The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#81258 - 01/28/07 12:30 AM Re: looking ahead [Re: gims]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
Gimster...I LOVE your plan! It sounds so invigorating and fun!

Meanwhile...why don't you visit a dentist to find out what's going on with that tooth? A quick x-ray might tell the dentist what's going on...

#81259 - 01/28/07 02:03 AM Re: looking ahead [Re: gims]
denanz Offline

Loc: Tempe Arizona
Louisa, the federal government and tribal nations provide health benefits to native americans. The hospital here require you use other health insurance (work or state if you qualify) before using their services or they can bill your insurance company. My husband has good insurance from his work so I use his but if he were to lose it we would still be covered through the tribal medical center.

www.denisesgifts.com

#81260 - 01/31/07 05:26 PM Re: looking ahead [Re: denanz]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
gimster, go to the dentist now, before it's too late. If you haven’t waited too long before seeing a dentist, you have a very good chance of saving your teeth (at least some of them) and half of your bank account.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#81261 - 02/13/07 05:11 AM Re: looking ahead [Re: Saundra]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Gimster, maybe I can convince a sister of mine to reactivate her yoga classes so that she can teach at your retreat.

She used to run her own yoga centre. Right now, she's retreated into full-time homemaker, which in my opinion, is not full use of her potential, since her children are now adults and she is a good teacher for adults and children. (She did teach yoga to some kids..) Also well-educated. She was a licensed pharmacist, so she has serious scientific knowledge to explain basic human physiology and anatomy...something that not all yoga teachers know.

There are so many women like my sister...who could practice their skills at a place like your dream place.

#81262 - 02/13/07 03:24 PM Re: looking ahead [Re: orchid]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
orchid,
the retreat is a dream... something that will never happen, but I keep envisioning it, despite myself. I drove by the land yesterday on the way to the library and found our neighbor is setting up forms to lay a foundation for some type of structure. The problem in that is that he's laying up against the fenceline I was eyeballing for my barn...lol. I watch for signs like this to tell me my plan isn't perfected yet. While it's probably sign telling me I waited too long - had I built first, he probably would have built on the opposing fenceline.
I know of, and feel there are, so many women and children who could benefit from a center like the one I'm creating in my mind. I know there was a time in my life that I really needed one. Funding is a problem. Fear is a problem. Family is a problem. I thought of moving a small house (you know, those you see advertised in the 'house to be moved' section of the classifieds) on the property and test the market with female get togethers and tutoring. But, everytime I get my folder out to put things in motion, my dad relapses. I look at this as a sign, too, that the timing isn't right, and that my energies are needed elsewhere. It could be he's picking up on my re-directed attentions and throwing his fork in my road. Who was it that said (or titled their book) "If you see a fork in the road, pick it up"... anyway, that's what I've been doing, laying my folder of plans down in it's place.

Why did your sister give up her yoga center? Seems that would be something she could have gotten her children involved with.

#81263 - 02/14/07 06:26 AM Re: looking ahead [Re: gims]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
She got into yoga because her shoulder injury on rowing machine..and also helped with her post-partum depression (2nd child).

She closed her yoga centre because there was a time she thought she would relocate with her family due to hubby's job. That did not materialize. But she never got back in..it takes alot effort to restart a biz.

But I know she turned down customers when she closed.

She is just 1 yr. younger than I.

#81264 - 02/14/07 02:56 PM Re: looking ahead [Re: orchid]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
gimster, take me there. I'll be your first member. Your vision is lovely. Don't give up on it. Timing is everything. I just had a young mother tell me she was joining the Y so she could exercise while someone watched her children within the same building. I think y ou're on to something.

#81265 - 02/14/07 07:22 PM Re: looking ahead
Mountain Ash Offline

Dotsie
I know what you mean...I graduated late(50 with a BSc)I then taught along side others who were talking about retiring and I was still enthusiastic and discovering.Up till then I was medical/education and the teaching role...I flew with the angles.Now I am retired I am so glad I did what
I am still ooking for my next niche...may be jewellry after my husband is more well.I do know I am still seeking..
Mountain ash

#81266 - 02/15/07 09:46 PM Re: looking ahead [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mountain, do you mean making jewelry?

#81267 - 02/17/07 01:31 PM Re: looking ahead
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I wish I had become a jeweler instead of a secretary. I love jewelry. I made beaded jewelry for a while. Still have tons of beads and jewelry I made hanging around, especially earrings. I made lots of earrings. Never know when I will pick up on it again. I'm like that with hobbies. But, cut stones are my real passion. My dad was a jeweler many years ago. I guess that is where I get it from. Many people say I should work in a jewelry store. Well, aside frome the fact that retail doesn't pay enough, the hours are crazy, you have to work weekends and stand on your feet, it's not a good idea. I would end up owing them money at the end of the week

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved