The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 94 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#82101 - 04/12/07 10:21 AM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: Madalyn]
Mountain Ash Offline

I used the Myss site for a while and was befriended by another woman who had become a good friend.
There were issues between posters (male dominated) at that time.I enjoyed Myss but there was a veiled threat when another posted about me.No senior Moderator helped in fact talked about the males who to quote had "Issues around their sexuality " I stopped my posting feeling if this Moderator could speak about them then she could do the same to me.
I think Dotsie oes a wonderful job....she has skills and manners.
My friend from Myss dirested me here. Thank you Janice.
Long may he good ethos live here.
Mountain ash

#82102 - 04/12/07 12:51 PM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I can't remember how I found myself here but glad it happened.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#82103 - 04/12/07 02:44 PM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: Dianne]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I received an invitation from Dotsie to write a Boomer Story after an article of mine was published in the NAWW newsletter.

When she started this forum, I received another invitation from her to come and check it out. I have to admit it took me a little while to come here because I had never been involved with any forums before and wasn't even sure what it was all about.

On my first visit here I was greeted by so many of the wonderful women, including JJ and Pam Kimmell that I felt comfortable immediately and I've been visiting almost every day since!

#82104 - 04/12/07 05:11 PM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: TVC15]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Madalyn,

Welcome...tell us more about yourself!

I got here by following a 'thread' to someone's web site and saw that she was a NABBW member...that got me here...it took a lot of crooks and turns...but that's essentially it...

#82105 - 04/12/07 06:44 PM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I was looking around for a site where authors chat. I beelined to the writers forums and decided to register because I wanted to ask established authors what they thought of my book title. I think my first post was … "This is a test." Now how exciting is that?

Little was I aware that this is a Women's Boomer site. What a wonderful surprise it was when I discovered the other forums. Okay, now I can tell you I'm sixteen years old and male. Ha ha…that was a joke! I swear…It was supposed to be a funny. No Dotsie…don't kick me out! Ask Lola, … we talked on the phone!

#82106 - 04/12/07 07:06 PM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: Edelweiss]
Madalyn Offline

Hi Girls~~I'm looking forward to reading thru the topics. Lots of variety on here. It will take me a very long time to catch up, but already I can see you girls are great! I'm 53, 2 grown children, a 10 month old grandbaby and I live in West Virginia. Thanks for making me feel Welcome. I plan to check in everyday!

Madalyn

#82107 - 04/12/07 09:51 PM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: Madalyn]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
I ventured from Denver Colorado to the rural town of Chanute Kansas, to participate in a biz expo put on by the infamous "Sher" (mentioned in the first post)...we instantly clicked, and she told me about BWS.

I came, I looked, I too stayed.

I then had the HONOR to meet Dotsie in Maryland that summer..the rest is history...I've been in love ever since!

:0)

danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#82108 - 04/13/07 06:38 AM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: Danita]
chickadee Offline

I was reading the Times Daily (Alabama Newspaper) online and came across one Georgia Richardson who was writing for Women of the Shoals(am I right JJ). I went to her website and found the link to here. I lurked for a few days and when I was comfortable, I logged on. It was my first and still only forum. Like TVC, I was welcomed warmly by JJ, Pam, Dotsie and others. I'll never forget it.

Madalyn, you will enjoy this site as much as we do. It is really a great place to unwind, laugh, cry, share and be silly, sometimes all in the same day. Passing a warm welcome on to you.

#82109 - 04/13/07 12:03 PM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: chickadee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Madalyn! Girl, you snuck in under the wire. I didn't see you there. WELCOME! We're so happy you've joined us. Kick off your shoes, get some java or your drink of choice, and join in the fun.

Ever heard of Morgantown?

#82110 - 04/13/07 05:31 PM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: jawjaw]
Madalyn Offline

Hi jawjaw~~ Do they call you JJ on here? I've been to Morgantown one time. It's a nice town. Have you been there? West Virginia University in Morgantown is where lots of kids from this area go to school. I've been to Talladega Alabama for the Big Race. I really liked Alabama! Thanks for the Welcome. I'm enjoying getting to know you girls.

Madalyn

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved