The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 168 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#80534 - 03/20/06 08:28 AM Re: Domestic Violence & Religion
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You got it Casey. When I use to write a column for a magazine that was owned by the NYTimes, they had me sign a contract that basically said, "we own your work and you can't write for anybody else." period. I crossed out the areas I disagreed with, then got it in writing from the editor (via email) that this was agreeable to her before I wrote another word. It's NOT acceptable. I couldn't agree with you more!

People DO look at writers as if we "owe" them our words, sometimes. Don't you think? I also don't think some people realize how hard it is to be consistent with our craft and how hard we work at developing it. Lawd...who open the flood gates...sorry.(Queen stepping down from soapbox).

JJ

#80535 - 03/20/06 08:43 AM Re: Domestic Violence & Religion
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
My husband knew Jonathan. When John passed away he sent an email expressing his sympathy.

John thought a lot of him. My husband gave all that up to drive a semi with me across 48 states. We were going to write about our experience.

#80536 - 03/19/06 09:07 PM Re: Domestic Violence & Religion
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
You still can, you know :--))

#80537 - 03/19/06 11:57 PM Re: Domestic Violence & Religion
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Took the words right outta my mouth Casey. Number5, this is great advice and what a tribute to John and your life together...yes?

JJ

#80538 - 03/20/06 12:35 AM Re: Domestic Violence & Religion
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
JJ, I used to get phone calls from frantic college students around end of term time, wanting anything I had on domestic violence. I'm not really into doing homework for others, ya know? They wanted me to fax or mail things to them and one even came to my house in a huge rush. They don't study, just use the words of others and twist them around to look like their own. And we wonder why the younger generation is unmotivated. [Confused]

#80539 - 03/20/06 07:52 AM Re: Domestic Violence & Religion
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Number5, I am here to tell you that even the most brutalized and beaten down animals will respond after awhile to love and they will trust and even feel confident once they are shown that brutality is not the norm. I have fostered hundreds of animals thrown away and they all responded in time and were able to be found loving caring homes...

I was thinking of the news screen name BLISSFUL and if you look it up you'll see why!! Its what I wish for you.

#80540 - 03/21/06 06:06 PM Re: Domestic Violence & Religion
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
You ladies are such an inspiration!! My husband is always stomping one foot then the other down and saying, "reality, 'honey', reality, its something you need to come into contact with and accept. You are old, nobody will ever want you or what you can do again. No one will be willing to invest money in you. Its just me and you. We have to think about us. Just live your life in peace until you die." As he says those words I can physically feel something inside recoil and die or shrink.

He's right, I am a dreamer and imaginative, I do live in a dream world. In my world there are no barriers to age, sex, accomplishment. People can be productive and resourceful and LIVE until their number comes up. I dream and imagine all the time. I have theories and ideas and inside I'm like a greenhouse full of growing plants from seedlings to fully blossoming bushes and fruited trees. I keep a notebook full of ideas and theories and research them and update them and when I'm helping others or contributing to making this a better world I'm happiest. I thrive on change and discovery. But, alas.....,he's right about one thing, I am getting older and I am a dreamer. Someday my 'seedlings' will dry up and my plants will die. I'll become a barren wasteland like him and die in reality.

Tomorrow I may not be here so why not live life to its fullest today??!! I've never felt older than I have since being with him.

#80541 - 03/21/06 09:03 PM Re: Domestic Violence & Religion
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
He's wrong!
You are right! I have a friend who is 75 who is still dating (mostly younger men), still working as a peer counselor, still traveling, changing her house, etc. About a year ago she took in a mother and two children who were with an abusive man. A few years ago she did a vision quest in the desert.

Another friend who is 90 is fighting to stay active, even tho her mind is starting to fracture a bit. She's a hoot. She was a writer in World War II, lived in Mexico, part of the National Writer's Union and we all go sit at her feet to listen.

I like your dreams! Why can't they be reality? Who says reality needs to be dismal and depressing?!!

DO NOT go gently into the night! I'm not planning on it and we are about the same age!

#80542 - 03/21/06 09:55 PM Re: Domestic Violence & Religion
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Your husband is full of bird doo-doo! He's just trying to convince you that you aren't worthy and I've learned that men like this are usually pushing their own fears off on the women in their lives.

Dreamers are what keep the world going around and finding new ways to help their communities. I'd rather be a dreamer than a man who puts down the woman he's supposed to support!

#80543 - 03/21/06 10:03 PM Re: Domestic Violence & Religion
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
He's just asking you to deny reality - the reality that he's a weak man who needs to drink and put down his wife to feel good.

You go girl! You put action to your dreams and they can happen!

Daisygirl

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved