Danita]
Danita Offline

p.s. I didn't write tht poem - someone emailed it to me...I find it so precious!

danita

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved