The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 186 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#81599 - 04/03/06 09:58 PM Etiquette Question
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
What is the proper way to acknowledge a wedding anniversary after losing a spouse? Tomorrow would have been my SIL 25th wedding anniversary - she lost her husband in October. My MIL suggested that we tak her out to dinner - I think that is totally inappropriate. I think it would be OK for MIL to ask if SIL would like to go for a quiet dinner (just the 2 of them) but not include the extended family.

Your advice will help a lot. I certainly want SIL to know that we are thinking of her - but don't want to do the wrong thing.

#81600 - 04/03/06 11:12 PM Re: Etiquette Question
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I don't know the answer, but what if you asked her if she'd like some company tomorrow, leaving it open-ended. If she's agreeable, maybe you could ask her if she'd like to come to your house, meet for dinner, or whatever she wants to do. She may want to be alone.

#81601 - 04/04/06 01:20 AM Re: Etiquette Question
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I would be afraid a dinner with the SIL and MIL wouldc turn somber where maybe the three of you would be better. I would definitely ask her first how she would feel about having dinner out with the family? In this instance what would probably occur if anything would be pleasant memories being mentioned of the past which if anything is cleansing to the soul.

#81602 - 04/05/06 01:32 AM Re: Etiquette Question
ChristinaR Offline

Loc: Kentucky
I don't know what you all decided to do , but people react differently to these special dates especially so early. I agree that the best thing would have been to leave it up to her. She may well have wanted to just be alone. That way if we feel like crying then we cry.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved