The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#81301 - 01/28/06 10:46 AM Re: preparing for...
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
Dotsie, we farm row crops such as wheat, barley, soybeans etc. and beef cattle. We had a dairy herd until about 2 years ago. I had no trouble saying goodbye to them although dh milked one last cow for about 6 months after the rest were gone. Now he can't figure out when he had time to milk!

Our oldest son farms with us, building his own acres and hoping to add numbers to his beef herd. He also owns a semi that he hires out with. Our younger son has decided that his passion is also in trucking and is in big demand with truck owners in the area (these farm boys learn early how to drive a truck). He plans to run his own truck asap, too.

Yes, I am very blessed with these 2 wonderful young men. We live near a river and sometimes in the summer, I will go down there and just sit and watch the water flow by - it calms me. One evening when we had all been working a field on the other side of the river valley, I stopped there on my way home to sit a while. After dark, the boys were on their way home and after they both drove by me, they both stopped, backed up to where I was parked and pulled in on either side of me just to see that I was okay. I felt so protected and loved!

We have all had many demons to fight since their sister died in 1994 but we are sticking together and finding our peace with each other and the world without her.

Guess my reply to your simple question has mushroomed. I truly am blessed.

#81302 - 01/29/06 07:59 PM Re: preparing for...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Flipper, your life sounds so peaceful. Sitting by the river in your own back yard...wow!

I am glad you and your family continues to wrok through the death of your daughter. Have you corresponded with Searcher and lionspaw? They too have lost children. I admore you for your strength to carry on.

#81303 - 02/02/06 12:18 AM Re: preparing for...
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Having an empty nest definitely can be liberating. It's given my husband and me more time together that we can spend one on one. We can talk about subjects that interest us, along with giving each other quality time.

It's brought my husband and me closer together.

But, has anyone ever found the opposite to be true? Did an empty nest make you realize you no longer had anything in common with your husband and you didn't want to spend all the extra time with him?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved