The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#80909 - 02/28/06 01:38 AM shorts?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Do you still wear them?

This past summer I got away from shorts a little and began wearing more short skirts. They're a little longer and I felt better wearing them.

I am heading to warm climate with my 20 year-old son during his break so I'm beginning to think about summer clothes. [Roll Eyes] Bathing suits too... [Roll Eyes]

#80910 - 02/28/06 01:39 AM Re: shorts?
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I only wear shorts around the yard. I don't like to scare people in public anymore!! [Eek!]

#80911 - 02/28/06 04:24 AM Re: shorts?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I rediscovered pedal pushers last summer and love them, they come in wonderful colors and are in cool fabrics. You can dress the outfit up or down depending on your desire. They hide a multitude of sins and still you look summery and cool.... [Cool]

#80912 - 02/28/06 08:25 AM Re: shorts?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dotsie, that is so nice that you are doing something with your 20 year old son during his break. Not too many 20 year olds want to spend spring break with dear old MOM! Like Chatty, I wear "pedal pushers" except I noticed that they are called capris. I can't stand that my butt is closer to my knees and my knees are closer to my ankles than ever before. I don't want to wear shorts except for the beach and yard work.

#80913 - 02/28/06 11:57 AM Re: shorts?
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Hawaii being warm year-round, I regularly wear
shorts or capris.

#80914 - 02/28/06 10:22 PM Re: shorts?
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Dotsie...I love that you are spending Spring Break with your son...can you share where you two are going? I'm going to Daytona Beach with my
21 year old daughter...she is competing in The College National Cheerleading competition down there...once the competition is over we are going to spend a few days extra hopefully on the beach ...I'm so excited...I love one on one's with my kids...

Cindy...you lucky girl!!!shorts and capris all year...that's what I call living!!!!

#80915 - 02/28/06 11:55 PM Re: shorts?
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I where shorts and capris in the summer. The rest of me is a mess, but my legs are still one of my best features. I like the short skirts, too.

#80916 - 03/01/06 03:48 AM Re: shorts?
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
I tend to agree with the ladies here, who mention the shorter skirt length. I like them, not minis by any means, but, I've shoved the skirt hangar dripping ankle length skirts to the end of the closet rack. I'm finding those long skirts just don't quite look the way they used to look, on me. (Yikes! Right now, I can hear the Wicked Witch from The Wizard of Oz...'I'm shrinking! I'm shrinking! [Wink] ) I really like the look of a just above the knee, or knee-length skirt now.

I like capris, and I wear shorts, and have worn walking shorts, ones that come close to, or just to my knee, since I turned thirty. I always thought of that length as more acceptable, for me, for wearing out in public. Ones that are any shorter, well, I reserve those for around the house wearing.

http://www.intouchwithjeannine.com

#80917 - 03/01/06 09:38 PM Re: shorts?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Back when I was growing up, my mom wouldn't be caught dead in public wearing shorts. She nearly ingrained that notion into me as well. But, living here in Florida, ya gotta wear shorts sometimes, it's so darn hot and humid. However, the older I get, the more I realize I reach for a pair of jeans or dress slacks when I go out in public.

But, I try to keep my shorts longer when in public. I can't wear capris, they look like short pants on me. Not a good idea for short people with short legs.

#80918 - 03/01/06 10:40 PM Re: shorts?
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I have a 'favorite' pair of white - knee length shorts with a draw string waist. I swear every year that I will take them apart to make a pattern and make myself several pair in white, black and beige. So far, my sewing machine has been in a storage garage for 2 years now, and the prospect of accomplishing this task is remote.

I love the length - just perfect - and for some reason no one is making them anymore. They're Lizwear - maybe I should write the manufacturer. I'm only 5'3" and the capri length makes me look like a frump. My kids used to call them 'floods.' Above the knee is getting too scary... Can I squeeze another year out of my old stand by's??
I hope so!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved