The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#82211 - 07/10/06 10:19 PM Designer Dogs
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Just wondering if anyone has one of those mixed breed dogs that are becoming very fashionable here in New Zealand, several people are setting themselves up as breeders to make heaps of money.

I myself have a little Maltese X, but I got him before all this flood of designer dogs.

I hate to think of any puppy farms out there!!

#82212 - 07/10/06 11:27 PM Re: Designer Dogs [Re: flossie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm not sure I understand what it is Flossie...but are you saying that breed certain kinds of dogs just to make a buck regardless of the breed and what it does to the animal? Puppy mills? I hope not...Oh I hate that!

JJ

#82213 - 07/11/06 02:23 PM Re: Designer Dogs [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Are you talking about dogs like the Labordoodles? Poodle and Lab mix?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#82214 - 07/11/06 08:32 PM Re: Designer Dogs [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We have a cockapoo. She's part cocker spaniel and part poodle. But it's not because we wanted a designer dog. We just fell in love with the breed because they are hypo-allergetic. Hubby and one son are allergic to cats, dogs and horses, but not cockapoos. How cool is that?

#82215 - 07/11/06 10:16 PM Re: Designer Dogs
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
There is a host of these mixed breeds now and they have become so popular that people here think they can make some money....and yes JJ puppy mills are operating because of the of the need for these puppies.

Hybrid dogs can have alot of health problems too.

Check this site for the 100s of different crosses. Must admit though.....they are cute!

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/hybriddogs.htm

I seem to have a Mal-Shi.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved