The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#81506 - 06/10/06 07:47 AM Re: getting closer
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Trust me on this one Dotsie...with your daughter attending college close to home you're going to have more visits and calls than you can possibly imagine...I became the "generic MOM" for all of the out of town kids ...it's still going on with my youngest who goes to college in Philadelphia...less than 30 minutes from home...it's a new stage...but a fun new stage...you'll love it!!! [Smile]

#81507 - 06/10/06 05:28 AM Re: getting closer
downdog Offline

Loc: kansas
I like the childcare/nursing home idea too!

Been unable to function most of the week as my youngest left for Air Natl Guard boot camp Wednesday and technically won't be home until April 2007. We will get to see her end of July for graduation and a couple weeks at Christmas (I hope). As I am learning there are no guarantees with the Military. I'm definetly soaking up all the advice on how to handle this. Praying is a big part, atttitude adjustment. My husband keeps reminding me that this is an exciting adventure for our daughter and I should view it that way. I'm not necessarily worried about her she can handle it and she knows what she's getting into. But we have a great relationship and bottom line is I really miss her. Need to start picking up the service projects and focus on people other than "poor me".

#81508 - 06/10/06 12:04 PM Re: getting closer
DebShines Offline

Loc: Brisbane Australia
Yes, I think I might be onto a marketable idea with the Childcare/nursing home idea!! Might make a fortune yet!! My daughter is 15, nearly 16 and madly in love with a 16 year old, who seems OK. They have planned to move to England, they think that Australia is too hot, especially Brisbane. They want to open a Goth shop, so my daughter is going to do a Business Degree and she has 'bullied' her boyfriend into going back to finish High school so he can go on to Uni and get a computer degree. She also asked Me and her dad how much they would need to save up before they could leave home and move to England, we said about $30,000 so they are both knuckling down and studying and working partime to save up to leave. Oh well, 15 and 16 is still young so they may end up living in Brisbane and not leaving for England anyway. But I love our shopping expeditions and we share clothes, she does my eyemakeup for me when I go out as I cant see to do it as well as I used to, she is also into doing hair, so she straightens my hair as well - I will so miss her company. We have three boys, 14, 18 and 20 (nearly) and I will also miss them but shopping is not the same with the boys and they definately do not show any interest in eye makeup or hair styles!!
Downdog, good luck for your darling daughter. They need to follow their dreams, and we need to learn exactly what you said, to focus on other projects and let our babies fly free.
If I was not on the other side of the world, we could all get together and get that nursing home/childcare center off and running, I think with all our combined talents it would be one hell of a place!!

#81509 - 06/11/06 05:58 AM Re: getting closer
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Downgog adding your daughter to our Churchs prayer wheel indefinitely.....

Thank goodness they don't DebShines,LOL [Big Grin] [Wink]

#81510 - 06/12/06 06:45 PM Re: getting closer
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
downdog, I bet you miss her. Are you able to stay in touch online or by cell? I agree you should pick up on new projects. A busy mind tends to help.

Blondi, that's so funny. My daughter will also be about a half hour from home. The two boys will be miles away in South Carolina and Florida. Does your daughter bring her friends over for occasional meals? Is your nest empty during the school year?

Deb, your daughter sounds so motivated. I bet her boyfriend's parents just love her.

#81511 - 06/12/06 10:37 PM Re: getting closer
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Downdog, you must be so proud of your daughter!!
She sounds great...I know how you are feeling though...my oldest daughter is married to a Naval Officer and they are stationed in Washington state...thousands of miles from me...i miss being able to see her every day...is there a chance your daughter might get stationed somewhere near you after Bootcamp?

Debshines..your daughter sounds very ambitious and is such a go getter...hopefuly she will change her mind about leaving Australia...but even if she does go to England...chances are she will find that "there's no place like home" and return to you...

Dotsie, yes..my daughter brings her friends home for dinner at least once a week...unless I am down at the beach...then she brings them to the beach for the whole weekend!!! But it's been so much fun for me...this is her final year in college..and I want to savor every last minute of it...I can't believe how fast my kids grew up...now I wish I would have had a few more... [Frown]

#81512 - 06/18/06 05:47 AM Re: getting closer
DebShines Offline

Loc: Brisbane Australia
Hey Dotsie - you are right, my daughter's boyfriends parents think she is wonderful. And yes, if my unmotivated son had a girlfriend that actually bought out the good in him, I would think the world of her too. Thanks Dotsie.
I'm with AvalonBlondi, if it had been purely my choice (which of course it isn't) I would have had kids until menopause!! But then, the car situation might have been an issue, and the whole economics of that would have been impossible, so my four will do me just fine, and I am waiting to help out with the Grandchildren, I think grandchildren must be the ultimate 'having your cake and eating it too' because you can enjoy them and then hand them back!!!!!

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved