The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#81155 - 02/20/06 11:47 PM Re: Anyone Else Realize that Retirement Will never be an Option?
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Or probably they live in Wisconsin, but have that same accent....

#81156 - 02/21/06 03:13 AM Re: Anyone Else Realize that Retirement Will never be an Option?
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
I enjoy the commericals everytime they come on...accent and all.

#81157 - 02/21/06 04:20 AM Re: Anyone Else Realize that Retirement Will never be an Option?
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Really funny aren't they? What genius thought of them, I wonder.

Say, one time my Sam thought of this great commercial. 'member when the commercials were about snickers bars and there was always some bad event which caused people to need a snickers bar? Well, Sammy thought: A car driving along a North Dakota highway under blizzard conditions- the car slides off the road - pan to driver , happily driving along but nervous about the weather - then slides off the road into a ditch. Looks up and around, to observe the snow plow coming along at record speed and buries him in the snow. Driver looks terrified, and then realizes that he's ok. Opens the glove compartment and out falls 10 snickers bars!!! Cute, huh?

#81158 - 02/21/06 10:56 AM Re: Anyone Else Realize that Retirement Will never be an Option?
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
No retirement here either. Nor health/life insurance. Thankfully no debt except for house and utilities which are WAY too expensive! In fact, DH just cashed in on his retirement so then what? We are needing it to do much-needed home projects that could not be let go any longer...like septic tank, gas lines that leak [Eek!] etc. The house seems to be falling apart since we moved here 10 years ago. Plus, need money to live. My soap business had better start increasing or I'll have to resort to working for someone "out there". ICKY!!

We will only get to live on soc sec. when we reach that age. (DH 55, me 48 now)Where IS that rich aunt??

#81159 - 02/21/06 07:24 PM Re: Anyone Else Realize that Retirement Will never be an Option?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi everyone,

I hope you don't mind me poking my head in here and putting in my two cents.

Many, many people are facing the question about finances after retirement.

Newsweek (oct 2003) stated that 50% of the working population will be involved in a home-based business of some sort by the end of 2005.

These people are looking for tax advantages, a flexible schedule, and money for retirement.

It is NOT too late for you to be able to build a nest egg for retirement.

Network marketing is the home-based business model that is projected to be the "wave of the future".

This means of having a "personal franchise" is being encouraged by such rich men as Robert Kiyosaki (Rich Dad, Poor Dad). Here are some comments that are on the back of his book about NWM (The Business School for People who Like Helping People)

Robert explains that building a network marketing business..

..is a revolutionary way to acheive wealth.
..makes it possible for anyone to acquire great wealth.
..is open to anyone who has drive, determination, and perseverance.

"Because I did not gain my fortune from building a network marketing business, I can be a bit more objective about the industry. This book describes what I see are the real values of a network marketing business - values that go beyond just the potential of making a lot of money. I finally found a business with a heart." Robert Kiyosaki

It does not have the stigma of the past.....and in 5 years, most people can build a pretty strong income. A PIG income (Perputal Income Generator) (money continues to grow)

Just food for thought. I believe in the industry with every ounce of my being. I have seen 6 friends personally grow businesses that would blow your mind. They will not have to worry about retirement.

If any of you are interested in finding out more -I would be happy to suggest some books and websites.

There ARE options out there - just wanted to share one with you.

Danita

#81160 - 02/21/06 09:15 PM Re: Anyone Else Realize that Retirement Will never be an Option?
Dreamer Offline

Danita, I would appreciate your sharing some web sites about this. You must think I'm a 'dead-beat" - we still haven't met for Scrabble, and I've spent a lot of time reading the info you sent me - I am in limbo right now not knowing whether we will stay here or move back to CO - but I'd sure love to do something to bring in some income. We're ok for now, but I don't feel we have enough stashed away for retirement purposes. What a dilemma!

#81161 - 02/21/06 10:18 PM Re: Anyone Else Realize that Retirement Will never be an Option?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dreamer,

I have had no such thoughts about you! I think the ball was last in my court to get you a yahoo ID. I have been sooooo busy!

Here are a couple of resources:

1. Start with http://www.dsa.org

This is an organization that "professional" network marketing and direct sales companies belong to.

2. Listen to this presentation online, done by Don Failla, author of the 45 second presentation. This is a 50 minute interview VERY worth listening to!:

http://achieveradio.com/showpages/achievers.htm :
**You will have to scroll down to the 8-11-05 interview with Don and Nancy Failla.

Statistics show that the health and wellness industry is projected to be the next TRILLION dollar industry, and that products will be distributed via network marketing v.s. traditional marketing.

If I were looking to join a NWM company - I would want it to be a consumable, daily use product that supports the health and wellness boom.

D.

p.s. other "audio broadcasts" on the above link that are very good:

Shad Helmstetter - Self Talk
Michael Clouse - network marketing

Arbonne success stories:

Donna Johnson
Cindy Pipkin
Deborah Brewer
Rachele Nichols

[ February 21, 2006, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: Danita ]

#81162 - 02/22/06 12:03 PM Re: Anyone Else Realize that Retirement Will never be an Option?
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
quote:
Originally posted by Searcher:

How are you friend, Flipper? Sounds like you're having your fair share of trouble - as if you already haven't! What web business are you getting into? Bull semen, now that sounds like a fun job!!! Good grief! Those must be some good-lookin' bulls! Say - how 'bout getting them into show biz - the cheese industry in Cal. must be making a fortune on their commercials !!!@#@! [/QB]

Searcher, we've had lots of trouble in the last 10 years, the last few being the worst. I am just setting up my system for tracking data for my new web site and when that is done I will send you the site. It is my unconventional attempt to turn a profit on farm land.

As for that bull semen, dh is a great breeder!!! Kidding aside, he is selling semen for an artificial insemination supply company called Accelerated Genetics. He has been AI breeding cows for many years and saw this as an opportunity to make a few extra bucks.

He is such an introvert, he's having a hard time getting started. He knows cattle and related topics as well as most vets so he has the knowledge but not the confidence. The last few years of being sabotaged by a banker and the related problems that situation created has really put his self-confidence in the dumper.

We have had a few really cute bulls around here. We used to have a 2000 pound holstein bull named "Bull" (original!!!) that would follow dh around like a puppy dog. We had him till he was 9 years old. Had a hard time losing him. Then there was the big black angus bull that wandered around the yard for a couple of months. He never left the farm and took naps under the tree in the back yard. There was Melvin the red angus who would follow a pail of feed anywhere and the little bull calf who grew up in the barn with the dairy cows, drinking our profits. None of them made it to California but all were happy with the girls in North Dakota!

[ February 22, 2006, 04:05 AM: Message edited by: flipperjo ]

#81163 - 02/22/06 12:14 PM Re: Anyone Else Realize that Retirement Will never be an Option?
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
Don't want to cover this important thread topic but since we're talking bull, have to share this story...

When my son Darick was about 4, he decided that since he had a penis and his sister didn't, he had the power. During that little stage (his sister eventually shot holes in his theory) he had a fascination with the bulls in the pen by the barn. He started sitting on the fence and hanging around a little too close to those big animals.

He kept going back no matter what I said, so one day I stood him by the fence and told him to look at the rear end of the belly of a big bull that was about eye-level to him. I told him that this was where the bull's penis was. Just at that moment, the bull decided it was time for show and tell and gave quite a good show.

Darick, having already decided that 'penis is power', stared at the bull's moving performance and apparently figured that the bull had entirely too much power! He started to shake and cry, then turned and ran as fast as he could away from the fence crying, "I want my Daddy!" I never caught him hanging around the bulls again.

[ February 22, 2006, 04:16 AM: Message edited by: flipperjo ]

#81164 - 02/22/06 10:17 PM Re: Anyone Else Realize that Retirement Will never be an Option?
Dreamer Offline

Danita, thank you so much for all the good information. I can't wait to get home from "work" (it's really 'dead' in the tax office so far today) to dig into them!

Dreamer

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved