The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#80807 - 01/26/06 08:35 AM Panty hose are out of style????
ladybug Offline

Last night my daughter told me that panty hose are out of style and lo and behold in today's fashion hidelines the statement appeared as fact.

Thanks to "Sex and the City" and Vogue editor Anna Wintour, you're behind the times if you do wear them.

They have their advantages and disadvantages. One must consider that these very women who started this trend are ones who are picked up and dropped off right at the entrances of their destinations. No one is going to think I'm fashionable if I go sans hose in our climate. They'll simply look at me and think, "that woman must be freezing to death."

I think I'll keep my tights and panty hose except in the summer when you can get away with this. I'll risk being "behind the times."

#80808 - 01/26/06 08:59 AM Re: Panty hose are out of style????
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Down here in Florida, pantyhose is definitely out of style. Even when my daughter got married in November last year, she went sans hose.

There's nothing worse than sweating through your pantyhose. Yuck!

#80809 - 01/25/06 09:19 PM Re: Panty hose are out of style????
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
And up here in Ottawa, you can't survive winter without longjohns! When I was working, I tried just wearing pantyhose (even under my slacks), but just about froze to death waiting at the busstop (at 6:30am and then again at 8pm that evening).

One can be very creative at getting away with wearing longjohns, even with a skirt (long boots and a long coat will hide anything...but then you always have to pray that you don't end up in the hospital emergency room for any reason!)

I used to have to wear ugly thick men's longjohns, until I discovered "CuddleDuds"...they have not only revolutionalized the way I survive cold winter weather (I can still wear tight-fitting slacks over them), but they even make me feel sexy while wearing them.

#80810 - 01/25/06 09:25 PM Re: Panty hose are out of style????
ladybug Offline

Okay, so where do you get these CuddleDuds?

#80811 - 01/25/06 09:49 PM Re: Panty hose are out of style????
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Well...I had never heard of "CuddleDuds" either so I googled... JC Penny's have them.

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?ItemID=0ddd1f3&GrpTyp=ENS&CmCatId=EXTERNAL|SearchProducts|SearchResults

Look like they would have a lot less bulk.

#80812 - 01/25/06 09:50 PM Re: Panty hose are out of style????
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I just did a Google search on these. JC Penney's has them among others, and they spell it Cuddl Duds. They sound really nice!! They are 100% cotton on the inside, with a thin layer of nylon on the outside, so they are silkier under your clothes!
Thanks, Eagle!

#80813 - 01/25/06 09:51 PM Re: Panty hose are out of style????
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Brenda, you're a fellow "Googler"!!!

Here's a plus - they won't run!!

#80814 - 01/25/06 09:55 PM Re: Panty hose are out of style????
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Yep...sure am.
Think I order the pants...when I get cold, my teeth chatter util I warm up. It's ugly...

#80815 - 01/25/06 10:52 PM Re: Panty hose are out of style????
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Sorry I wasn't here to answer the question. Thanks Brenda! I'm an avid Googler too, couldn't survive the Internet without it. These Cuddl Duds are So comfortable that I forget I have them on, until I don't, and then I freeze. I even wear them around the house under my slacks so we can keep the heat down. I have several pairs, a few white and a few black, thanks to my step-daughter who used to buy me a pair every Christmas. I also have a few of the long sleeve shirts to wear under my sweaters.

With the temps often hovering around -12 Celsius these days (I think that's about 9 Fahrenheit), one has to find ways to adapt, or hibernate, and even then those Cuddl Duds are indispensible!

Brenda, I think you should order a pair too...honestly, if you're shivering at all, you'll be so glad you have these to ward off the cold.

PS Brenda, I just checked the tag on my long johns and you're right, they're actually spelled Cuddl Duds...I never noticed that before. Talk about optical illusions...I always saw an "e" on the end of that word "Cuddl"!

[ January 25, 2006, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#80816 - 01/25/06 11:06 PM Re: Panty hose are out of style????
ladybug Offline

Brenda, what would we do without you? You and Eagleheart always find the answers for us. I do have a JC Penney catalog. Thanks Brenda!

I could use these on my hiking journeys. I do have a few pairs of L.L. Bean flannel lined jeans but I was still cold yesterday hiking for miles in all that heavy wind.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved