The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#82091 - 07/09/06 03:19 PM How did you find yourself here?
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Hi all,

I am curious to know how you all found yourselves here?

I will tell you how I found this site. I was posting on another forum and the owner had told us about this site. This was Sher at momandhermoney.com. She had said that she was gone for awhile and had been posting here and to quote her, "I've never seen anything like this."

Of course, nosey me, I just had to look and voila, here I am! This is the best community to be at with plenty of inspiration to go around.

I love you all alot!

Cheers
Cathi

#82092 - 07/09/06 03:33 PM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: Wisdom&Life]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
My journey here was a little convoluted. I was researching marketing techniques for my business and came across a site about marketing to baby boomers. From there I followed a few links (don't remember which ones, but that's my MO - start looking up something and get very sidetracked) and before I knew it here I am. And very glad to be here.

You are a great group so full of love and hope and encouragement and support and advice. That's what girlfriends should be. I am thankful every day for this site.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#82093 - 07/09/06 08:01 PM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: yonuh]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I was very lost, broken and desperately lonely. I had never been involved in any online groups before, but out of desperation I posted in a psych forum that I found by simply Googling "HELP ME". I was fortunate enough that one woman from another forum befriended me, invited me to her forum, where I found a safe and supportive community. But it was very slow-paced, too controversial for me at times, and after a while, I began to "spread my wings" to see if there might be other support groups out there in cyberland.

Then Sigrid MacDonald, someone I met here in Ottawa via a mutual friend, and a member of this community, included the link to BWS in one of her emails to me. I came, I read, I wept, I spilled my lonely story, and the rest, well, the rest is nothing short of a living miracle. There isn't enough space to share here what an AMAZING, life-changing place these women and forums have been for me.

So ultimately, because of my spirituality, I have to believe that it was a God-who-loves-me-more-than-I-could-possibly-imagine who was the One to lead this broken, lost, lonely me to this place!

(Maya Angelou)

#82094 - 07/09/06 08:55 PM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I had a major surgery in May and was a member of an online group which related to my procedure. One of the women in the group suggested BWS for the over 50's who were seeking to enhance friendships which have arisen out of the medical circumstances we have found ourselves in. So, here I am celebrating the discovery of a fantastic group of women where the dynamics allow one to share at temporal and spiritual levels. For the latter, I am both connected and grateful for kindred spirits.

#82095 - 07/10/06 03:45 PM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I was a member of another site and this one was recommended to me. I came, I saw, I never left. When it ain't broke....

JJ

#82096 - 07/10/06 04:15 PM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: jawjaw]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I read about Dotsie's website in the AARP magazine...I peeked in to have a looksee and have never left...it's my second home and I have met some true friends in these forums...Thank God for our Dotsie and her amazing ideas...:)

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#82097 - 07/11/06 01:01 AM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Pam R. Offline

I belong to the Womenheart.org website (which is also good for those of us that have heart disease), and guess what? I saw a post from "Yepthatsme" recommending BWS. And here I am! Thanks Yepthatsme!

#82098 - 07/28/06 12:56 AM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: Pam R.]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I can't for the life of me remember but I know it was the best day of my life and I have never looked back. I was Moderator of two different sites and dropped them both to spend more time in here as a simple Boomer gal. This place is home and you are all family to me....so however I found it, I'm glad I did.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#82099 - 07/28/06 04:05 AM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: chatty lady]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Well, I found myself here when I was reading a story that Dotsie had was interviewed for our local paper in town and I thought well I am a baby boomer and and maybe I will give this a try , well here I am today and it has been about two years . I found myself here and loving it and have meet Dotsie and had lunch with her and made a lot of wonderful friends who have giving me kind loving advise when I needed it so much and support .

Thank you all for being here for me .

Edited by Renee (07/28/06 04:07 AM)

#82100 - 04/12/07 09:57 AM Re: How did you find yourself here? [Re: Sadie]
Madalyn Offline

I had been on another forum for 6 years. Yesterday I started looking for something new. Typed in Womens forums and here I am. Theres so many topics! I needed something different, with more uplifting topics. I'm so excited to start reading everything and getting to know you ladies.

Madalyn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved