The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#80972 - 03/04/08 07:59 PM Re: Mascara [Re: humlan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Don't use too much oil. You only need to dampen the cloth or tissue. Plus keep the eyes closed tightly and use a moist towel with warm water to wipe the oil off when finished. Most gals use too much oil, it only takes a drop.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#80973 - 03/04/08 08:54 PM Re: Mascara [Re: chatty lady]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
That's exactly what I've always used....just a dab of baby oil. And yes, wipe with a warm moist washcloth afterwards. If I'm going to bed right away I sometimes leave a tiny bit of oil around my eyes...nice for the skin. My Mom swore by baby oil as a skin softener and had lovely skin her entire life. I tend to use water-proof mascara most of the time....I get weepy too often and don't have to worry about looking like a ghoul when I do

#80974 - 03/05/08 12:25 AM Re: Mascara [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I use a remover because I want it off clean, and without all the oil and fast! I am back to work so I've had to wear it three days running and I hate to wear it so I just touch my already black eye lashes with a dab on the ends. Still, I take it off RIGHT when I return home and the brands that remove the mascara are just neater for me.

Also, being Italian, I don't want a face with oil. Women of some races need to avoid a wet looking face, we look better matte.

But the worst part of using baby oil for me and also things like Ponds is that it removes hair color too! I want my color to stay fresh.

I am a stickler but it's part of the job. I think too. I have to use my mind believe it or not!

dancer

"Question your privilege"

#80975 - 03/05/08 12:29 AM Re: Mascara [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

too true, Chatty!
dancer9

#80976 - 03/05/08 12:51 AM Re: Mascara [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

That was what my post was about, Humlan!
dancer9

#80977 - 03/08/08 05:41 PM Re: Mascara [Re: dancer9]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
Very interesting......I had waterproof mascara on the brain. I've seldom been happy with it & not used it since we sold the boat and took out the pool! But, figure I better get happy with one brand or another before my son's wedding! LOL Happy Tears-happy tears! I think I could get through it with out tears, but my MIL crys when wind changes direction!! LOL & It's contageious. Appreciate this discusion so much. I'm going to check out several of these mentioned. Thanks Ladies.

#80978 - 03/08/08 07:15 PM Re: Mascara [Re: Q_ball]
dancer9 Offline

Q ball and all,
If you don't mind the price, and you want the one that will work, this former model who has been asked to do another modeling shoot, recommends one of the three different waterproof mascaras from Lancome, once again.

You can't go wrong.

However, it is 19.99! It does last a long time though.
Dancer9

#80979 - 03/09/08 12:04 AM Re: Mascara [Re: dancer9]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Dancer, I got the tube mascara! They are selling it here. But it is L´Oreal´s. The cheaper Lancome line? I happened to find it at my make-up store here. I am looking forward to trying it..

Do you recommend that one should take off make up as soon as possible when coming home?

Did I mention that awhile back I found Dior´s shimmer powder..beige, I guess..and I love it. Have gotten some positive comments about it..even from the kids I work with

Dior has come out with a sort of multicolored shimmer powder for the spring..the basic color is pinkish there..which doesn´t feel right for me. I am basically a brunette.

Can someone suggest a good removal product then..for eye makeup? I can´t use L´Oreal´s remover for eye makeup that has blue liquid on the bottom of the bottle before shaking it. I find that it irritates my eyes after using it a few days..or at least I think it does.

#80980 - 03/09/08 12:10 AM Re: Mascara [Re: humlan]
dancer9 Offline

Humlan,
I am told that my skin is excellent by so many people. I think that it is a bit genetic and much to do with how I have cared for it.
I stayed out of the sun and I stay out of the sun. I wash make up off when I get home, period. Never fail and have never slept in make up. I use the best products I can afford for my skin, even when I was a "starving dancer," for that min. or two! I think. like many Euro women, that skin care is a must.

I think that Lancome makes the best make up remover and a bottle will last your whole life if you can remember where it is all the time! Seriously, I've worked on one bottle of Lancome make up remover for over 5 years! I wear mascara most days and I remove it with that product. I wear Lancome mascara because I think it is the best. I wear, as I said, the best I can afford on my skin, and I test products when new ones come out, it's too much fun!
I advise those who ask me about my skin to do many things to better their skin, and to clean your face is one.

I know all the articles that say that one make up product is the same as the others but it simply is not true. Whether it's how the ingredients are used or what they are, there are better and worse cosmetics!

Colors, for example are better from the better lines. They are rich, different and true. I know, for example,that I cannot go wrong with a color from Chanel!

An example is that there is a place on my chest that I took big burns from the sun when I was young from playing tennis. It is aging faster by far than my face and the rest of my neck! It's a matter of how you care for it.

My husband who is the son of a woman who had a breast job and three face lifts tells me that it's the way I take care of my skin. I think he's right. I had to, it was my job and still is since I have booked more gigs!

So, have fun Humlan and treat your face as you would yourself, with gentle hands, and caring action! And, well, have fun!

Dancer

#80981 - 03/09/08 12:34 PM Re: Mascara [Re: dancer9]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I like Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover and Almay Moisturizing eye makeup remover. They remove makeup easily without irritating my eyes.

Speaking of irritating eyes........I cannot use Almay mascara even though it's supposed to be hypo-allergenic. Get funny bumps on the rims of my eyelids every time. It's the only one that seems to cause irritation for me.But the eye makeup remover doesn't bother me.......go figure.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved