The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#8156 - 01/30/03 05:03 PM Re: Starting Over
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
I think the Knitting should have an ETC. added on. I love knitting and crocheting.Crocheting has the advantage of going a bit quicker,versatile to the point when as a passenger on a long car trip one can enjoy the scenery and still not drop a stitch. How about putting it under "stress relief"?
Actually I taught my class of 7th graders,yes,boys and girls, to crochet.We made squares and I sewed them into a quilt for the homeless.The first 2 weeks were hectic but after that it was so incredible to look up from my desk and see the kids talking and crocheting during homeroom.
Because of the time factor I just haven't been able to repeat this,but the possibility of having a class offered after school or at recess-for a fee- might be a way to revenue and a feeling that you made a difference.

#8157 - 01/31/03 07:17 PM Re: Starting Over
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I love my minds picture of the boys and girls knitting in homeroom, how beautiful.

What a fun thing to teach the kids at that age!

#8158 - 02/07/03 07:09 PM Re: Starting Over
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
Recently, I was crocheting on an afghan I am making for myself, when my grandchildren saw what I was doing and asked if I would "sew" them a blanket. I promised to crochet an afghan for each grandchild. So far I have done 2 of the 5 needed and am working on the third. The kids also wanted to learn how to "sew". So I taught the two older children how to do the chain stitch and once they become proficient at that, I will teach them single crochet. They are so excited at being able to make a chain from a hook and skein of yarn. It is good exercise for their brains and fingers and keeps them occupied for a few minutes while they rest from other more strenuous play. They learn hand/eye coordination and self confidence. And its fun for grandma, too. I don't crochet complicated items, just simple afghans, pillows, and scarves. I know how to do the more complicated items, but like being able to just crochet without counting stitches. I highly recommend it as a stress reliever.
As far as how to catalog it as a forum, I think Arts/Crafts should be an entirely separate forum. Some of us use it for recreation, some of us sell our work, and all of us, I believe, enjoy doing it.
[Cool]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved