The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#80962 - 03/07/06 02:07 AM Mascara
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey ya'll, I've a mascara issue that is driving me nuts! I wear contacts and the mascara will flake into my eyes (although minutely, enough to cause me to rub which inturn causes racoon eyes!). I've tried expensive (Lancom & Clinique) and Almay, Revlon, etc., yet need one that does not flake, smudge, is waterproof (and actually is!), and in brown or semi-brown?!

If you gal's know of a good one I may try, please do! Thanks! [Eek!]

#80963 - 03/07/06 02:12 AM Re: Mascara
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Mustang Gal, I have the same problem, except I don't wear contacts. I'm just allergic. I've learned that I can only wear it for so long, then I have to wash my eyes and start over. So if I put it on in the a.m., then I have to start over if I'm going out in the evening. All of the eye makeup remover makes my eyes extremely red, but it does go away after about an hour.

I also wish I could find something that doesn't flake.

Daisygirl

#80964 - 03/02/08 04:45 PM Re: Mascara [Re: Daisygirl]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Mustang gal, I have tried many mascara products that don't hold up to the claim it makes. I have had a hard time finding a good waterproof mascara that stays put....and that don't clump,flake, or smear. I don't want raccoon eyes neither. Right now, I am using Maybelline Full'n Soft waterproof mascara in dark brown. So far I like it. It stays put all day. I remove my mascara at night with Vaseline, which works the best for me instead of using soap and water.

#80965 - 03/02/08 06:09 PM Re: Mascara [Re: Cookie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I have also tried many brands.
Some years ago, I tried this mascara, http://www.covergirl.com/products/product.jsp?productId=professional_curved_brush_mascara (Covergirl Professional All-in-One, if the link doesn't work) and have used it ever since, for years. It doesn't flake on me. It lengthens and distributes my lashes the way I expect it to. I like the curved brush. I tried the waterproof, but didn't like the heavy fake feel it produced.
I use brown-black, so it won't look too heavy.
I don't wear much make-up, but my mascara is very important to me.

#80966 - 03/02/08 08:24 PM Re: Mascara [Re: gims]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Mustang Gal,
It's Lancome water proof mascara. It'll cost a bit but it works and does not flake into your eyes. You can get it at any department store, even on military bases and you can order it online.
Lancome is just a higher line for the company that holds Clinque but it's products are better.
There is one mascara that is new. it forms little tubes of black around your eye lashes and when you take it off, these little tubes come off your lashes! It's pretty good and a new technology.
If that interests you, go ahead and ask and I'll get you the name of the "tube," mascara!

Also, Mustang Gal, if you see a mascara going on like a paste or buiding up your eye lashes in a very thick way, it's going to flake, unless they are tubes! lol

dancer

Edited by dancer9 (03/02/08 08:26 PM)

"Question your privilege"

#80967 - 03/02/08 10:44 PM Re: Mascara [Re: dancer9]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Admittedly I can't get into mascara..last time I wore it..was when I was around 21 yrs. old. Made my eyes feel tired..maybe it was the weight of it..:D....a sensation most definitely I don't want to exacerbate at this time in life!

#80968 - 03/03/08 01:11 AM Re: Mascara [Re: orchid]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I have a couple that I like. Cover Girl makes a great washable waterproof mascara called Professional Remarkable mascara. It is waterproof yet easy to wash off when you're ready to take it off. Others I like are Cover Girl Lash Exact and for truly lasting waterproof mascara Max Factor's Stretch & Seperate in the waterproof version REALLY stays on, but it's hard to remove even with makeup remover.

#80969 - 03/03/08 07:10 PM Re: Mascara [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
The situation with waterproof mascara is that they can be a problem if in taking it off, you loose eye lashes. You want one that can be removed relatively easily and without any scrubbing or harsh tactics.

Some are industrial strength water proof and Max Factor makes a line of make up used in film so often it has harsh products but they stay on. Of all the companies, Max Factor has provided more stage make up and movie make up than all the others.

If you don't want to take the advice of anyone, try at Lancome, for example, to take a tester, or better yet, test it on your eyes, they will make it safe so far as bacteria. Any that you can test, step up and ask to test it. Wear it all day and give it a trial run. This prevents any buyers remorse!

Let me know what you end up using!

Dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#80970 - 03/03/08 09:53 PM Re: Mascara [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You can use any kind of water proof mascara and then remove it gently and without losing lashes by putting some baby oil or olive oil on a tissue and wiping it away...its gentle and you won't being tearing out your lashes...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#80971 - 03/04/08 07:31 PM Re: Mascara [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Yup, chattylady..my system,too. Except that if I want to watch a film after taking off my mascara with baby oil..I find that I have film over my eyes for awhile that can be irritating?? Any help there???

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved