The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#81368 - 08/04/06 06:38 PM Re: Downsizing...
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
It's like another room to us. We just about live out there in the summer months. It's about 12 feet from the sliders to the railing and about 20 something feet wide. Just the first floor of one building out of the three in the complex has patios like ours. The others have small balconies.

Louisa

#81369 - 08/05/06 09:31 AM Re: Downsizing... [Re: Louisa]
DebShines Offline

Loc: Brisbane Australia
A condo (we would call it an apartment) high up in the city is my dream for when it is just the two of us again. A big patio (we would call it a balcony in a highrise) would be ideal and I would also fill it with flowers. I would spend my days strolling the botanic gardens, walking along the river, sipping coffee and watching the people go by...and of course minding grandchildren whenever possible. Actually in my retirement I might even mind other peoples children to help me stay vibrant and in touch with the real truth of life!!!

#81370 - 08/05/06 01:00 PM Re: Downsizing... [Re: DebShines]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
We're on the top floor of a highrise. What I find funny is how the building is it's own little community...like Peyton Place. There is a couple on the 9th floor that complain about EVERYTHING. "A dog peed on a rock out back." That kind of stuff and they talk terrible to the property manager, like they sign her paycheck. I'm always fascinated to hear what their latest complaint is because it's become funny more than anything. Sad, that people are that miserable but funny to hear how they've looked for things that might be wrong. My hub says it's people like them that keep buildings like this cleaner but, the poor property manager. She's so sweet and just bites her tongue.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#81371 - 08/05/06 02:44 PM Re: Downsizing... [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hey Ms Di...maybe you could start a condo newsletter?

JJ

#81372 - 08/05/06 07:26 PM Re: Downsizing... [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

Actually, in condominiums/high rise or not, the Board of Trustees hires the property manager or management company and it is paid for by the residents/owners who pay condo fees. But, I know what you mean. Some people have no life and they concern themselves with the most unimportant things. This is part of what I don't like about living in a complex.

I just realized Diane, that you are in Australia. I was wondering about the condo/aprtment thing. We call ours balconies too, but because we have 7 oversized decks on the first floor of one of our buildings, I call it a patio.

I don't think I would like to be on the top floor of a high rise. I don't even like the 7th floor of this building.

Louisa

#81373 - 08/05/06 10:53 PM Re: Downsizing... [Re: Louisa]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dianne is NOT in Australia, she is in Minnesota...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#81374 - 08/06/06 01:46 AM Re: Downsizing... [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

SAME THING...foreign country.

#81375 - 08/06/06 02:02 PM Re: Downsizing... [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

Sorry, I was answering two posts at once and got mixed up. I meant DebShines about Australia and Dianne about the Peyton Place thing.

Louisa

#81376 - 08/08/06 01:49 PM Re: Downsizing... [Re: Louisa]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You're right, JJ. LOL!

Louisa, we don't have balconies or patios and if we did, I wouldn't go out on it. I don't like high places. One entire wall is all glass, which offers a beautiful view. It's great when we have a thunder storm with lightening streaking across the sky.

A condo newsletter? I don't think so! The couple on the 9th floor have even told the property manager how to arrange the furniture in her office and if she doesn't want to do it, they will do it themselves! It's that bad. Plus, there is a wall ashtray in the covered parking and the female half of this couple claimed it made her car smell like cigarettes and demanded they take it down. They did and it had never been used. Just looking for things, you know? I think it's funny but then, I'm not the property manager either.

All pet owners now have to use the freight elevator when going downstairs. I don't mind except...it was a demand made by this couple. Who is running this place anyway? I can understand allergies, etc. but this is getting out of control.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#81377 - 08/08/06 02:14 PM Re: Downsizing... [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Well...........do a newsletter about the couple! I bet everybody in the condo place would pay to read it. You won't even have to make things up either because they are so demanding and ignorant, they give you all the fodder you need! Am I right?

JJ

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved