The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#81019 - 03/29/06 05:07 AM Re: Miracle Sneakers?
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
Once you see what these shoes look like, you can only imagine how many muscle groups you use when you walk. They simulate walking 'barefoot' - hitting with the heal first, rolling through the stride, pushing off with the toe. It uses the calf, hamstring and buttock muscles - plus the abs also help in keeping your balance.

My SIL is long legged but carries most of her weight in her hips. She now has that 'runner's butt' (which I am sooo jealous of.) In fact, I'm only 5'3" with short legs, but she assured me that it would give me that 'look' too..... She lives in a quiet comminity - full of health nuts and walks at 6 a.m.( 3 miles a day)- probably doesn't have much of an audience at that hour. I live in a condo with people coming and going at all times, so the embarrassment factor would be huge for me.

E-Gads, I'm talking myself into buying the darn things - aren't !?!? I've already committed to golf lessons this summer - This could get way too pricey if I don't come to my senses soon.

#81020 - 03/29/06 06:59 PM Re: Miracle Sneakers?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I would wear them inside my house but I don't think I'd wear them to go shopping, etc. Or maybe, they will become the new In Thing and everyone will be wearing them so no big deal. I read about them in People mag or some other magazine and it said the "stars" were wearing them.

#81021 - 03/29/06 10:04 PM Re: Miracle Sneakers?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hmmm, I am remembering a pair of similar goofy shoes my son once bought when he played high school sports. they were similar. I wonder if they are still in his closet. I might have to go dig them out and give them a try.

browser, you're taking golf lessons. What fun. I have a friend who began ove a year ago and she's really getting good. She's hooked. Let us know how it goes.

Come on Dianne...you have to wear them outside...

#81022 - 03/30/06 01:46 AM Re: Miracle Sneakers?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Hey--I ordered a pair! Depending on how ugly they look, will depend on whether I wear them outside or not. I'll check back in with my firm and cellulite free body!

I love golf! I'm going to go back to golf school when it warms up here. There is something so addictive about the game and you're in the fresh air and sunshine and when you hit that ball just right, it's the best feeling. Not that I've done that very often. [Frown] [Razz]

[ March 29, 2006, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Dianne ]

#81023 - 03/30/06 05:19 AM Re: Miracle Sneakers?
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
Wow - keep us posted Dianne. Where did you order them from? My SIL will be SO impressed - and will no doubt continue to work on me to try them, too.

I LOVE GOLF! I took golf lessons about 10 years ago - but didn't play much until about 5 years ago. After playing once or twice a week (when we lived in TN) I actually had a pretty good game. Since we've been back in MI, I have only played a few times. Now that DH is retired, I will have to get my game back or he will leave me at home....

I have tentatively committed to go for a 3-day weekend at a golf resort in Northern MI with some old high school girl friends. Lessons every AM - then all the golf you can play for the rest of the day. I'm looking forward to that.

#81024 - 03/30/06 10:26 PM Re: Miracle Sneakers?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Oh man, does that sound like a great week end!

We took one lesson from a guy in Florida and he helped our swing so much. It was also much more relaxing using his technique.

I was told that to improve your game, you have to play at least three times a week. That would be impossible for me right now.

I bought the shoes from bliss world. They haven't arrived yet. I'm excited to try them.

#81025 - 03/31/06 10:59 PM Re: Miracle Sneakers?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

My shoes arrived today! I'm not lying here...they change the way you walk...literally and when you stand still, you never really stand still because they have a rocking motion, which continues to work the muscles. And, they are extremely comfy. It does make you stand up straight. Even comes with a DVD explaining how to walk in them and how they are built to help change your body! Yippee!

#81026 - 04/01/06 01:42 AM Re: Miracle Sneakers?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
That was fast Dianne!
Please keep us posted as to how good the shoes are. I'd be interested in how you feel after wearing them for a couple of hours or days.

#81027 - 04/01/06 03:33 AM Re: Miracle Sneakers?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

So far, so good. I can feel my calf muscles working. They are really comfy. Come on firm butt!

#81028 - 04/01/06 05:44 AM Re: Miracle Sneakers?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Too bad they're so expensive even though worth every penny apparently....

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved