The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 124 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#80922 - 03/06/06 06:13 PM summer clothes?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What's everyone looking at for this summer? And I don't want to hear moo-moos (how do you spell that word?) and elastic waist pants...

#80923 - 03/06/06 09:35 PM Re: summer clothes?
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
Hi Dots, it's Muu Muus...Oh, those free-flowing tents! [Roll Eyes]

For summer, I'm looking for a few pair of new shorts, maybe a new sundress or two, and of course, tops, in this summer's in colors. I'm also in the market for a few pair of jeans...the new higher-waisted ones. I haven't purchased many jeans in the last couple of years, due to my dislike of the low-rise horrors. I'll be on the look-out for a new bathing suit, too. I usually retire the last year's one to beachwear, and purchase a new one for wearing at the pool. Nothing like one season of ocean and sun to take its toll on a suit!

http://www.intouchwithjeannine.com

#80924 - 03/07/06 12:05 AM Re: summer clothes?
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
T-shirts and peddal pushers, long summer dresses and a new sun hat!

#80925 - 03/07/06 01:04 AM Re: summer clothes?
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
Di, oh girl, have I got the summer sun hat for you! I love big wide-brimmed hats, with that gentle, sloping, front tip-down...know what I mean? While on vacation last year, I came across one that I knew would be my favorite for some time to come. It came with a rawhide drawstring chin thingy, which I immediately removed. I opt for a hat band I create with a silk scarf, choosing one with colors that compliment whatever outfit I'm wearing. This bit of foo-foo transforms this wide-brimmed beauty into a fashion accessory that garners many compliments, and queries as to where I found it. The image you'll see at the site below does no justice to the look of the hat...I first saw mine displayed on a hat rack, which allowed me to note how fine was that sweeping front brim. The hat,lying flat gives no indication of the look one may achieve by wearing it... You really can't get the idea of how great a look it is, by this picture, but to wear it is to love it!

http://tulahats.com/frameset.html

http://www.intouchwithjeannine.com

#80926 - 03/07/06 02:25 AM Re: summer clothes?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I just had to purchase some warm weather clothes for the meeting I went to in southern CA. I bought some capris, even though I don't really like them on short people, but they are so comfortable. I wore them a lot. I also bought a longer, fuller skirt and top from J Jill. Other than that, I usually wear cotton skirts just above my knee with a t-shirt - it's my summer uniform. I better get this old body ready for them.

Daisygirl

#80927 - 03/07/06 09:57 PM Re: summer clothes?
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Going to check out JJill as we speak. Then I'm off to find an outfit for my s-i-l's wedding in VA in a couple of weeks. I was going to wear what I have, but my hubby will be giving the bride away. So I decided to treat myself to something new.

#80928 - 03/07/06 11:49 PM Re: summer clothes?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Since summer is basically year round for us here in Florida, we wear our summer clothes a lot. It's a basic uniform, t-shirt and shorts.

I'm up for some new shorts, mine are now too big for me and kinda sag and bag between my knees. I'm having a hard time finding some. Anyone have suggestions? I'd like them with side pockets and length just above the knee. Button up is fine, and so is elastic waist.

I love the short sets in the catalogs, but they usually don't sell them separately. I have a "bigger" top and a "smaller" bottom. Makes for some frustrating shopping.

#80929 - 06/17/06 08:35 PM Re: summer clothes?
cara4art Offline

Loc: north-central New Mexico
I love my below the waist bootcut jeans - higher-rise pants don't look good on me at all and I've been so glad that better pants have been around the last couple of years! I don't, however wear the really-low rise jeans though. As I mentioned on another thread on the Fashion section, I love the fact that there's something else to wear top-wise that's as comfortable/easy to wear as a t-shirt, but a whole lot prettier - and, not everything is skintight either. The empire-waisted tops and dresses come to mind! I also enjoy the detailing and ornamentation on the newer clothes too, which range from all-out boho-girl to sharper, edgier looks. If really fancy stuff doesn't suit, then an accessory that's unusual can do it! I like to wear unusual combos of things anyway - like short over long over jeans, any old time of year - just the fabrics change. I also like and look good in COLORS(not necessarily blaring, but RICH) - safe, "tasteful neutrals", and other overly-muted colors that we're supposedly supposed to wear "at our age" don't do it for me. Not everyone benefits from playing it "safe" style-wise. If you wear colors that suit your skintone, and clothes that suit your physique, whatever that is, you'll look great - and there is lots of info out there!

#80930 - 06/17/06 10:15 PM Re: summer clothes?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Cara4art, you know what? I really like you. Must be because you're from New Mexico, my birth state and I have some relatives still living there. No, that's not it. You are my kind of woman. I'm 58 and I love fashion. You wear a lot of the same clothes that I do. I refuse to wear granny looking outfits and I think, I refuse to grow up too!

I'm enjoying your messages.

#80931 - 06/17/06 10:42 PM Re: summer clothes?
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I wish someone would dress me! I am so clueless when it comes to fashion. I'm afraid to accessorize because I think it looks gaudy or something. I wear barely any jewelry - just my earrings, sometimes a simple necklace or bracelet.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were some folks that could work in the department stores and give you HONEST advice on what looks good on you and how you should dress to show off your best parts? I'm sure there are some in the more expensive stores, but I can't really afford that.

Those of you who know your syle - I admire you!

Kathy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved