The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#80664 - 01/04/06 06:50 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
LSmith.....

When I had lost my 60 lbs in my 20's (nearly kept it off,too!!) I had all my "fat" clothes altered. I could not wait to see myself in the same frumpy clothes as a thinner person.

It was wonderful! Like you, I hate to shop for clothes so I paid a lot less for a new wardrobe that I already loved!! It REALLY was a treat for me.

Try it........you'll like it!!

#80665 - 01/04/06 08:48 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Absolutely! I love Filene's but it will be gone shortly. My favorite store is a local store that I have been going to for years. The clothes are good quality, different, dressy and casual, and the girls there dress me up and help me find outfits I like. I like to get a lot of mix and match. They have grown over the years and now are big for formal wear, prom gowns, bridesmaids, mother of the bride, as well as their usual line. They started out with a store in the basement of their home years ago and later a regular store on route one. Now they have moved into a much larger building and expanded. It is called The Ultimate. I also like Chico's.

Chatty, I bought two nice outfits in Vegas somewhere in those shops near Aladdin's for next to nothing. They were summer crop pant sets. Such a buy, I bought one for my daughter too.

Louisa

#80666 - 01/04/06 08:55 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
LuckyLady Offline

Loc: Deep in the heart of Texas
Hello Ladies, I like Chicos and Coldwater Creek for the "mature woman's figure". Yikes..........I don't know about y'all, but I seem to have lost my waist. I think it slid down to my butt. I have a friend who said her bra size went from a 36C to a 36Long!! LuckyLady

#80667 - 01/04/06 10:15 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
I totally forgot about Coldwater Creek because we don't have a store here in Olympia, but there is one in Seattle that I haven't been to yet.
I drool everytime I get a catalog. I love their shoes, and I've bought some clothes too, but only one thing fit because I haven't decided what size I am yet.
Di.....I threw out all of my old big clothes. I would lose weight, put it back on, you know the routine, I'm sure. So this time I told myself don't save the big clothes, you'll know they are there to wear.
As I said I hate to shop, so that made it even better, knowing I would have to shop. Reverse psychology I guess?
Lynne

#80668 - 01/04/06 04:47 PM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I'm a Coldwater Creek fan too.....several of my Christmas presents were from their catalog in fact. I also order things online from Land's End. The only store we have here in my little town is Peebles. It's got a great selection of "everything" and has sales all the time. I'm not a big fan of huge malls so most of the time I make do with online buying and good old Peebles! Since I'm retired, most of the stuff I buy is "casual" wear anyway. If I was looking to buy something "special" I'd probably make the sacrifice (haha) and go to the nearest mall to shop.

#80669 - 01/04/06 11:25 PM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My favorites are Ann Taylor and Loft b/c their clothes fit very well, especially the pants! Another favorite is Harolds (www.harolds.com), but only shop there when on sale and have a coupon or 50% off!

#80670 - 01/05/06 01:04 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I used to love Ann Taylor and Casual Corner. And FIlene's and Jordan Marsh (Macy's now, and I don't like it as well), but only if something was on sale. Also the original Filene's Basement in Boston. They used to have gorgeous clothes there for really great prices.

More recently, I have good luck at Kohl's. But you need to have the patience to really look until you find what you want there.

Looking my best has always been important to me. Doing it on a limited budget is a challenge at times.

#80671 - 01/05/06 05:04 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Luckylady,
We have a Coldwater Creek here in the Mall and will have to check it out more . the have lovely pins and jewerly . I have not checked out there clothes too well. YOu like the clothes at Coldwater Creek ?

Pam, I love the cord slip on slackes from Lands End so much and 7day twills a lot. Pam , have you tried L.L. Bean Clothes? I love them

#80672 - 01/05/06 06:44 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Love, love, love Coldwater Creek. I told my husband that he can't go wrong picking something out for me from CC for Christmas, birthday, etc. I also shop from Lands End and LL Bean. I like no-nonsense clothes. But when I want a few beads and sequins and doo dads, I look for Chicos. Sometimes I want to look like mother earth and sometimes I want to look like a rock star. My mother dressed me well as a kid. When I look at childhood pics, she really knew how to dress me! If only my hair would cooperate. I went through a terrible time in my teens where I hated myself and my body and I draped myself in over sized jeans and flannel shirts. But my main style is fringe, beads, sequins, loops, hoops, and scarves. I used to love to sew my own clothes. Now it's not enough to sew your own clothes. Now you have to have your own line of fashion!

#80673 - 01/05/06 06:47 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Hey, when you're on a budget, you just have to be more creative~ It's fun!

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved