The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#8167 - 03/04/03 04:34 PM Dating in the workplace
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay, I am old-fashioned or just out of it? Last I heard you really weren't supposed to date someone in the workplace and if you did you kept it hush-hush. [Eek!]

According to a poll in March 4, 2003 USA TODAY paper:
Is dating in the workplace acceptable?
50% said no and
44.7% said yes.

Forgive me if you will, but do you think this is part of the reason for the high divorce rate? People work with the opposite sex and actually give and get more attention than they do at home from their spouses.

This is one of the reasons I love to do nice things for my husband. I figure if I don't keep him happy, there are plenty of women out there who could try. [Wink] Any thoughts?

#8168 - 03/05/03 04:54 PM Re: Dating in the workplace
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
I think that dating in the workplace can complicate issues for both the couple involved and for other co-workers. The couple can become so wrapped up in each other that they are unable to concentrate on their work, creating resentment from co-workers. Or, when there is conflict in the couple's relationship, they can demand that other co-workers "take sides" which is also detrimental to healthy work relationships. While there are some relationships that manage quite well in the workplace, in general, I would not recommend it.

#8169 - 03/09/03 01:37 AM Re: Dating in the workplace
nillawafer Offline

Loc: new orleans
dating in the workplace should not happen for many reasons. the worst is dating amongst individuals of different ranks in the workplace. there are ethics issues involved for one. nowadays, the legal implications are crazy and any higher ranking employee is insane and does not have the company's better interest at heart because of the sexual harassment laws that can enter into the picture. the morale of other co-workers is also affected. the best solution is to work opposite shifts or if possible different locations if it is a franchised or chain business or office. the whole "quid pro quo" or "this for that" can be thrown in the face of a company so fast when any upper-management dates any sub-ordinate.. dang... can you tell i am against this practice or what?!?!?

[ March 08, 2003, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: nillawafer ]

#8170 - 03/12/03 04:52 AM Re: Dating in the workplace
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I couldn't help but think of who I would date at my job. I laughed when I thought of the eligible candidates. One is our computer guy (enough said), who feeds the squirles outside of our office. The other is someone who I believe is a closeted homesexual. There are two studly younger guys who work in shipping. Anybody looking for someone?

[ March 11, 2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Candice Johnson ]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved