The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#80942 - 06/18/06 08:19 PM Re: summer clothes?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Well don't sweat it, Dianne. The evil shoe spirit is really one of the "lesser" evil spirits!!
Someday, I may need a storage unit for books.

#80943 - 06/18/06 09:52 PM Re: summer clothes?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I have one of those evil spirits surrounding me as well...It's called Mr. Oreo....and let me tell ya, this spirit is dastardly! (Is that a word?)

JJ

#80944 - 06/19/06 08:29 PM Re: summer clothes?
Val Offline

Loc: Pa.
Oh Diane, I love shoes also, altho you have me beat on numbers I'm sure. Maybe we can share best shoe websites or deals........
Val

#80945 - 06/19/06 09:03 PM Re: summer clothes?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I rarely order online because I like to try them on. If it's a brand I already have, then I know their sizing. I was told Pamela Anderson and Jessica Simpson have shoes online but haven't checked them out yet and I'm sure they will be for younger women although, some of the flat shoes out there aren't age related.

Yes...another shoe groupie. Yea!!!!! I almost bought another pair yesterday. Cole Haan was having a huge sale. The one's I liked hurt my big toe though. I don't do painful, no matter how cute they look.

#80946 - 06/19/06 11:14 PM Re: summer clothes?
Val Offline

Loc: Pa.
I am big on comfort also. One kind I like are aerosoles(sp?) I have two pair of the brightly colored suede wedges. They have great sales. I am a lazy driver so online works good for me. For brands I know as you say.

#80947 - 06/20/06 11:41 PM Re: summer clothes?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
VAl and Dianne, have you always been in to comfort? I recall wearing adorable shoes that hurt like he-- to weddings back in the 70s. Now I go for comfort too! I have on my Eliza B flip-flops and love 'em. However, I need to get soem iwth a little support in the arch. Another sign of getting old-er.

#80948 - 06/20/06 11:57 PM Re: summer clothes?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

No. I used to wear killer heels but made my legs look great! Oh woman, thy name is vanity.

#80949 - 06/21/06 04:47 AM Re: summer clothes?
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Dianne, I am so happy to know that I am not the only shoe freak on this forum...my husband doesn't believe me...but shoe stores and shoe departments actually call my name when I am anywhere near them....handbags too...but I can resist them slightly better than I can shoes...fortunately my 3 daughters and I all wear the same shoe size...helps me to rationalize my purchases a little easier... [Big Grin]

#80950 - 06/21/06 05:10 AM Re: summer clothes?
cara4art Offline

Loc: north-central New Mexico
Personally, if shoes aren't comfortable the minute I put them on, I don't buy them, no matter what the salesperson says. I used to buy shoes because they looked cool, instead of how they actually would fit my feet and allow me to walk unrestricted. Fortunately there are lots of fun, funky, comfortable flat styles. Santa Fe women are pretty independent in that area - comfy shoes abound, and you don't see "killer heels" that much, except when someone dresses up and isn't expecting to walk anywhere. Our terrain here isn't exactly conducive to high heels either, esp. out in the rural area. Heck, it's so harsh out here that sandals are contra-indicated!
Right now, I have 4 pairs of footwear total, including one pair of hiking boots. I don't have any "good shoes"(to even slightly get dressed-up in) currently. I could use a pair, but I am very lax about getting to a store to shop. My husband has urged me to shop for a pair of shoes if I want, also. I guess I'm every married man's dream - a woman who hates to shop!

#80951 - 06/21/06 04:46 PM Re: summer clothes?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

My husband might look you up because he doesn't believe women like you exist after being married to me.

I have an automatic pilot built in me that just knows where the good shoes are and my daughters don't wear my shoe size so I'm lucky.

Ladies, I leave this morning to fly to Nashville to get all of those shoes moved here. I've missed them. [Frown] They've been calling my name. See you in a week!

[ June 21, 2006, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Dianne ]

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved