The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#81077 - 03/31/06 03:30 AM Gap for boomer women
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We've talked about this in here before. Here's an article about Gap opening four more stores for us:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/states/california/northern_california/14161294.htm

Someone is finally catching on to the fact that we still like to look fashionable.

#81078 - 03/31/06 04:32 AM Re: Gap for boomer women
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
And about time too wouldn't you say?

#81079 - 03/31/06 06:02 PM Re: Gap for boomer women
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
woohoo!
Great news!
Finally!

#81080 - 04/01/06 08:32 AM Re: Gap for boomer women
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
My son is in management for Old Navy - which is part of Gap, Inc. He has been telling me about this new store - I will have to see if they are going to have a catalog - I don't think one is scheduled for my area yet.

I've been stressing about my so called 'Spring' wardrobe and how pathetic it is. I haven't updated much of anything in nearly 10 years. Think it's time....? About a month ago, we took a 10 day trip back to TN to visit. I couldn't help but notice that a lot of the people on the road were around our age. I also noticed that we were all dressed alike!!!! Sweatsuits and sneekers!! I have been looking at what's out there that is 'age approprite' for me - and there is not much there. I'm not talking fancy - just every day clothes that don't cost a fortune or make me look like I'm trying to be 20 years younger.

#81081 - 03/31/06 11:45 PM Re: Gap for boomer women
Tami Offline

Loc: Kansas
Have any of you tried www.coldwatercreek.com ? When I had the big corporate job I purchased from them online all the time. Their target market is also 40+ women. They have a large selection of jackets and blazers for those of us that like to detract from a not so perfect figure too. A couple of times a year they have a huge sale in their clearance section and you can get clothing up to 80% off. I'd buy end of season things during their big sale and still have time to wear it a few times before putting it away for next year. They have everything from special occasion dresses to jeans and tees, and my favorite...shoes! Sign up for their mailing list and notification of their big sales.

Tami

#81082 - 04/01/06 09:51 AM Re: Gap for boomer women
Dreamer Offline

Yes! I love shopping on-line from Coldwater Creek! I just got 3 new jackets, a sweater, a jogging suit (as if I jog! Ha, ha!!) from their clearance section - all at 80% off! Their clothing is beautiful, well made and stylish for our age group! Glad you told everyone about this, Tami!

Another good site is Drapers and Damons - www.drapers.com Beautiful clothing, great sales -

Both Drapers and Damon and Coldwater Creek are also excellent should you have to return anything.

#81083 - 04/01/06 05:50 PM Re: Gap for boomer women
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
Your're right about Coldwater Creek. I have one about 40 miles from me - don't get out that way often unless I have a mission (need something special - now.) I have ordered from the catalog, but never have much luck with sizes - then the hasstle of returns.

I need to put some thought into my wardrobe now that DH is retired. Everything from our social life to every day seems to be 'different' now. Not to mention that spur-of-the-moment travel means I need stuff that packs well. Since I need Everything - it would be nice to do it right this time.

Dreamer - Anne Morrow Lindbergh is my absolute favorite. I have given "Gift from the Sea" to many of my lady friends. It's so appropriate for every phase of womanhood.

[ April 01, 2006, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: browser57 ]

#81084 - 04/02/06 05:15 AM Re: Gap for boomer women
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The one catalog I have really good luck with is Romans and their return policy is excellent as well. The styles are for our age group and bright colors and cute styles are the norm.

#81085 - 04/03/06 02:45 AM Re: Gap for boomer women
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have a Coldwater Creek within walking distance. There clothes are so colorful and I love their jewelry!

So you gals order clothes from catalogs and they fit? I'm afraid to do that.

#81086 - 04/03/06 03:59 AM Re: Gap for boomer women
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
You can always send them back DOTSIE if you don't liKe the products. DO YOU EVER ORDER FROM SEARS. THEY HAVE A RETURN POLICY UP HERE IN CANADA. THAT'S WHERE I ORDER MY SHOES.

LOVE LEIGHA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved