The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#80734 - 01/16/06 02:24 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
Aggghhh, those earlobes!

I had my ears pierced in high school. I didn't often wear earrings mostly because I couldn't afford them.

I remember my grandmother and her 2 sisters, my great aunts. Born in 1883, 1889, and 1891. They all lived to be nearly 100. By the time I was a grown up they were all very very old Victorain ladies, and their earlobes! Ugh. They had spent their entire lives wearing large heavy pierced earrings. Their earlobes were so stretched and saggy they hung nearly to the shoulders. I remember thinking how terrible and ugly it looked. And I haven't worn a pair of earrings in 25 or 30 since.

I may have other wrinkly pendulous features but ears like that? I refuse. I may have big feet but my ears, thank goodness, are still cute. [Big Grin]

#80735 - 01/16/06 02:49 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Well, I would not have my ears pierced in the 60's and still don't would come to school with the burnt tooth picks in there ear that there friends had pierced at home and they said you are next . Not , me catch me if you can and I am still running from having my ears pierce . I wear the clip on and love them Monet makes nice ones .

As far as shoes , for which I love Dianne ,also and handbags . I use to wear a 6 1/2A with a triple a heel and you can't find them today with that heel size . I now wear a 7M and sometimes in sandal a six again . If the run large . Boots a 7M. My father has small feet and mother did too and my brother wore and 8 shoes . My husband is tall 6ft and he wears a 10 1/2 which I think is small for a man of his size .

#80736 - 01/16/06 02:57 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My feet have gotten thinner. Used to wear M but now wear narrow.

The good news is there was a doctor in OH that did laser treatment on earlobes that pulled them back up and firmed them. I haven't heard of anyone else doing it tho.

I saw a picture of a guy with his cell phone stuck through the large hole in his earlobe.

#80737 - 01/16/06 04:54 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well you guys knocked my socks off with the earlobe thing. Never heard of it and have a mother and two aunts all over 85 and none has long or ugly earlobes. I don't either at my age my earlobes look exactly the same as they always did. I am now a size larger shoe but I go barefoot so much around the house and yard and then wear sandals alot because I can with the always warmer weather.....I'm spoiled.

#80738 - 01/16/06 05:13 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
ladybug Offline

I was 25 when I finally had my ears pierced. The clip on earrings hurt too much. I had it done at the mall where they used a gun which was quick and painless. I do remember some of the girls at my school with a thin piece of wood through their ears. No thanks,it looked unhygienic.

My earlobes aren't stretched even though I do like to wear big hoops a lot. The gold is very light weight.

#80739 - 01/16/06 06:22 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Sadie Offline

Well, knowone is going to use a ear gun to shot a hole threw my ears lobes . My daughter had four done and the last one hurt and now she does not wear all four earring in her ears. I will stick with the clips . I have friends where they got infected and looked horrible . Not for me.

Chatty, I too walk aroung the house in my barefeet even in the winter . We had to take our shoes off when we came in the door as kids and just got use to it .

#80740 - 01/16/06 11:24 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Big Foot speaking here... 10 1/2 or 11 aaaa or some stupid size like that. Maybe my feet are getting wider with age and I only need an AA. When I started college they were size 9 and I haven't been pregnant either. They went up to 10 by the time I was 30. Finding shoes that fit is a major headache.

The biggest piercings I see are on guys, who have those openings the size of a nickel. Geesh. The first time I saw one of those, it was really hard not to stare.

Nancy, I also don't have pierced ears! No one believes this because I sell earrings -- everyone expects my ears to be pierced. When I was 15 and wanted to pierce them, my doctor told me no way because I had so many allergies. Now I don't have many allergies, but I've been wearing non-pierced for so long, I'm fine with it. I can change pretty much all of the earrings I sell to clip or screw.

#80741 - 01/17/06 08:32 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Sadie Offline

Meredith ,
You do sell clips . I will check your site out and put on my favorites files. I have allegies , also . I am on clarix now . Thanks Meredith .

#80742 - 01/16/06 09:46 PM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
ladybug, right with you, girl on this statement!-
'My definition of "looking good" is this: when you look in the mirror at yourself, you are satisfied with the image there. That's all that counts'.

We know very well, how we wish to look, in our clothes. I'm sure, we've all made fashion adjustments, as we've matured. But, haven't we always made adjustments, through every phase of our maturing, body-changing lives?

I've been around for fifty-four years. That's fifty-four years of our mother earth's good old gravity having its way with me. Slowly, so subtly we don't realize it's taking place, until we begin to really notice the accumulative effects, probably in our forties, early fifties. I weigh today what I weighed in my twenties, I have always exercised regularly, but, girls, if my twenty-something self showed up, and stood beside my fifty-four year old self, the visible difference in our bodies would be extremely obvious!

The fifty-four year old me at 123 pounds trotting around in a spandex crop top, and low-rise jeans? Nah! That look is one the twenty-something me at 123 pounds could have pulled off, before gravity took its toll, and a look which, if I stood before my miror while sporting it today, I'd need be blind, not to notice it was doing nothing for me now.

The big-earlobe thing, in our elder years...well, maybe that's a matter of heredity, as opposed to wearing earrings. I've been wearing earrings of all sizes for almost twenty-five years now, and my lobes haven't started waving in the breeze yet.

Nancy50, Chattylady, add me to the 'bare-footin' crew! As for the feetsies changing as we mature, well, I've read that our feet tend to flatten , and spread out a bit with age. This is also the time when many women find the little pads wearing out, that once protected the pressure points, on the bottoms of our feet.

http://www.intouchwithjeannine.com

#80743 - 01/16/06 11:08 PM Re: Still fashion conscience?
ladybug Offline

I prefer pierced earrings simply because I can only wear 14 kt. gold or real silver and these precious metals are not made in clip styles. Those imitation metals make my ears itch besides being heavy and hurting. My pierced ears never got infected because I followed the directions to keep them clean every day. [Wink]

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved