The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#80982 - 03/09/08 05:46 PM Re: Mascara [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Cross stich queen,
those sound like sties, (sp.) I get them when I use some products that I am allergic to.
No product is TOTALLY hypo-allergenic. You could be highly allergic to an ingredient and no way can you tolerate it.

An example is my allery to metals. I cannot wear gold, platinum, titanium or ANY metal at ALL or I break out and start on an infection.

To relieve the sty, use a hot wash cloth, (wet,) and hold it on the sty for a bit, it usually pops it and then it will go away, the irritation goes away too. Not hot enough to burn you but warm enough to disolve the sty.

Hope this helps,
Dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#80983 - 03/09/08 09:59 PM Re: Mascara [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Thanks, Dancer..I do and I will..promise!!!

Thank you for your reply..got the message..and it makes alot of sense to me!! So glad you´re around to ask..makeup is a matter of life and death with me! Don´t go out the door without it..my kids think I am crazy..and probably pschologically disturbed with all sorts of issues..but that´s OK!!! I know that I am not..it´s just me!!! OR MAYBE I AM???? but then who isn´t?

I never go to bed without washing my face and all the stuff off..but I do keep my make up on when I come home..just think if somebody comes over. And they do..my son is always having his friends over. NOOO I am not hitting on them..but they are just THERE and my face has to be on then. Well, I am making exceptions nowadays..I mean I am 60 and all

HUGS!!!

#80984 - 03/15/08 01:44 AM Re: Mascara [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Have been using the tube mascara..I like it!!! It looks very natural actually..sort of like my eyelashes looked when I was 40 yrs younger. At first I didn´t like the mascara because I thought it didn´t sort of change things..and you couldn´t really see a difference when you put it on.But after using for over about a week..I love it AND it´s easy to take off!!! I would even say that my eyelashes are looking better..as if the mascara is GOOD for the lashes. Is this true?? It says it on the mascara thing..but is it true???

HUGS..and I can recommend the tube mascara. It works!!!! for me anyway...

#80985 - 03/15/08 07:51 PM Re: Mascara [Re: dancer9]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
Dancer,
I took your advice and bought Lancome mascara yesterday at Belk's. I purchased the Wtrproof L'Extreme + the CLS boosterXL. AND got a free cosmetic bag w/ a full tube of lip color LE Rouge Absolu + a lipstick case w/ mirror, compact w/ 4 shadows Color Design, Primordiale Cell Defense, Renergie Double Preformance Anti-wrinkle/firming and a Defincils Hi-def mascar. All but the lip color were 1/3 size samples. I thought it quite a deal! Any advice on using the products???
Week before I did get Merle Norman, Luxiva foundation & Foundation primer..& another sample kit, lasting cheek color, wrinkle smoother, clay masque & moist lip color. These were great size samples even more generous than the Lancome. I had tried several already and just applied the HiDef Lancome mascara w/ the boosterxl, WOW!! I have very long lashes anyhow, add that to it and it's a great look. Plus, my lashes are still soft, not hard and feeling ready to break if touched.
THANKS for the Lancome TIP!!! QBall
PS ?? The lady at Belks gave me a Clueless stare when I mentioned the tube mascara,she said it was all in a tube. LOL DUH!!! I began to explain and then just gave up. What is the name of the Tube type?

#80986 - 03/15/08 07:56 PM Re: Mascara [Re: Q_ball]
dancer9 Offline

QBall,
How wonderful that you bought the mascara! I'm certain that your eyes are beautiful! I'm happy you like it, I love it.
As for the new products, (BINGO!!) they have GREAT reputations so go ahead and use them as directed. I love them. I go between them and other lines for skin care. Lancome has one of the biggest labs for coming up with new products that are good for the skin. I recommend them. There are others that are good too but I would not sneezee at Lancome skin products!!
As to the colors you recieved for the eyes,what colors are they?
I can tell you the best way to wear your shadow if you can tell me your eye shape, (oval, round, deep, large, or small?) I have many tricks there that I have learned over the years! How is your upper lid? Sometimes the upper lid will start to sag in our thirties.

The tube mascara is so fun, lol! It is from a company called Blinc and is called Kiss Me. When you apply it, it forms itself into tubes of black that wrap around your eye lashes. When you remove it, you literaly see the tubes slide off your lashes whole! It is really something. I like it so I keep a tube of it.

I'll grab you the URL for it, ok?

Thanks for your feedback. I always wonder if my advise is worth anything to anyone!

Blinc, Kiss Me Mascara:

http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml;jsessionid=5MIGG4TZOUGLECV0KQHRXCQ?brandId=Blinc

Dancer

Edited by dancer9 (03/15/08 08:07 PM)

#80987 - 03/15/08 08:22 PM Re: Mascara [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

Humlan,
I am just so pleased when something I recommend works for someone here. I rarely hear that it does! Thank you for writing that it works for you and yes, it is good for your lashes.

After removing mascara, don't forget to moisterize your lashes as you do everything else! They need to stay in condition as well!

Love ya!
dancer9

#80988 - 03/15/08 08:32 PM Re: Mascara [Re: dancer9]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
Dancer, Thanks again Girl! I'll check out that link in a bit. YES your advice is getting through to me anyhow. After all you're not selling the stuff, like the sales gals are. So, we can trust you for honest advice VS hype. Gee I 'm not sure about my eyes,I'll think on it but the colors I got were...Latte, Off the Rack, Bikini Golden & Guest List. For the most part my eyes are green, uless I'm wearing soething very blue. Lids a little saggy in the mornings, not really any bag under though. Make me Beautiful Master Dancer! OR that's right you're a dancer not a miracle worker, hoohumm just give it your best shot. So far so great!

#80989 - 03/16/08 01:15 AM Re: Mascara [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Dancer..I took a monetary risk (because I´m worth it ).will tell you what I think of it..have to use it for a few days to see. But it was expensive..320kr = 47 dollars! Does it cost as much in the States? The sales lady at the store told me that Lancome products a very very good and she thinks they are worth the extra money (but she would say that , wouldn+t she?). I told her that my friend recommended them,that´s YOU, Dancer..and I wanted to try something like an eyeliner which I use everyday. So it´s the eyeliner that I bought for that price,by the way. The one will the little felt top..art pen or something to that effect, it´s called.

HUGS and Thanks!! This is fun! When I need a contribution to my food bill, I will call you!!! Be warned..I am still feeding a teenager!!!

#80990 - 03/16/08 07:36 PM Re: Mascara [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

LOL, Humlan, I know the liner. I hope you like it. I use their pencil liners because I like to smudge. Also, they make waterproof pencils! Yes, Lancome is worth the extra money as they clerk says and so is Chanel, so is Smashbox, and so is Nars! Those companies have the best, in my opinion. I like to mix Chanel and Lancome myself!
I don't wear a lot of color but I like Chanel color for cheeks.

I don't like Lancome for nail polish at all. I like Dior, and another lesser known company.
Dior nail polish hangs on as does MAC!

Just ideas, good luck!

dancer

#80991 - 03/25/08 02:47 PM Re: Mascara [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Qball, we have the same color eyes. My eyes are also very green, unless I'm wearing blue and then there's more blue than green.

Dancer, what color mascara do you recommend for green eyes?

My sister has gorgeous blue eyes. She was here for Easter and had blue mascara on and her eyes looked fantastic. She was also very tan because she and her daughter had just returned from a vacation in the Dominican. Anyway, I never wear blue mascara because I prefer a more natural look, but I gotta tell ya, she looked great.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved