The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#81573 - 04/18/06 04:56 AM Re: Who are we?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'd love to meet beautiful people with perfect children. I don't know any of them.

Good attitude chatty!

#81574 - 04/21/06 04:57 AM Re: Who are we?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Me neither Dotsie, I only know regular people like me who all seem to have one problem or another to deal with. Some are just better at hiding the truth and pretending their lives are perfect. Whats with that anyway?

#81575 - 04/21/06 08:20 PM Re: Who are we?
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Fear.
There is this kind of wierd thought process that if someone makes everyone believe they are perfect, then no one will ever know the truth -- that they are human just like the rest of us. They are usually people who try to control what goes on around them with an iron grip. So sad....

#81576 - 04/22/06 06:37 PM Re: Who are we?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I also think we probably don't know people well enough when we think they're perfect. We judge from a distance. Like the book title says, "Everybody's Perfect Until We Get to Know Them."

#81577 - 04/24/06 12:34 AM Re: Who are we?
ChristinaR Offline

Loc: Kentucky
quote:
Originally posted by copygal:
[QB] Good Morning Ladies,
For me it is definitely the hugs and kisses I miss. My husband was a very loving man, very demonstrative with me. Shortly after he died, it hit me that he would never put his arms around me, give me that grin and kiss me, ever again.

I think this is the worst part. Longing just to feel the warmth of a hug or to feel their hand holding yours. And to share that 'special" glance across a room with a lot of people in it.

It's the little things.

#81578 - 04/24/06 12:39 AM Re: Who are we?
ChristinaR Offline

quote:
Originally posted by chatty lady:
It seems I meet right in church, the most people who display the least Christian tendencies.

Yes, Me too. I was really counting on the people at my church to be there for me after my husband died. But they were not there at all. The women hardly spoke to me. And the men actually turned their heads when I came near. I definitely think it was the old story of the wives thinking that the widow was out to take their husbands away from them. And if they saw their husbands speaking to me then the men got chewed out at home. I looked at these people and I read what it said in the Bible about how a church body was supposed to treat widows and I said to myself "These people are NOT Christinas in their hearts."

#81579 - 04/24/06 03:15 AM Re: Who are we?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Sorry that you apparently got the same treatment I got. I have to agree with you 150% about it being the little things we widows miss. When married it was those little things that thrilled me and made me feel so special. Death ended all that for me too.

#81580 - 04/24/06 06:21 AM Re: Who are we?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I am not a widow, but as a single woman I have experienced this blacklisting by married people, especially women. The woman I considered my best friend never invited me to any dinner parties after I got divorced. She was willing to go shopping or have lunch, but that was it.

I don't understand how people can be so mean and selfish.

Daisygirl

Daisygirl

#81581 - 04/28/06 01:19 AM Re: Who are we?
ChristinaR Offline

Daisy, I don't understand it either. I sure got a quick lesson in human nature after my husband died. For one reason or another most people treated me like I had leprosy. I was shocked. I knew that years ago the old stereotype was that once a woman had experienced sex she simply could not be expected to go without it. So as soon as her husband died she was going to be trying to steal everyone else's. But this is the new Millenium! I thought surely those old stereotypes were long dead. Boy, was I wrong. I am sorry to hear that you received the same treatment.

#81582 - 04/28/06 04:50 AM Re: Who are we?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

We are all blacklisted as such once we become a widow or a divorcee (shush bad word!!!) ChristinaR I never thought of the reason you've stated above, that we are suppose to be sex starved. But now that I think about it what else could it be, we are still the same people they use to invite to everything. I will admit however that some of the husbands do behave differently towards me...In an old black and white movie they'd be twiddling there moustache as they leered at me. Maybe they think I need something too...YUK, perish the thought.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved