The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#81401 - 03/15/06 08:00 AM two away
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This week is giving me a peek at next year.

Our daughter is away for the week so we have only our youngest at home. It's very quiet. The phone is ringing less and the girls aren't in and out.

I can't imagine how still this place will be with all of them gone next year.

#81402 - 03/14/06 09:24 PM Re: two away
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I used to sometimes think the quiet was spooky. Now I love it. We were actually able to remove an extra phone line after my kids both left for college.

#81403 - 03/20/06 06:15 PM Re: two away
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Jackie, my daughter was away last week and there were no calls form her boyfriend. She has a special ring toneon our phone for when he calls. Many times the phone rang and I thought I heard that tone. It was crazy. You must understand he often calls the house ten times a day. No lie. Ross and I look at caller ID and shake our heads.

#81404 - 03/20/06 06:36 PM Re: two away
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Isn't it interesting how we adapt to our changing environment?

I've used the "quietness" of my days to write and expand my ministry. I still miss my sons, but I keep busy as always, maybe more than ever! And I thought I'd be slowing down a bit, yeah right [Big Grin] !

#81405 - 03/22/06 07:27 AM Re: two away
downdog Offline

Loc: kansas
My two girls are 18 and 21, both about to go do their own thing. The youngest before the oldest! She leaves in June for boot camp for the Air Natl Guard. I hear it's not just their presence thats missed but like you said the quietness and lack of "busy-ness" that will seem odd. I'm trying to mentally prepare for the change.

#81406 - 03/24/06 03:06 AM Re: two away
Tami Offline

Loc: Kansas
It's really hard adjusting to not having kids around. I've replaced all the activity my two daughters generated with four 4-legged kids. I love the company they provide, but most of the time I long for the piles of laundry, ringing phone and the constant chit-chat of having the girls home. On the upside, my husband and I have tons of time to do the things we want to do, like taking day trips, playing golf and being able to have a lengthy conversation without interruption!

#81407 - 03/24/06 03:59 AM Re: two away
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I'm not sure if it's harder, when the first one leaves home. My oldest is in college, second one is out, third one still home, but hardly, cause he studies and works. At least for now he comes home for lunch and supper.

I'm not sure if I can say I was "getting ready" in my mind for this. Boys usually are not home as much as girls.
But I still miss them and long to see them and be able to help, etc.

I just try not to let it get me down.

#81408 - 03/24/06 06:09 AM Re: two away
downdog Offline

Loc: kansas
I agree, I got a lab last July (I've probably mentioned him to many times already, in the pets section!) and sometimes I think my girls think I like him better than them (sometimes I do! ha ha!) I'm going to try to keep busy and keep friends and new interests going. Maybe I'll learn to enjoy it a little.

#81409 - 03/25/06 03:05 AM Re: two away
Tami Offline

Loc: Kansas
Downdog - don't you pay any mind to your girls thinking you like your Lab more than them. That big puppy is going to be there for you when your girls get too busy in their own lives and should appreciate the company he/she is providing you. I couldn't survive a day without my precious pups and I talk to both of my girls several times a week on the phone.

BTW - I'll go read the Pets board to find out what sex and it's name.

Are you into Yoga? Your name is the reason I'm asking.

#81410 - 03/26/06 09:33 PM Re: two away
Dotsie Offline
Founder

She's either into yoga or is trying to train her new baby. [Big Grin]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved