The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 121 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#82186 - 07/10/06 02:07 PM Billy Graham Festival
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yesterday Ross and I, along with 35,000 others, attended the Billy Graham Festival that was held at Oriole Park. The last time he was here was 1981. At that time I was wandering lost without many thoughts of faith.

I went out of curiosity and was also hoping for a spiritual renewal. I'm always willing to delve deeper, learn more, feel closer, etc.

It was lovely!

We listened to several testimonies on the big screen that were given by local men and women. My favorite was Ben Carson's, the brain surgeon from Hopkins. I've read all his books and was happy to see they chose his story. He gave his life to Christ after stabbing someone. By the grace of God, he hit the guys belt buckle and was spared the tragedy that could have unfolded. His mother was a faithful women raising two boys in the ghetto. After the incident, he went home and began reading the Bible his mom always had in the bathroom. He read Proverbs for three hours and chose to follow Christ. You might want to check out his books at Amazon. They are quick reads that will inspire the heck out of you!

There was lots of music, but my favorite part that brought me to tears was when Newsboys took the stage and all the teens stood and sang and danced along with the band. Witnessing youth who follow Christ moves me tremendously because I know how hard it is to follow Him as an adult.

When the sang:

It's all God's children
Singing glory, glory
Allelelia, He reigns

I had to wipe away the tears.

Evangelism is something that isn't done the Billy Graham way when you are a Presbyterian. I tend to be a little reserved when sharing my faith, but I have to tell you...I was moved tremendously when I listened to him speak, then saw thousands of people going forward to commit to Christ.

Can you imagine the work Billy Graham has done for Christ during his earthly visit. It's mind boggling...isn't it? One man, that's all.

So I came away thinking more seriously about what God is calling me to do... It was well worth it!

#82187 - 07/10/06 05:49 PM Re: Billy Graham Festival
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
How exciting Dotsie! It must have been a wonderful experience. I've watched him on TV many times. I think Billy Graham is the only TV Evangelist that is "real". I think I heard that he was not going to do anymore crusades before long because he was getting on in years and his health wasn't as good as it could be. He is such an inspiration and speaks from the heart.

#82188 - 07/11/06 08:38 PM Re: Billy Graham Festival [Re: Cookie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Our local paper mentioned that it may have been his last festival. He walks with a walker and his wife is housebound. I don't blame him for not traveling any more. He's done more than his share and I imagine Franklin will take over where he left off.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved