The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#80744 - 01/17/06 02:02 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Well, I not sure about that with clips . I have found light weigh ones and I bet Mereidth has some light weigh ones just me , don't you ! Well, no holes in my ears . Ha!

#80745 - 01/17/06 02:50 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I can't wear clip on earrings. My lobes become red and then start bleeding. I'm left with ugly scabs.

#80746 - 01/17/06 02:58 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Sadie Offline

Hey, Dianne,
Speaking of jewelry . I Love "Swarovski " pins and necklaces . My husband bought me for christmas a lovely swarowvski pin with crystals . So , I bought myself a swan pin today . Don't you love the jewerly .

Well, to each his own on clips . Guess it the kind you buy . Thank goodness I don't have any problem with them. I wear Monet and love them and haven't had any problem for years .

#80747 - 01/17/06 05:48 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I pierced my ears when I was my twenties. I did it with the sleepers. It took forevever for the things to go through, but I've never had a problem with them since. A few years ago, I had a second hole put in with a gun at the mall. They eventually closed up and I'm not doing that again. I can't wear clips either. But I rememer years ago the girls wearing big heavy dangly earrings and everyone saying it would ruin their ears. My sister didn't listen to me and she nearly ripped her earlobes out from those arrings. Now she can only wear very light ones.

I love Swarovski stuff too. Have a lot of it.
Louisa

#80748 - 01/17/06 06:21 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Sadie Offline

Lousia,
I bought the Swan today and it is so pretty . I have a mouse with the pearl Swarovski and a blue whale and now I have the flower with the blue stones in it that my husband gave me for christmas it is so pretty . Now, he would like to get me the very small heart necklace for Valentines Day. I just love there pieces of jewrly so much. They have lovely earring , also .

You can wear them on sweaters or anywhere when you go out or just to stay home.

[ January 16, 2006, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]

#80749 - 01/17/06 07:18 PM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I have a beautiful belt with Swarovski stones on it. I love it and always get compliments when I wear it.

I have pins (broaches) and always forget to wear them. I don't know why but I do. I guess I'm not an accessory woman or something.

#80750 - 01/18/06 06:30 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Sadie Offline

Dianne,
I wear the Swarovski out and get a lot of compliments on them .I wear with casul clothes and sweaters out . I have never seen a belt with the Swarovski stones on them . Oh, how pretty .

#80751 - 01/18/06 12:43 PM Re: Still fashion conscience?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Ladybug,

1. Clips do come in sterling silver, 14 kt. gold-filled and 14 kt. gold. I carry those metals as well as the base metals. If I carry them, then other jewelers do as well. Your not being interested in an item doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

2. Weight has nothing to do with the metal of the ear finding. Any weight earring can come on any type of metal. You seem to be confusing something here as well, and I'm not really sure what it is.

For every metal or earring style that exists, there's someone who can't wear it. I had a customer once who could only wear copper. I just stock every variety or ear finding, and figure that whatever someone needs, I have it. If I don't have it, I can get it.

I wear some pretty big earrings, on screwbacks, not clips. My earlobes are small. However, about 95% of my non-pierced sales are for clips, not screws.

Nancy, my smaller earrings are all lightweight. I have quite a few styles with Swarovski, and am happy to make other styles as well. [Smile]

For whatever reason, I don't wear pins, brooches or rings. I guess that's why I don't make any. Well, I make maybe 10 pins a year, tops, as opposed to thousands of earrings.

#80752 - 01/18/06 07:29 PM Re: Still fashion conscience?
ladybug Offline

Thank you for giving me the information. I must confess Meredith, none of the jewelry stores I've been to around here carry 14kt. gold clip ons.

I have one pair of large mabe' pearl cabochon style earrings that might be classified as a clip on. I think they are called european clip backs?

#80753 - 01/19/06 08:21 AM Re: Still fashion conscience?
Sadie Offline

Mereidith,
Thank you for adding that post about 14k clipped earring . In the finer jewelry stores I have seen clipped and have been able to order in clip earrings . I will check you site out on the jewelry . I will take a look at your Swarovski styles .

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved