The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#80992 - 03/25/08 07:02 PM Re: Mascara
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Hi Dotsie!
Really, wear I one with green eyes, ( which are beautiful,) I would wear as a basic, deep brown mascara. It looks less harsh and more natural and you can build it up more on your lashes. If I were your coloring, Dotsie, I would also consider a lash primer, ( let me know if you need the name of a good one, they can be inexpensive. If you used a deep brown mascara, and primed your lashes, your green eyes would STAR on your face! You can wear a deep green mascara, but the trick is to put one coat of brown mascar and then one coat of the green mascara, This way you do not look like you are trying too hard or that you are "out of your mind," but like you have great taste but no one can really figure out how you managed to make green mascara look so good!

For you, Dotsie, given your conservatism and you love of adventure, I recommend this recipe, (the one above.) It's a great investment in your face and not hard to do.

If you need good products to do this with, just let me know and the good news is that there are some colored mascaras that are not too expensive.

Go for it, Dotsie! Subtle but classy! It would work, either brown, deep brown, or brown and green for special eyes!

one more trick for green eyes, ( I have hundreds.) Try wearing an orange blouse or dress. Believe it or not, it makes your eyes "pop!"

Stay beautiful as you are!

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#80993 - 03/26/08 12:19 AM Re: Mascara [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
My Mom has olive green eyes, and her wardrobe always had lots of green! I don't think they had green mascara in her day.

Poet and essayist

#80994 - 03/26/08 12:41 PM Re: Mascara [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hmm..mine eyes are sort of greenish brown..you know and a bit lighter because I ain´t no baby anymore..maybe that mascara mix just might work..never thought of mixing colors..now why haven´t I thought of that?...

Can you mix dark brown and black eyeliner..will it make any difference???

#80995 - 04/23/08 08:15 PM Re: Mascara [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Dancer..I have tried Lancome´s eye liner today..as my Lóreal doesn´t stay on as well..now that the weather is warmer and now that I am a year older, I guess. Lóreal used to work fine until now..could be the eye cream I am using,too, I guess.BUT anyway..Lancome´s eyeliner worked much better and staid on much longer. So, ok..quality makes a difference..as you said..and it makes a difference in the price,too..BIG TIME..but ok..I´m worth it!!!!

#80996 - 04/23/08 08:34 PM Re: Mascara [Re: humlan]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I use dark brown or black masacara because my green eyes look bald if I don't use anything. Clumping is always a problem. A woman I used to work with bought her masacara at the Dollar Store and it looked great. I need a new one, too. I used to love Avon but they changed their products and I don't like them anymore.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#80997 - 04/24/08 12:27 AM Re: Mascara [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
You sure are worth it, Humlan! Yes, I have found that with make up, and believe it or not, clothing, you get what you pay for! It's an investment but it's worth it in the long run. The eyeliner should last a long time too!
I'm glad you like it!

Dancer9

"Question your privilege"

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved