The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 168 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#8178 - 03/27/03 07:48 PM mid-life changes?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have received a few stories about women changing jobs mid-life. These women are finding jobs that better suit their wants, desires, needs, personality, gifts, strengths, etc. [Wink]

Just wondering if there are women in the forum who are considering changes, or have recently changed jobs and found the perfect match with something they are passionate about... [Wink]

If not...why not? Do we like what we do all day?

#8179 - 04/11/03 05:40 PM Re: mid-life changes?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hey Dotsie, I went through a mid-life change in 1998. I had a wake up call by having a thyroiditis attack. I ended up on 6 months of bed rest. It gave me a lot of time to think. I quit my job and opened up my own consulting firm. From there I picked my own projects and worked only offsite as much as I could. Then, a couple years after that, around 2000, I decided I wanted to retire completely and write full time. My husband and I made a plan to do that and we succeeded. My first book was published in Nov 2001, the second in March 2002, and now my third will be published this year. I have outlines for 6 more books. My plan is to write 1 book a year. My publisher thinks it's a great plan too! :-)

My best advice is if you're serious about making a change, have a plan. Go about it with your goal set firmly in your mind and don't let anything stop you. Take your time and do it right so that you can have a higher chance of success.

#8180 - 04/12/03 05:19 AM Re: mid-life changes?
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
Wow! This topic is a big one for me! I'll have to take some time to think about all the changes in my life, as it seems to be a constant evolution. I'll tackle this subject tomorrow. Its too close to bedtime right now, and I've had only 9 hours of sleep in the past 72 hours, so my eyelids weigh about a ton! As Schwarzenegger would say, "I'll be back!"

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved